ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 118 of 207
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
phisherman 08:59 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by shitgoose:
Merry Christmas to myself
Great choice!

I bought myself a couple nice single malts for myself for Christmas and then my wife bought me a couple more for Christmas so I'm set for a bit!
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:04 PM 12-18-2019
Before starting my Christmas vacation I bought a $16 1.75 bottle of a 3 year old bourbon. I can't recall it's name but 86 proof 3 years in white oak. I hope it's as tasty as R+R Reserve Canadian for $17.88
[Reply]
shitgoose 09:15 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Oh fucking shit!

Baller status. You get retail or secondary?

Retail. Complete stroke of luck. Popped into a liquor store in a small town north of Wichita and it was on the shelf. I nearly shit myself
[Reply]
Miles 10:06 PM 12-18-2019
Retail. Complete stroke of luck. Popped into a liquor store in a small town north of Wichita and it was on the shelf. I nearly shit myself
Hell of a find.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:58 AM 12-19-2019
Best post in this thread in years.

Congrats man. Hell of a find.
[Reply]
scho63 07:44 AM 12-19-2019
Hey Lewdog, I have an idea: how would you like to lead a bourbon tasting for the Phoenix Meetup group? You are certainly getting into the Bourbon Connoisseur level.

Select maybe 5-7 to taste over the course of an evening and we can all meet at Bourbon and Bones in Old Town or a similar place and do a tasting with your narration.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
shitgoose 10:27 AM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by Miles:
Hell of a find.
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Best post in this thread in years.

Congrats man. Hell of a find.
Thanks. It's delicious. Gonna be hard to stay out of it
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:37 AM 12-19-2019
Which liquor store, if you don't mind me asking. TIA
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:13 AM 12-19-2019
Never been a big whiskey/bourbon/scotch drinker until last year. At least straight. Started off late fall last year just buying cheaper bottles & trying them. Been moving up to more expensive bottles over the year. This thread is full of things to try.
[Reply]
Strongside 11:40 AM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Nice haul there. Howd you get ahold of the Blantons?
I actually bought 6 bottles last December. Randomly went into Gomers in Lenexa when they were stocking the shelf with a new shipment and bought them all.

This is bottle #3 since then.

Just got a gift basket from a production partner Tuesday that had a bottle of Remus Repeal Reserve III in it.

Cracked it open last night and it is...FANTASTIC. One of the best bourbons I've had in some time. Check out the mixture on the front of the bottle.

Definitely recommend if you come across it!

[Reply]
seaofred 04:10 PM 12-19-2019
The family and I were in D.C. last weekend and the restaurant/bar we ate at was doing a 13 days of bourbon promotion. I had a glass of Old Rip Van Winkle's 10 year Bourbon. The pour was $14 and I wasn't familiar with it, so I googled it... Per google, it's $999.99 per 750 ml. bottle. So, yeah I had the pour and it was absolutely fantastic.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 04:20 PM 12-19-2019
What's retail price of that these days? I saw a bottle of EC 18 on the shelf at a Total Wine a couple years ago and it was something like $140 or $160. I remember looking it up and seeing that that was actually a good price for it compared to the secondary pricing at most stores. I still passed on it. I later tried a pour of it somewhere and was glad I passed. It was solid - just not worth over $100 to me.
[Reply]
ChiTown 04:30 PM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by Strongside:
I actually bought 6 bottles last December. Randomly went into Gomers in Lenexa when they were stocking the shelf with a new shipment and bought them all.

This is bottle #3 since then.

Just got a gift basket from a production partner Tuesday that had a bottle of Remus Repeal Reserve III in it.

Cracked it open last night and it is...FANTASTIC. One of the best bourbons I've had in some time. Check out the mixture on the front of the bottle.

Definitely recommend if you come across it!

Never had it. Thanks for sharing!
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:08 PM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by seaofred:
The family and I were in D.C. last weekend and the restaurant/bar we ate at was doing a 13 days of bourbon promotion. I had a glass of Old Rip Van Winkle's 10 year Bourbon. The pour was $14 and I wasn't familiar with it, so I googled it... Per google, it's $999.99 per 750 ml. bottle. So, yeah I had the pour and it was absolutely fantastic.
:-) :-) Awesome deal. I would drank half the bottle if possible.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:33 PM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Hey Lewdog, I have an idea: how would you like to lead a bourbon tasting for the Phoenix Meetup group? You are certainly getting into the Bourbon Connoisseur level.

Select maybe 5-7 to taste over the course of an evening and we can all meet at Bourbon and Bones in Old Town or a similar place and do a tasting with your narration.

Thoughts?
I'll be down there from the 30th to the 5th and from the 17th on. Let's make this happen.
[Reply]
Page 118 of 207
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128168 > Last »
Up