ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 32
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Daniel Jeremiah: Many expect Chiefs to trade up for a CB
Shag 02:54 PM 04-16-2018
Not real surprising, but from here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...oking-to-trade

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs are a candidate to trade up for a CB: The Chiefs don't own a first-round pick in this year's draft (they dealt that pick away in the Patrick Mahomes trade last year), but I won't be surprised if they move up from where they're picking in the second round (No. 54 overall). They have a glaring need at cornerback and the top cover men will be long gone by the time they are on the clock if they stay put at No. 54. They need to get into the range of picks 35-40 in order to secure a Day One starter at that position, and many around the league expect them to make that happen.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:12 PM 04-18-2018
Jeremiah’s three team trade.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-d...221051567.html

NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah, Bucky Brooks and former UCLA head coach Jim Mora imagine a three-team draft trade between the Indianapolis Colts, New York Giants and Buffalo Bills.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:22 PM 04-18-2018
Hunt, Kelce, and Houston were all drafted in the third. Hill in the fifth. Why would we give up so much capital to move up?
[Reply]
Chargem 12:55 AM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
https://twitter.com/redmamba707/stat...218784257?s=21

Here’s the dude that seems to have some kind of ins De info

A fourth to go up that high?
Ragnow in the 3rd would be a dream
[Reply]
aturnis 02:21 AM 04-19-2018
I like Austin Corbett. Think he can be had in the third or fourth.
[Reply]
Buckweath 06:38 AM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Hunt, Kelce, and Houston were all drafted in the third. Hill in the fifth. Why would we give up so much capital to move up?
Yeah and Gaines and Russell were also drafted in the third.

You don't trade up just for the sake of trading up but the fact is you are much more likely to get a quality corner and who can contribute immediately at the end of the 1st round or early 2nd round than in the 3rd round.

Some fans think the team can be a SB contender in 2019.

I personnally think, and I'm pretty sure Veach and Reid think the same, that this team can go all the way as early as this year.

I have said it before, the Chiefs mainly need to draft (or trade for) a CB, a DL and a safety. If Veach can manage to get quality play out of 2 of those 3 new players, I really like this team going into this year. It's just about how good Mahomes can be early then.

BTW, I know LG is a concern as well but remember Alex SMith had a career year with Witzmann there so I fully expect a lower pick there but I'd be OK rolling with Ehinger or Witzmann.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:47 AM 04-19-2018
Hopefully Ehinger is back to form , he showed promise before injury
[Reply]
Rausch 07:16 AM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Too many holes for a trade up.

Stay put and take BPA on defense (unless somehow a mauler G falls to us in the 3rd/4th.)
[Reply]
BossChief 08:44 AM 04-19-2018
I don’t get the “we have too many holes to fill” mantra.

This is one of the best rosters in the league and we need to fill a handful of spots with guys that can compete against the best.

Guys that can matchup in the playoffs against top competition and help us win those big games.

IMO that’s not with a bunch of c+ b- guys.

With this roster, I’d much rather have 2 As, a B and a couple Cs than a bunch of b-/c+ guys

2cb
1s
1dl
1lg

We come out of the draft with half those holes filled with top talent, the draft was a huge win and this team will be able to genuinely compete for a title.
[Reply]
Bewbies 09:12 AM 04-19-2018
I want KC to compete this year cause the SB is 10 miles from my house. That'd be great.

I'd be surprised if Mahomes is good enough to beat Big Ben, Brady etc in the AFC this year. Tough thing to do in your first year as a starter.

I do expect him to be 6-0 vs Keesum, Guyliner and Phyllis. Maybe 5-1 if we get a road game on a Thursday night in Oakland again. *cough* Bullshit.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:33 AM 04-19-2018
Thin air in weeks 1 thru 3 would be rough too.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:15 PM 04-19-2018
just stay put and draft the best player available that's not a stacked position on the team. I'd lean defense other than a LG but that's debatable.

We need to come out with 3-4 good football players here.

I should specify-we just need a good solid draft here. We don't need to come up with magic. Maybe not the year for projects. Just good solid football players.

I would totally consider moving down to acquire more picks as long as it doesn't move us out of the 2nd or 3rd.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 08:36 PM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
just stay put and draft the best player available that's not a stacked position on the team. I'd lean defense other than a LG but that's debatable.

I should specify-we just need a good solid draft here. We don't need to come up with magic. Maybe not the year for projects. Just good solid football players.

I would totally consider moving down to acquire more picks as long as it doesn't move us out of the 2nd or 3rd.
The chiefs have a 2nd, two thirds, two fourths, 6th, two 7ths. thats enough picks to find a few blue chip players. to move up just 10 spots in the second, KC would most likely have to give up both fourths from this year, or a combo of picks thats not really worth it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:50 PM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Or trade down and load up picks for 2019 too
[Reply]
BossChief 09:55 PM 04-19-2018
I wonder if a third and fourth this year to go with next years second would be enough to get up to 32-40.

Depends on what chart they are using and how each team values that 2019 2
[Reply]
BossChief 10:03 PM 04-19-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Or trade down and load up picks for 2019 too
**** that.

This team needs to maximize the Mahomes rookie contract years.

We can’t afford to keep pushing resources back another year.

Get some impact guys and let’s go win a title.

I’d much rather have 4 good picks than a bunch of guys that might not make the roster or push the picks to next year.

That’s why I’d love to move up after targeting impact guys.

The impact guys push the previous starters to depth spots.

If we didn’t have a stud on a rookie deal, I’d have a different strategy, but I think this is a strike while the irons hot kinda deal here.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 32
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up