ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 82
« First < 28687475767778 79808182 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Restaurants of yesteryear
Simply Red 08:33 PM 11-01-2006
What Restaurants did you grow up around? I'm not talking super fancy and yes fast-food counts. What distinctive memories do you associate with them?

Mine?

Taco Via-(the lit up menu of the various taco plates displayed on the wall), WhiteCastle-On a paper plate with fries and Pepsi, Arthur Treachers(off Noland), Tippins(off Noland), Perkins(the free toy well), Country Deli(awesome local deli to Blue Springs heated sandwiches on Sourdough buns), Zarda BBQ and Dairy, FunHouse Pizza(of Course)(Dark. Video- Games,Electonic Riding Bull and 25-cent Taco night) Annes Sante Fe.

Keep in mind I never see these anymore living in Georgia.

[Reply]
New World Order 11:14 AM 05-12-2022
I actually fell hard for a chick in high school and the moment it happened was at a Wendy's
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:19 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I actually fell hard for a chick in high school and the moment it happened was at a Wendy's
Did she have freckles, red hair with pig tails and blue ribbons in her hair?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:23 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
we're getting a Cane's in Georgia near me, how is it? ..I've heard mixed feedback.
Nothing mixed about it. It's good. But, it took me a minute to "get used to" it. It's tenders, fries, slaw, and toast and nothing else. Their iced tea and lemonade are fantastic.

Didn't love it at first, but now we get it weekly because the kids eat it well.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:35 PM 05-12-2022
Going to places like Ponderosa buffets was magical as a kid. The idea I could go make my own soft serve with all the toppings any time was amazing. You were too young to think about the quality of food and it didn’t matter. And of course staying under the age of 10 for three extra years was just all part of the experience.
[Reply]
FlorentinePogen 03:11 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
Wow, that's a blast from the past for me. My very first Chiefs game, my old man took me to the big city (I'm from North Central KS) and we made a weekend of it. Went to Cool Crest the night before the game, and I thought it was some magical paradise. Very fond memories there.

I hear it's a shithole now?
Cool Crest was bad ass! (Maybe it still is, haven't been there in a long time) Loved the variety of the different "courses". I was an ace at winning a free round of golf on the little "skeeball-style" bonus hole at the end. Also the little refreshment shack was the only place I know of that served "Bubble Up" soda. Good times.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:18 PM 05-12-2022
Cool Crest still seems to do a fine business in the spring/summer. Still mini golf and go karts and batting cages.

Speaking of old restaurants, my dad took me here a lot when I was a kid. The Trolley. Old trolley car converted into a greasy spoon diner. Real good food, real reasonable, mom and pop at its finest. Gone now. Was on Truman Road between Forest and Sterling.
Attached: Trolley.jpg (193.9 KB) 
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:17 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Did you show her your Baconator?
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05-12-2022, 07:17 PM
This message has been deleted by MarkDavis'Haircut.
threebag 08:56 PM 05-12-2022
How about the original Showbiz Pizza Place, it was way better than Chuck E Cheese
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:04 PM 05-12-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
we're getting a Cane's in Georgia near me, how is it? ..I've heard mixed feedback.
I don’t care for it SR. Chicken is fine but fries and bread are always soggy. Not a fan of their signature sauce either so if you like that it may be a game changer.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:18 AM 07-24-2022
Raising Cane's recently opened in my area.

I liked it. Only four combo options. Blew my mind. That is a rarity in an era where every chain is trying to offer unlimited options.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:24 AM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Raising Cane's recently opened in my area.

I liked it. Only four combo options. Blew my mind. That is a rarity in an era where every chain is trying to offer unlimited options.
Because:

[Reply]
srvy 01:03 PM 07-24-2022

Also at The Landing shopping center

[Reply]
srvy 01:07 PM 07-24-2022

[Reply]
scho63 02:45 PM 07-24-2022
Beefsteak Charlies was one of the best ever. All you could eat giant fresh chilled shrimp.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:02 PM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Never heard of this, but in terms of marketing sense at least in my lifetime, this looks like the opening shot of an SNL skit, more than an actual business.
[Reply]
Page 78 of 82
« First < 28687475767778 79808182 >
Up