ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 43
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Has there ever been a more insecure QB than Baker Mayfield?
RunKC 03:43 PM 09-27-2019
Can’t believe this guy is still being looked at as a “future star”. If anybody should be compared to Jay Cutler, it’s him.

Actually..he’s worse

He talked shit on the Texas QB while he’s in the NFL, he took shots at his old coach who wasn’t even with the team anymore and continued doing it in the offseason, he talked shit on Rex Ryan and now he’s talking shit on Instagram comments.

Good God you dumb motherfucker. You would think he spends as much time doing this petty bullshit as he does studying for a game.

He has shown talent, but man this guy is not someone you want on your team when things aren’t going well.

More reason to be thankful we have Mahomes.
Attached: 0204A3A7-19B5-47E7-8A83-FCE91141861F.jpeg (160.5 KB) 
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:09 AM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by limested:
Hunt is not that great of a back. If you take out the first 4-6 games of his rookie season he is very average.
You can say that about almost any rookie. You can't take away a players good games and then say 'this is how good they really are!' That makes no sense.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:24 AM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
I suppose it's because he was their "Big Pick" and you can't admit failure ... or something of that nature.

Nick Wright had his graphics department make a slate that compared Baker's stats with Andy Dalton. Big surprise ... Dalton has been playing better (statistically). And Dalton just got his ass seriously benched.

I just think it's difficult for teams to admit a mistake. Especially one as major as this one. And, of course, you have to consider the alternative ... who is their backup QB? I don't even know.

Of course, Baker may turn it around. Their remaining schedule is phenomenally easy. They play a bunch of replacement QBs and some horrific defenses that their run game should dominate.

The Chute Pickles' season may hinge on the donk game. We'll see ...

FAX
Dalton is over 30 years old with a ton of experience. They know exactly what he is at this point. Baker is still a young QB that needs more experience. We will see how it shakes out the next few years.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:39 PM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Dalton is over 30 years old with a ton of experience. They know exactly what he is at this point. Baker is still a young QB that needs more experience. We will see how it shakes out the next few years.
He's a second year starter that should be on the ascent.
[Reply]
Fish 12:45 PM 10-31-2019
Can't believe I drafted this fuckstick in one of my leagues....

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:54 PM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I just don’t see how you can say it doesn’t affect him when so much of the game is mental for a QB.

Hence why Leaf was brought up at the start of this by Hamas.
Actually, I brought up Winston. I said that Mayfield is a douchebag, but that he isn't Leaf. Leaf has his own level on the pantheon of douchebag QBs.

That said, it is undoubtedly true that the personality of the quarterback has a significant influence on a team, and someone who is a carping bitch is going to sour things very quickly when the wins aren't coming.

It's no different than other assholes in sports that are only tolerable when their teams are winning.
[Reply]
FAX 12:55 PM 10-31-2019
For the ChiefsPlanet Record, I am not comparing Dalton to Bakerman. I'm merely pointing out that Nick Wright made a graphic thing that compared them.

Frankly, I haven't watched Dalton play a single snap all year ... never even felt the slightest desire to do so. As a result, I am unqualified to make a judgment on the issue.

I do feel capable and empowered to question any quarterback (regardless of age, year, or draft position) who is throwing twice the number of INTs relative to TDs. That, my friends, is absurd. Further, the claim that Bakerman's struggles are (at least) partially due to the o-line or the coaching or his mental stability only goes so far. The QB touches the ball on every play (wildcat-type-stuff notwithstanding) and has a responsibility to his team not to make everybody look worse.

I only look into the future on subjects that interest me. Therefore, I don't know how Bakerman's career will unfold. As of now, however, he looks like crap and behaves as though he's entitled. That's a bad combination and throws my moral compass into a spin.

FAX
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:59 PM 10-31-2019
Looking at the stats (6 TDs and 12 INTs) he’s Jameis Winston with half the TDS.

67.8 passer rating? 21 sacks? That’s awful.
[Reply]
FAX 01:04 PM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Looking at the stats (6 TDs and 12 INTs) he’s Jameis Winston with half the TDS.

67.8 passer rating? 21 sacks? That’s awful.
He has a QBR of 39.6. That edges out Dalton, Trubiscuit, Allen, Darnold, and Mariota for worst in the league.

Seriously ... you have to almost make a deliberate and concerted effort to be that damn bad.

FAX
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:08 PM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
I don't know ...

Perhaps there's a part of his brain that says "I'm THE GREATEST COMPETITOR IN THE WORRRRLLLLD!!!" right before he slings a duck behind and over-the-head of his receiver.

FAX
Lol Maybe.. but we'd have seen it with Baker prior to this season.

Aaron Rodgers is another cocky douche QB. His team has no problem winning games because he's really fucking good.

I just don’t see how you can say it doesn’t affect him when so much of the game is mental for a QB.

Hence why Leaf was brought up at the start of this by Hamas.
Being a dick doesn't prevent you from throwing accurately or making the right reads.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:47 PM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Lol Maybe.. but we'd have seen it with Baker prior to this season.

Aaron Rodgers is another cocky douche QB. His team has no problem winning games because he's really fucking good.

Being a dick doesn't prevent you from throwing accurately or making the right reads.
I’m not simply talking about being a dick.

I’m talking about his blatant insecurity and inability to block out the noise. Do you read?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:49 PM 10-31-2019
Baker feels the need to respond to all criticism. They say the first thing he does after the game is run to Twitter. That’s a legitimate issue.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 03:08 PM 10-31-2019
Baker feels the need to respond to all criticism. They say the first thing he does after the game is run to Twitter. That’s a legitimate issue.
Sounds like he'll be the next POTUS with that type of behavior
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:37 PM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
Sounds like he'll be the next POTUS with that type of behavior
Oh shit, don't turn this into a DC thread
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:41 PM 10-31-2019
I’m not simply talking about being a dick.

I’m talking about his blatant insecurity and inability to block out the noise. Do you read?
I'm reading. You're just not saying anything.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:51 PM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm reading. You're just not saying anything.
No you’re just REALLY being a fucking moron about this.

Are you’d saying it i isn’t true? Baker can’t focus. He’s constantly distracted by his critics/beefs. How the fuck is that not a problem?
[Reply]
Page 20 of 43
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up