ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Media Center>Disney+ coming November 12th
Sure-Oz 06:04 PM 11-15-2019
Disney + will be correcting the aspect ratios for the Simpsons.

https://twitter.com/ErikMAdams/statu...988774400?s=19

@ManaByte: You’ll soon be able to select the original 4:3 aspect ratio for seasons 1-19 of The Simpsons on #DisneyPlus (Season 20 is when it began being made 16:9): https://twitter.com/ErikMAdams/statu...72136988774400
[Reply]
Fish 03:33 PM 11-19-2019
Navigation is getting an update.

Originally Posted by :
Disney+ has added Resume and Restart options. This allows Disney+ users to pick up wherever they left off in a show or movie, rather than losing their place if the app is closed and started up again later, or to restart from the beginning. The update also added an Add to Watchlist feature, making it easier to find content on the homepage.

This update isn’t on all devices yet. Resume, Restart, and Add to Watchlist aren’t available on the Disney+ website, for example, but Roku users have started to see the new buttons. If you aren’t seeing the new features, you’ll likely be getting an update soon.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/disn...start-options/

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:08 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Navigation is getting an update.
I wish ESPN+ would get an update.

YTTV is better. You can start an in progress game from the start without going live. You get thumbnails as you move the slider bar. And there is a 15 second jump forward or back button.

On the desktop browser version of ESPN+ it isn't practical to use the slider bar to back up a few seconds to watch your own replay.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:32 PM 11-19-2019

RUMOR: The #MoonKnight series on @disneyplus will reportedly tie-in to Mahershala Ali's #Blade movie! https://t.co/tS8tAea62A pic.twitter.com/0Jm2UpNLiY

— MCU Direct (@MCU_Direct) November 19, 2019

[Reply]
Bowser 10:54 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:

[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:34 AM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
They fucking nailed that casting!
[Reply]
Munson 03:40 PM 11-23-2019

Thousands of Disney Plus accounts were hacked and sold online for as little as $3 https://t.co/6s5v3IRldH

— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) November 19, 2019

Originally Posted by :
For sale: Disney Plus account, barely used.

Within hours of the streaming service’s bumpy rollout last week, hackers commandeered user accounts: locking out owners, changing log-in credentials and, in many cases, selling them for as little as $3 apiece, a ZDNet investigation revealed.

Disney Plus servers crashed early in the Nov. 12 debut, which the company attributed to extraordinary demand for its library of Disney television shows and movies, including the Marvel and Star Wars franchises and Pixar favorites such as the Toy Story films. The service racked up more than 10 million customers in the first 24 hours. Now, scores of users are complaining online that they’ve lost access to their accounts. Many report spending hours in telephone and chat queues awaiting customer support from Disney, to no avail.

“Disney takes the privacy and security of our users’ data very seriously and there is no indication of a security breach on Disney+,” the company said in a statement emailed to The Post.

Compromised accounts are cropping up on hacking forums all over the Internet, selling for $3 to $11 apiece, ZDNet found. A Disney Plus subscription costs $7 a month. On certain hacking forums, ZDNet found Disney Plus credentials being offered free. BBC also uncovered several hacked accounts for sale online.

“It’s no surprise that cybercriminals jump on the same bandwagon as everyone else when there’s a big new consumer launch,” Niels Schweisshelm, technical program manager at HackerOne, wrote Tuesday morning.” This research should act as a reminder to all consumers about the importance of securing online accounts with strong, complex passwords."

Some users told ZDNet they had reused passwords, leaving them vulnerable to credential stuffing, where hackers use log-in combinations gleaned from security breaches of other companies or websites. But many users on social media reported being hacked despite having unique passwords.

This problem is not unique to Disney. Amazon Prime, Hulu and Netflix have long faced similar struggles with hackers hawking accounts online or giving them away. (Amazon founder Jeff Bezos owns The Washington Post.) Uber dealt with some account theft last year, where consumers saw charges on their accounts for rides hundreds of miles away. Experts said it was likely that credentials had been stolen during a security breach Uber suffered in 2016, which the company hid for more than a year.

Like most streaming services, Disney Plus allows password sharing, meaning an account can be accessed from different devices in different locations, even far-flung ones. Disney Plus also does not have multi-factor authentication, which would require someone to confirm their identity beyond the standard log-in and password before successfully signing into an account. Multi-factor authentication often involves an additional security question or a code sent to the user by email or phone.

“MFA does not guarantee that only the authorized user is indeed accessing the service, but it does help slow down or reduce the likelihood of bad-actors gaining access with only user ID and password credential,” Jonathan Deveaux, head of enterprise protection for Comforte AG, wrote Tuesday morning. “If this is the case with the reports of hacked Disney+ accounts, then Disney did not do anything wrong per se, but they could elect to look at increasing their security posture by upgrading their authentication program.

Disney Plus has launched in only a handful of countries, including the United States and Canada. A new entrant to the increasingly crowded streaming landscape, Disney’s streaming service boasts exclusive access for franchises such as Star Wars and Marvel and for Disney’s shows and films.

Disney shares were up slightly in morning trading.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:59 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:
There were less than 2,500 accounts "hacked" and the account holders are at fault for using the same User Name and Password across multiple internet accounts.

It's called "Credential Stuffing".
[Reply]
Frazod 12:29 PM 12-01-2019
Well, I've definitely got my money's worth out of my $7. In addition to The Mandalorian, I finally bit the bullet and over the course of the last three days (while I've been getting over a nasty cold) watched Captain America Civil War and the last three Avenger movies, none of which I'd previously seen. They were better than I thought they'd be.

I may or may not watch some of the others to fill in some of the blanks. Never saw Dr. Strange, Black Panther or any of the Thor movies.
[Reply]
Sorry 12:37 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Well, I've definitely got my money's worth out of my $7. In addition to The Mandalorian, I finally bit the bullet and over the course of the last three days (while I've been getting over a nasty cold) watched Captain America Civil War and the last three Avenger movies, none of which I'd previously seen. They were better than I thought they'd be.

I may or may not watch some of the others to fill in some of the blanks. Never saw Dr. Strange, Black Panther or any of the Thor movies.
Thor ragnork (spelling) dr strange and black panther are all enjoyable. Ant man is a kinda by the numbers movie but it’s Paul Rudd so it’s good lol
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:59 PM 12-01-2019

Just watch all of them, dude. Let's be honest, you don't have shit better to do and most of them are pretty good. They'll probably be all the more enjoyable since it sounds like you have low expectations.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:16 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Just watch all of them, dude. Let's be honest, you don't have shit better to do and most of them are pretty good. They'll probably be all the more enjoyable since it sounds like you have low expectations.
Yeah, I might. At least Dr. Strange. He seems like the most interesting supporting character.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:27 PM 12-01-2019
Yeah, I might. At least Dr. Strange. He seems like the most interesting supporting character.
Personally, he's not my fave, but if he sticks out to you then I'm sure you'll enjoy his movie.

If you're looking for interesting character arcs, I can't recommend the Thor trilogy enough. The second one is a piece of shit, but the first will likely exceed your expectations and the third is possibly a top 5 MCU movie.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:34 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Personally, he's not my fave, but if he sticks out to you then I'm sure you'll enjoy his movie.

If you're looking for interesting character arcs, I can't recommend the Thor trilogy enough. The second one is a piece of shit, but the first will likely exceed your expectations and the third is possibly a top 5 MCU movie.
Yeah, I've never watched any of them.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:40 PM 12-01-2019
Shit, I even enjoyed Captain Marvel, despite being completely prepared not to.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up