ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 144
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:46 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Here's a fun thought:
If we didn't lose to the Titans earlier in the season, they don't even make the playoffs, we don't have Suggs, we likely get the Patriots instead of the Texans, and we likely are traveling to Baltimore this weekend for the AFCCG.

Putting that alternate reality to the side, I understand that the Titans are a physical team that's on a hot streak. Having said that, we're playing just as well as they are, have the game at home, and match up well with them as their secondary can't contain Mahomes. And you'd always take the best QB on the planet ahead of the best RB on the planet in a game like this. Henry will run and run, but aside from one long pass, Tannehill threw for nothing in the first game. And he's combined for 160yds over the last two weeks. Some ball-control offense interspersed with play action isn't going to be enough to beat the league's most dangerous quick-score offense.

Chiefs 38
Titans 17
Half of his passing yards in the Ravens game came on one play. Over half.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:50 PM 01-13-2020
I’m not trying to be cocky, but I’m not nervous. I was slightly nervous last week bc Watson is good and he had weapons to keep up with us. Let me get this straight:

-home game
-best player and QB on Earth
-team confidence
-team experience
-momentum from breakout game

The last 3 quarters was the most complete performance from our team all season. They finally put that together.

It feels like the Titans are going to have to play damn near perfect for 4 quarters to have a legit shot.

Again not cocky, but it feels like we win this game by double-digits
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:52 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’m not trying to be cocky, but I’m not nervous.
You feel this way because Sutton is not here.:-)

It's called the Spags effect!!:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:54 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I liked the idea that someone suggested in this thread about running a 46D or similar type front and hopefully force the Titans to throw the ball. Of course as you said it is easier said than done but I have faith in Spags to come up with something creative this week.
Would've gladly done that with Thornhill back there.

But I'm not sure we can run a 46 with Sorensen/Watts/Fuller as S2.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:55 PM 01-13-2020
I’m worried about San Frans defense tho
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:57 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Which has what to do with the Titans?
[Reply]
ljmhawk 03:57 PM 01-13-2020
1 game at a time
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:58 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Which has what to do with the Titans?
Once we curb stomp Tennessee that’s who we will be playing in the super bowl
[Reply]
TurdsMckenzie 04:01 PM 01-13-2020
Once we curb stomp Tennessee that’s who we will be playing in the super bowl
Why stop making up predictions there? You ready know the AFC and NFC champ winners. Did God not tell you the super bowl winner too?
[Reply]
staylor26 04:02 PM 01-13-2020
The Rams just put up 30+ against that 49ers defense a few weeks ago.

Not the 2018 Rams. The 2019 Rams.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:05 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Here's a fun thought:
If we didn't lose to the Titans earlier in the season, they don't even make the playoffs, we don't have Suggs, we likely get the Patriots instead of the Texans, and we likely are traveling to Baltimore this weekend for the AFCCG.

Putting that alternate reality to the side, I understand that the Titans are a physical team that's on a hot streak. Having said that, we're playing just as well as they are, have the game at home, and match up well with them as their secondary can't contain Mahomes. And you'd always take the best QB on the planet ahead of the best RB on the planet in a game like this. Henry will run and run, but aside from one long pass, Tannehill threw for nothing in the first game. And he's combined for 160yds over the last two weeks. Some ball-control offense interspersed with play action isn't going to be enough to beat the league's most dangerous quick-score offense.

Chiefs 38
Titans 17
Everyone keeps talking about how physical the Titans are and ignoring the fact we have won 7 in a row. We have been hitting hard and playing hard. That was an amazing performance by the O-line- their finest this year.

The Titans won't be coming into Arrowhead and bullying us this time around.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 04:06 PM 01-13-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:

True. But they now have Kwon Alexander and Dee Ford back.

I'm pumped that Ford is back. He can line up offside and give Pat free plays all day long.
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 04:07 PM 01-13-2020
Y'all will win something like 42-27 or around there. Henry will get his yards but the Tits can keep up offensively and your D has just enough to make a couple of stops or force a TO.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:11 PM 01-13-2020

Pass rushers, though.

The way to disrupt this offense is the way offenses have been disrupted for years. You've gotta pressure Mahomes and force him to break schedule or go off script. Now that's not a silver bullet, but it'll help in a big way.

Bosa and Armstead are damn good players who can create some serious trouble w/ the line. Smith and Smith in GB are good as well.

That's why I'm ultimately not too worried about the TN defense - no real pass rush threat. Landry's a good player who's ascending but he's not someone who's going to wreck a gameplan. He may get a sack here and there, but he's not consistently blowing plays apart.

Without Cameron Wake to act as a complementary rusher, they're just gonna struggle to get to the QB. And they can't go sending blitzes because Mahomes sees that stuff coming damn near every time now.

Unless Casey just has the game of his life and turns into peak Dontari Poe for 60 minutes, I just don't see them doing much to harass Mahomes. And if that's the case and he has time to work, Kevin Byard won't be enough to save them.

I just don't see how they hold the Chiefs under 31, even if KC only gets 8 possessions.

Guess that's why they play the games...
[Reply]
RunKC 04:11 PM 01-13-2020

Yeah that’s true. Falcons dropped 29 and Seahawks were a yard away from 28.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 144
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Up