ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: If you saw the Last Jedi in theaters will you see the Rise of Skywalker in the theate
Yes 54 58.70%
No 38 41.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Media Center>If you saw The Last Jedi in the theater do you plan on seeing The Rise of Skywalker?
BigRichard 07:00 PM 11-07-2019
I am just kind of curious to see how many people that saw the Last Jedi in theaters are going to see the new movie in theaters as well. Lets see if I can figure out how to do a poll or if this will be a failure on my part.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:56 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
:-)

I just don't understand this attitude. When i watch ANY Star Wars film, original or new, i've never walked away feeling like i just watched some artistic cinematic masterpiece.

Every single one of them is kinda hokey and silly. Fun and entertaining? Absolutely. But i mean c'mon, they're really not much better than your typical Hollywood sci-fi flick.

/ducks for cover
At its core Star Wars is a kids movie, but like The Wizard of Oz it transcends others of the same genre because of the emotional attachment it created.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:16 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
:-)

I just don't understand this attitude. When i watch ANY Star Wars film, original or new, i've never walked away feeling like i just watched some artistic cinematic masterpiece.

Every single one of them is kinda hokey and silly. Fun and entertaining? Absolutely. But i mean c'mon, they're really not much better than your typical Hollywood sci-fi flick.

/ducks for cover
The first SW was legitimately groundbreaking, even being kinda hokey and silly.

And 'really not better than typical' kind of misses the entire point, when it comes to groundbreaking.

Before ANH, sci-fi was DECIDEDLY hokey and silly. There's a reason so much of it ends up on MST3K. Aliens and monsters were ridiculous. Effects were laughable. Narratives were stuffy and slow.

There were people in their 80s who had never seen anything like it, imagine a 5 or 6 yo seeing it for the first time, with no frame of reference anything like the present day.

It was silly and hokey, but it was also rousing and swashbuckling, and it was a coherent, credible and relatable story taken seriously.

'Typical sci-fi' has been chasing the initial thrill of ANH ever since, and if it's even MARGINALLY superior after 40 years, that's quite a testament.

The only analogs I can think of are Smells Like Teen Spirit, and the IPhone. Not even The Beatles were as revolutionary at first.
[Reply]
FAX 04:00 PM 12-07-2019
Star Wars is a banana duct-taped to a wall.

FAX
[Reply]
Bowser 04:08 PM 12-07-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Star Wars is a banana duct-taped to a wall.

FAX

[Reply]
Rasputin 03:32 AM 12-11-2019
A banana duct taped to a wall can't grill like a Tie Fighter Grill, FAX

[Reply]
BigRichard 04:57 AM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
A banana duct taped to a wall can't grill like a Tie Fighter Grill, FAX

Dammit... now I may need to go buy one of these.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:18 AM 12-11-2019
:-) The new leak tho.
[Reply]
Mahomie 11:16 AM 12-11-2019
With each insipid utterance by Daisy Ridley, and every LGBTQBBQWTF admission by director JJ Abrams, I'm becoming steadily turned off to seeing this.
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:25 PM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) The new leak tho.
Do I dare ask?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:42 PM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Do I dare ask?
Chewbacca's affection for C-3PO is retconned as an emotional dependence on his skills in therapeutic Wookie prostate massage.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:41 PM 12-11-2019
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Do I dare ask?
Here you go

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 08:06 PM 12-11-2019

[Reply]
Bowser 08:08 PM 12-11-2019
If so......fuck. I might wait for this to hit my TV. Wooof.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:37 PM 12-11-2019
Sounds like some low budget Lifetime/SyFy combo.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:00 PM 12-11-2019
If you were tasked with coming up with the worst possible ending to this trilogy, that would be it. Hands down.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 17
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up