ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 24
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America
Simply Red 02:55 PM 08-21-2019
This has been all over the web and the radio this week. Definitely want to try one, soon!

"The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America" from The New Yorker

Article

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also RB doing a side-by-side vs Chick Fil A

[Reply]
ptlyon 06:25 PM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by burt:
Over 900 sodium....

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk
:-) 1080 according to their website.

"Eat healthy, still get heart disease"
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:17 PM 08-27-2019
So, this is a chicken place that has now caused America to run out of chicken due to making a chicken sandwich.

Did this chicken place not have a chicken sandwich before this one came along? Did they have a chicken sandwich, but this one is, for some reason, astronomically better than the original one? Did they start giving away this chicken sandwich for free, so now we have no more chicken left? Is this chicken place actually a burger joint that decided to make a chicken sandwich?
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:25 PM 08-27-2019
I stopped at Popeye's yesterday at 4pm for take out. Not the chicken sandwich, those aren't my thing.

I've gone there occasionally on my way home at that time and get my food in less than 5 minutes. This time the drive thru was packed so I parked and went inside. The kitchen was in total chaos. It took 5 minutes standing at the counter to get waited on. Guys started piling in behind me asking if they had any chicken sandwiches left. One guy said he was there the day before and they were out. I waited 25 minutes for chicken tenders and I think everyone that came in behind me all ordered the sandwich. I hate waiting for take out from a fast food joint but it was pretty entertaining listening to everyone be so enthused about a sandwich.
[Reply]
007 07:51 PM 08-27-2019
Pepsi or Coke
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:56 PM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
So, this is a chicken place that has now caused America to run out of chicken due to making a chicken sandwich.

Did this chicken place not have a chicken sandwich before this one came along? Did they have a chicken sandwich, but this one is, for some reason, astronomically better than the original one? Did they start giving away this chicken sandwich for free, so now we have no more chicken left? Is this chicken place actually a burger joint that decided to make a chicken sandwich?
I suspect Russian meddling.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:01 PM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Everyone knows that the new thing is the impossible whopper anyway
I've eaten 2 of the damned things. I think they are lying.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:03 PM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I've eaten 2 of the damned things. I think they are lying.
What made you eat the second one?
[Reply]
BWillie 09:58 PM 08-27-2019
I just had Culvers chicken sandwich. Was just as good
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:34 PM 08-27-2019
Popeyes is out of chicken sandwiches (for now).
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:37 PM 08-27-2019
When will the chicken sammich shortage end? The horror! The horror!
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 11:23 PM 08-27-2019
Nothing creates more hype than selling out before the masses get their fill. The local bbq joint always sells out of burnt ends by 1pm everyday. Guess what I want when I make sure I get there before 1? Selling out is good.
[Reply]
ptlyon 05:00 AM 08-28-2019
Holy shit! We're running out of chickens!
[Reply]
tooge 09:45 AM 08-28-2019
So here's my little chicken sandwich quest.

So i've heard all the hype. I'm busting my ass last friday doing work around the property and decide at lunch I'll run on over to Popeyes and try the damned thing out. I get there, and there is a line out the parking lot and into the main road. It looks like a solid 20-30 minute wait. Inside looks packed. Fuck that, I'll pass.

Well, now I'm in chicken sammy mode, so I figure I'll just run on down the street to KFC which can't be much different, grab a chicken sammy, and head home. Nope, there's fucking line out the parking lot there too. I guess plenty of other people got sucked in to the chicken sammy mode and weren't willing to wait at Popeyes just like me.

So, I tell myself, fuck this, just head back towards home, stop at the grocery store, and grab a sandwich there. On the way I pass a Burger King, which is doing the two for $6 chicken sammiches. Guess what? Yep, a line out the parking lot.

So, basically, let me get this straight. Some overly nerdy dude does a review of two chicken sandwiches. Gives the Chik Filet a slight edge mainly for price, but does give kudos to Popeyes, and next thing you know the midwest has a run on chicken? WTF man. I sorta just want to go to Popeyes, order some chicken strips and a bun, and make my own fucking crispy chicken sandwich.
[Reply]
Fish 09:49 AM 08-28-2019
Give me my sammich!!!

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:34 AM 08-28-2019
Just don't slum and go to Raising Canes. Not sure how a place that only does chicken strips can stay in business with a below average product...
[Reply]
Page 18 of 24
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up