ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 32
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Daniel Jeremiah: Many expect Chiefs to trade up for a CB
Shag 02:54 PM 04-16-2018
Not real surprising, but from here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...oking-to-trade

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs are a candidate to trade up for a CB: The Chiefs don't own a first-round pick in this year's draft (they dealt that pick away in the Patrick Mahomes trade last year), but I won't be surprised if they move up from where they're picking in the second round (No. 54 overall). They have a glaring need at cornerback and the top cover men will be long gone by the time they are on the clock if they stay put at No. 54. They need to get into the range of picks 35-40 in order to secure a Day One starter at that position, and many around the league expect them to make that happen.

[Reply]
staylor26 01:13 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd do what I had to do to get a corner if they project him to be a legit outside guy.

Otherwise, I'd stick with Bryan and keep that pick.
Bryan?
[Reply]
O.city 01:19 PM 04-18-2018
BryanBusby?
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 01:20 PM 04-18-2018
BryanBusby?
Bryan Bulaga?
[Reply]
O.city 01:21 PM 04-18-2018
Plus, you gotta figure that Rams second rounder is probably gonna be towards the back of the 2nd round.

It will be nice to have 2 2nd rounders next year, but they are likely to both be atleast mid to later 2nds.
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:27 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
2019 is going to be an amazing fucking draft to fill what the Chiefs desperately need. Pass-rushers.

No fucking way am I dumping off early 2019 picks considering we need all of that shit, badly. If they want to move up for a corner this year, hey ok whatever I guess but don't use anything more than one of the extra 3rds we already hold. Fuck robbing tomorrow for today.
I'd do what I had to do to get a corner if they project him to be a legit outside guy.

Otherwise, I'd stick with Bryan and keep that pick.
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Bryan?
BryanBusby?

Bryan you play in the NFL? Do you look to come here? We'll keep it quiet - CRAZY though! I never knew this!! Welcome - which school are you at?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:28 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
If the entire league knows that the Chiefs want to trade up, we'll have to ante up. Unlike the Mahomes trade this is very public.
THEY KNOW YOU WANT TO TRADE UP WHEN YOU CALL SAYING YOU WANT TO TRADE UP.

That’s like ordering a beer without the bartender knowing you want a beer.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:31 PM 04-18-2018
I would hold onto both seconds next year, rather than trade up hoping the CB you select pans out.

I mean, if it’s a slam dunk, you thought this guy was top ten talent, then sure. Otherwise, throw numbers at it. All pro guys come out of the second round all the time.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:45 PM 04-18-2018
Plus, you gotta figure that Rams second rounder is probably gonna be towards the back of the 2nd round.

It will be nice to have 2 2nd rounders next year, but they are likely to both be atleast mid to later 2nds.
You would think that those picks would be late in the round. But nothing is certain. Who would have said this time last year that the Rams would be a top team? We all expected the Donks to be bad, but most media expected them to contend for the West. Same with the Faiders. If we trade the Rams pick away and it ends up being around pick 60, then we did good. But what if Peter's and Talib become a huge distraction causing the defense to collapse? If the Rams revert to 2016 level, we will all be in here crying about how nice it would be to have that extra top 50 or better pick.
[Reply]
Bewbies 01:56 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I would.

All of the best corners will be gone by pick 40, maybe late 30’s. It’s going to be just like the receivers in the 2014 draft. Pick 78 is only worth 200 points ( enough to move up to the 44th pick), so the Chiefs would have to trade multiple picks (likely 78 and 124) to move that high. We obviously can’t afford to pick only 3 times in the top 4 rounds.

Chiefs need depth and quality at corner. Replace Peters with a good player now and keep your picks to add depth.
We have extra 3's, use those. I'd rather do a 3, 4, 5 or something that a 3 with a 2 next year. Ouch.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:27 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Bryan you play in the NFL? Do you look to come here? We'll keep it quiet - CRAZY though! I never knew this!! Welcome - which school are you at?
Plz no dox ty

Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
You would think that those picks would be late in the round. But nothing is certain. Who would have said this time last year that the Rams would be a top team? We all expected the Donks to be bad, but most media expected them to contend for the West. Same with the Faiders. If we trade the Rams pick away and it ends up being around pick 60, then we did good. But what if Peter's and Talib become a huge distraction causing the defense to collapse? If the Rams revert to 2016 level, we will all be in here crying about how nice it would be to have that extra top 50 or better pick.
Eh, I wouldn't be certain. They caught a lot of teams by surprise a year ago and cruised a garbage division.

Teams have an entire Offseason to study them and the 49ers are going to be a problem. Sure Jimmy can also be figured out too, but I think Goff is more of a gimmick.

If there's one single team that has the makings of a 2018 let down, it's the Rams.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:38 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Plz no dox ty

Eh, I wouldn't be certain. They caught a lot of teams by surprise a year ago and cruised a garbage division.

Teams have an entire Offseason to study them and the 49ers are going to be a problem. Sure Jimmy can also be figured out too, but I think Goff is more of a gimmick.

If there's one single team that has the makings of a 2018 let down, it's the Rams.
I agree. The Wade factor is a big deal. His defenses are usually pretty tough. But the offense doesn't scare me. They will probably have to hold their opponents under 20 to win most weeks. Granted, their defense has got the tools to do that. But, I guess we'll just have to watch and see.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:21 PM 04-18-2018
https://t.co/jyPK2MUDar?amp=1

Here’s the total point value per pick. Pick 54 is 360 points and Eagles pick is 590. We’ll need at least 170 extra points to move up to the early 2nd rd.

Pick-Points
78-200
86-160
122-50
124-48
196-13.7
233-4
243-2.4
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:27 PM 04-18-2018
If they pay full value to move up, they're dumb. It's a buyers market this year.
[Reply]
aturnis 03:41 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
If the entire league knows that the Chiefs want to trade up, we'll have to ante up. Unlike the Mahomes trade this is very public.
You have to consider there are teams that want to move down and get more picks.

LOOK AT THE DRAFT TRADES FROM LAST SEASON AND STOP BEING SUCH A CHICKEN LITTLE!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:48 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by aturnis:
You have to consider there are teams that want to move down and get more picks.

LOOK AT THE DRAFT TRADES FROM LAST SEASON AND STOP BEING SUCH A CHICKEN LITTLE!
Last season is done, and this season with the Peter's deal it has fucked us when it comes to negotiating especially after broadcasting what you want to do.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 32
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up