ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 153
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:55 AM 12-03-2019
Got the wife watching now. They've put themselves in an interesting position with Baby Yoda. You can't kill him off or people will riot, and I think the only way to separate them is to do it for the season finale so you go into next season with people understanding it's the Mandalorian, not the Baby Yoda Star Wars show. I'll keep watching regardless of what they do, but playing the Last Of Us card with grizzled combatant having to care for someone all of a sudden that goes against everything they stand for, always plays well to audiences. I know I eat that shit up.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:44 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Got the wife watching now. They've put themselves in an interesting position with Baby Yoda. You can't kill him off or people will riot, and I think the only way to separate them is to do it for the season finale so you go into next season with people understanding it's the Mandalorian, not the Baby Yoda Star Wars show. I'll keep watching regardless of what they do, but playing the Last Of Us card with grizzled combatant having to care for someone all of a sudden that goes against everything they stand for, always plays well to audiences. I know I eat that shit up.
What's getting me is Baby Yoda is the same age as Anakin
[Reply]
007 12:21 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
What's getting me is Baby Yoda is the same age as Anakin
50 years old
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:32 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Who knows what they do with Baby Yoda? This show was filmed a long time ago , so they had no idea his character would break out like this.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:10 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
50 years old
Yep, both would've been 9-10 years old in TPM

Yoda also said they may have misinterpreted the prophecy, so "Yoda Baby" could be another child spawned by the Force in a paradox that created 2 polar opposite chosen that follow different paths of destiny
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:43 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Who knows what they do with Baby Yoda? This show was filmed a long time ago , so they had no idea his character would break out like this.
This is categorically false on both counts.

The show wasn't filmed "a long time ago". Most of the series was filmed in 2018 with some filming spilling into 2019.

Season 2 began ramping up in September 2019 but was written earlier this year.

Lucasfilm intentionally kept "Baby Yoda" a secret by not creating any merchandising that would give away his existence and the premise of The Mandalorion.

That said, "Baby Yoda" merchandising is set to ship soon.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:38 PM 12-03-2019
They knew exactly what they had with baby yoda. Keeping that character secret was specifically why they didn't send out screeners for the pilot. They knew they had a hit show so fuck reviews and they knew they had a holiday toy bonanza as soon as the character hit screens.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:19 PM 12-03-2019
https://www.shopdisney.com/search?q=...a&lang=default

So the stuff you can buy right now looks like the kind of quality you find on any random web site that will print random images on whatever style shirt you want.

But towards the bottom they have some “real” merchandise that you can preorder.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:25 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
That episode was straight out of the Clone Wars animated series. Enjoying the series.
Definitely had a similar vibe to one of the Clone Wars filler episodes
[Reply]
Bowser 08:51 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Probably the weakest episode yet(still had fun with it), but it felt decidedly lower budget, almost like an episode of Xena Warrior Princess.
The love connection was totally forced, but other than that I liked it.
[Reply]
luv 10:56 AM 12-05-2019
Everyone's probably seen this making its rounds on Facebook, but it's still too adorable not to share here...lol.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:33 AM 12-06-2019

Losing revenue this holiday season, Disney is.

Stats show Disney might be missing out on $2.7 million in sales due to lack of #BabyYoda merchandise. https://t.co/1BCnCByJxu pic.twitter.com/3ODf5GDP89

— Screen Rant (@screenrant) December 6, 2019

[Reply]
luv 08:53 AM 12-06-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I actually looked the other day on Amazon. Everything I'm finding is Etsy type stuff. You'd think they'd at least have a stuffed animal or Pop! figurine or something.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 09:01 AM 12-06-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
I actually looked the other day on Amazon. Everything I'm finding is Etsy type stuff. You'd think they'd at least have a stuffed animal or Pop! figurine or something.
What's the difference between a Yoda & a baby Yoda Pop figurine? Just buy a regular one & tell everybody it's baby Yoda.
[Reply]
luv 09:19 AM 12-06-2019
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
What's the difference between a Yoda & a baby Yoda Pop figurine? Just buy a regular one & tell everybody it's baby Yoda.
True. Thought about that after I posted. Still, right now, it's mainly just memes printed on t-shirts, and not even good memes.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 153
« First < 41011121314 151617182464114 > Last »
Up