ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 32
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Daniel Jeremiah: Many expect Chiefs to trade up for a CB
Shag 02:54 PM 04-16-2018
Not real surprising, but from here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...oking-to-trade

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs are a candidate to trade up for a CB: The Chiefs don't own a first-round pick in this year's draft (they dealt that pick away in the Patrick Mahomes trade last year), but I won't be surprised if they move up from where they're picking in the second round (No. 54 overall). They have a glaring need at cornerback and the top cover men will be long gone by the time they are on the clock if they stay put at No. 54. They need to get into the range of picks 35-40 in order to secure a Day One starter at that position, and many around the league expect them to make that happen.

[Reply]
JakeF 01:57 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by Jethopper:
We drafted a QB in the first. Who cares what happens for the next 5 drafts
I imagine that Patrick Mahomes cares who we draft the next 5 drafts. He would rather not go out there with a shit team around him. KC fans shouldn't want to do to Mahomes what the Colts did to Andrew Luck either.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:59 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I definitely wouldn’t want to give up too much though.

I think we can get one if we trade up 10-12 spots. That shouldn’t cost too much.
I don't think giving up 54+86+196 to the Redskins for 44+109 would be bad to secure a corner.

Wrecking nearly all the gains from the Alex and Peters trades to get a 1st round pick for a corner would be stupid though.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:00 PM 04-17-2018
It’s all about value.

Let’s say it gets to the end of the first and Mike Hughes/Josh Jackson/Isiah Oliver are on the board and we can get one by trading with Philly by using a third this year and a second next year.

If it weren’t for the depth at the position, those guys are usually going in the top 15-20 picks of most drafts. Moving a 2 and 3 to get one is good value.

If one of the other corners is still on the board from 37-44, we can move up from 54 and get another CB that we can have on a cheap rookie deal instead of having to spend in FA for one (corners are very expensive in FA)...

If we can come out of the draft with 2 first round talent CBs, and spend 2 second rounders, a third and fourth...that’s gonna go a long way towards making this defense what we need it to be...effective in sub packages that allows Sutton to turn the pass rushers loose.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:09 PM 04-17-2018
:-) if you think Philly would even consider that trade

Try more like a 3rd and the Chiefs 2019 first, as the floor.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:11 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I don't think giving up 54+86+196 to the Redskins for 44+109 would be bad to secure a corner.

Wrecking nearly all the gains from the Alex and Peters trades to get a 1st round pick for a corner would be stupid though.
After 2018, we only have 1 corner signed for 2019.

This draft is an opportunity to fortify a premium position at a huge discount
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:14 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
After 2018, we only have 1 corner signed for 2019.

This draft is an opportunity to fortify a premium position at a huge discount
So fucking what?

They're adding at least one corner this year and believe it or not, there will be a FA period and another draft again. Yep, it happens annually believe it or not.

They will have more than one for 2019, before 2019 and they will.add more in 2019. Step back from the ledge.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:16 PM 04-17-2018
They need to add 3 corners in this draft

2 need to have starting ability
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:17 PM 04-17-2018
Well ok, keep fucking that chicken.

More like they need a starting LG worth a fuck because the season will mean nothing if Witz misses a block that injures Mahomes or Fisher injures his pussy and they're stuck playing a shitty back up at LT.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:27 PM 04-17-2018

More like they need a starting LG worth a fuck because the season will mean nothing if Witz misses a block that injures Mahomes or Fisher injures his pussy and they're stuck playing a shitty back up at LT.
here's the punch in the gut scenario: Veach maybe contemplating trading Tyreek.

If you're attempting to figure how to maintain the draft capital, with the current value of the Chiefs players.

It would suck, but one could argue that KC has enough talent to succeed in Offense to trade for an upgrade for the Defense.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:30 PM 04-17-2018

I can't imagine fucking a chicken
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:32 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
here's the punch in the gut scenario: Veach maybe contemplating trading Tyreek.

If you're attempting to figure how to maintain the draft capital, with the current value of the Chiefs players.

It would suck, but one could argue that KC has enough talent to succeed in Offense to trade for an upgrade for the Defense.
Loon here...we got a loon here
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:32 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Then making it into a nice shake and bake infused dinner. Thread time!
[Reply]
Buckweath 02:33 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by BossChief:
They need to add 3 corners in this draft

2 need to have starting ability
I disagree. I think they need to draft a top corner early and possibly another in the 4th round or later to develop.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:35 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I've gone to a party at a frat house before where they looked up exactly that.

The male actor seemed to please himself with the chicken fairly easily.

To veer back to the draft. I'd rather give up more points and big plays if it meant keeping Pat upright for 17 Weeks and off IR.

Seems like building around him should be the actual priority.
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:41 PM 04-17-2018
I've gone to a party at a frat house before where they looked up exactly that.

The male actor seemed to please himself with the chicken fairly easily.

To veer back to the draft. I'd rather give up more points and big plays if it meant keeping Pat upright for 17 Weeks and off IR.

Seems like building around him should be the actual priority.
:-) WTF?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 32
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up