ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Media Center>Disney+ coming November 12th
Sure-Oz 07:49 PM 04-11-2019
November 12th 2019

@adamhlavac: #DisneyPlus launches November 12 and will cost $6.99/month or $69.99/year. https://twitter.com/adamhlavac/statu...883136/photo/1

Full Details in link. This will be awesome. May want to get Disney stock I'm guessing.

https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com...-investor-day/
[Reply]
Sorry 12:22 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
They've got the OG Alvin and the Chipmonks, Duck Tales, Tale Spin and Darkwing Duck. Lots of old cartoons in there that i completely forgot existed.

Like Goof Troop.
All my fav shows as a kid
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 01:19 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
As supported model? I did not see any ads on there?

Netflix has the benefit of already having hundreds of original shows. I think since Disney+ only has a few originals as of now, that’s why they chose the weekly episode drop thing.

Maybe once they build up their originals more, they might move more to a Netflix model. But maybe not. I could see them and Apple TV+ following more of the HBO model.
I will say that Hulu released the series I just watched weekly as well, not sure how much original content Hulu really has either so I could be the same situation or it could be that that's just the model Disney prefers.

I could definitely see why as the entire season of Mandalorian could easily be watched in a day, after that I could easily see a lot of people dropping until another big series comes out. This way they can make this series last a couple months which buys them to produce more stuff in the meantime.

If you are a Star Wars fan after watching a season of Mando what keeps you paying? The ability to watch all the movies, (which most SW fans already own) Clone Wars & Rebels reruns? That's a huge group they could lose after one month, and really have them out of content possibly on day one.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:49 PM 11-14-2019
I wonder if Disney will ever release their old R rated and edgier movies from Touchstone and Hollywood pictures on this platform?
From my understanding, Disney Plus will have all of the G, PG and PG-13 rated content while Hulu, which is 90% owned by the Mouse, will be the eventual home for all of the R-Rated content from Fox and Disney.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:44 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
From my understanding, Disney Plus will have all of the G, PG and PG-13 rated content while Hulu, which is 90% owned by the Mouse, will be the eventual home for all of the R-Rated content from Fox and Disney.
HOLY SHIT......

HE’S FUCKING BACK!!!!!!
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:44 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
They've got the OG Alvin and the Chipmonks, Duck Tales, Tale Spin and Darkwing Duck. Lots of old cartoons in there that i completely forgot existed.

Like Goof Troop.
And Gargoyles. And the original X-men animated series.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:07 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And Gargoyles. And the original X-men animated series.
And don’t forget The Gummi Bears.

While I am geeking out over all of that I am also really hoping that with a few of the Muppet movies on there we will have the Muppet Show at some point as well.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:53 PM 11-14-2019
Disney already scrubbing stuff to maintain that family friendly Environment

The episode of #TheSimpsons that features Michael Jackson is absent from the newly launched streaming platform #DisneyPlus https://t.co/QkN2gZm6fB

— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) November 14, 2019

[Reply]
ScareCrowe 05:38 PM 11-14-2019
Disney already scrubbing stuff to maintain that family friendly Environment

I will give them credit while they have left certain things off entirely, (most notably Song of the South as mentioned earlier) they aren't changing anything to make things more PC. In fact apparently there is a warning at the beginning of certain movies indicating that they contain cultural references that aren't deemed appropriate today. And that to remove them would be like trying to claim they never happened.

Although I'm, not sure how the same doesn't apply to the stuff they are refusing to put on the service. But at least they aren't white washing everything.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:57 PM 11-14-2019
As supported model? I did not see any ads on there?

Netflix has the benefit of already having hundreds of original shows. I think since Disney+ only has a few originals as of now, that’s why they chose the weekly episode drop thing.

Maybe once they build up their originals more, they might move more to a Netflix model. But maybe not. I could see them and Apple TV+ following more of the HBO model.
Just going off what I've read as to why Disney didn't follow the Netflix and Prime model to release original series. They think there is more money in a weekly release.
[Reply]
Miles 06:21 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Just going off what I've read as to why Disney didn't follow the Netflix and Prime model to release original series. They think there is more money in a weekly release.
There is also some thought that weekly releases is better for people discussing each episode as they roll out which gets them more exposure vs. all drop and maybe talked about that weekend.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:39 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Miles:
There is also some thought that weekly releases is better for people discussing each episode as they roll out which gets them more exposure vs. all drop and maybe talked about that weekend.
I definitely agree with that. It builds more excitement, anticipation and water cooler talk.

But i still prefer the all drop at once Netflix/Amazon approach
[Reply]
RustShack 06:58 PM 11-14-2019
I went with the bundle. Canceled HBO since I have watched like one movie since GoT ended. I figured since a lot of Big12 basketball will be on ESPN+ now might as well. I’ve never had Hulu before, but we’ll give it a shot.

I’ve just been rolling with an antenna, Kodi, and my girlfriends Netflix.
[Reply]
Bump 10:22 PM 11-14-2019
Have no fear, Disney knows their audience quite well and have provided safety for some of the older classics:

Disney’s new streaming service has added a trigger warning to certain classic movies like “The Jungle Book” and “Lady and the Tramp” to address possible “outdated cultural depictions” that could offend viewers.

Disney Plus, which launched Tuesday amid a host of technical issues, issued a disclaimer on some decades-old movies that reads, “This program is presented as originally created. It may contain outdated cultural depictions.”

The warning appears in the movie descriptions for “Dumbo,” “The Jungle Book” and “Lady and the Tramp,” among others that have faced criticism for depicting racial stereotypes.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...r-outdated-cu/
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:47 PM 11-14-2019
Read that The Simpsons aspect ratio is jacked up where everything is 16:9 and zoomed in...instead of 4:3 which cuts off some important gags.also X-Men episode order

@brettwhite: X-MEN PSA: The episode order on Disney+ is NOT correct. It's not the airdate order. It's not the script order. It's a different order. Everything lines up until episode 3x07, and then it goes wildly off the rails.

@brettwhite: This isn't a major problem since the cartoon became way more episodic after Season 2, so you can kinda watch them in whatever order. But it's still frustrating!
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:36 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
Have no fear, Disney knows their audience quite well and have provided safety for some of the older classics:

Disney’s new streaming service has added a trigger warning to certain classic movies like “The Jungle Book” and “Lady and the Tramp” to address possible “outdated cultural depictions” that could offend viewers.

Disney Plus, which launched Tuesday amid a host of technical issues, issued a disclaimer on some decades-old movies that reads, “This program is presented as originally created. It may contain outdated cultural depictions.”

The warning appears in the movie descriptions for “Dumbo,” “The Jungle Book” and “Lady and the Tramp,” among others that have faced criticism for depicting racial stereotypes.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...r-outdated-cu/

I am surprised Peter Pan isn’t on that list.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Up