ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 119 of 144
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:40 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
I understand games aren’t played on paper, but the Chiefs are the better team and it isn’t particularly close. Same could be said for Baltimore and look what happened to them.
Like the Patriots, Baltimore was never as good as their record. Their season was a complete fluke. They were a 90s era martyball squad with Michael Vick behind center. And that plays perfectly for the Titans, because the only thing the Tennessee defense does well is defend the run. So even if there was a disparity in talent - and I don't actually think it was all that large between the Ravens and Titans - the match-up was as favorable as Tennessee was going to find in the divisional round.

On the flip side, we are a horrible matchup for them. We're a passing team that can score quickly. They could conceivably ugly up the game as much as possible, run Henry until his legs fall off, double up our time of possession and still lose by double digits. The only way they have any chance is if we hand them points and make multiple special teams goofs, like in the regular season game. And I just have a hard time seeing the Chiefs lose focus like that a second time, much less a week after we spot Houston 24 points.

If the Chiefs don't go in too cocky, just play their game, focus on executing what they do best without committing a bunch of mistakes, this game should be a pretty convincing win.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:45 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by RN47:
This is really just a random thought / observation, but however this game plays out — it’s going to either be a Chiefs blowout victory, or a last second gut wrenching edge of your seat outcome.

The Tits beat a somewhat punchless Patriots team that had little offensive firepower. They fairly well dominated a Ravens team that didn’t adjust for shit, that couldn’t believe they were losing, and kept trying to reinforce a failing game plan. Lamar was a brat on the sidelines, and Harbaugh just stared with his mouth open.

I guarantee you this Chiefs team will pull the proverbial Rocky “cut me, Mick” if they find themselves down late in the game. There’s no getting in this Chief’s team collective head; they’re resilient and completely dialed in. The Tits will have to have not only a bulletproof game plan, but have no room for mental errors or they’re properly F U C T.

ALL the pressure is on them, and they have only one very strong horse to ride.
In a way..the last match-up mirrors the Ravens play-off game. Baltimore would likely beat them 9 out of 10 match-ups...Ingram injured (Hill injured). Team rusty and entitled.

Titans had every conceivable break fall their way. Immobile Mahomes, Watkins dropping a 3rd down conversion, fumble bouncing, just so...it allowed a 50 yard TD. PM just barely overthrowing Hill for an easy TD. Botched snap FG. 4th and 18 conversion. 2 pt conversion. Blocked FG.

Any one of those leads to a Titans loss...it happens. Sometimes the gods smile on you. I wouldn't bank on a "perfect storm" again....and if things arent perfect...Chiefs are the superior team.
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:49 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Like the Patriots, Baltimore was never as good as their record. Their season was a complete fluke. They were a 90s era martyball squad with Michael Vick behind center. And that plays perfectly for the Titans, because the only thing the Tennessee defense does well is defend the run. So even if there was a disparity in talent - and I don't actually think it was all that large between the Ravens and Titans - the match-up was as favorable as Tennessee was going to find in the divisional round.

On the flip side, we are a horrible matchup for them. We're a passing team that can score quickly. They could conceivably ugly up the game as much as possible, run Henry until his legs fall off, double up our time of possession and still lose by double digits. The only way they have any chance is if we hand them points and make multiple special teams goofs, like in the regular season game. And I just have a hard time seeing the Chiefs lose focus like that a second time, much less a week after we spot Houston 24 points.

If the Chiefs don't go in too cocky, just play their game, focus on executing what they do best without committing a bunch of mistakes, this game should be a pretty convincing win.
I'm not a Lamar Jackson fan, and think this year may have been the high point of that offense -- but I believe Baltimore had the #1 offense during the regular season -- something that the Chiefs under Marty would have never done.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:51 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:

If Chiefs execute they win. Period. Not cocky, just a fact that our players are better, our strengths are better, and the team — as you noted — matches up particularly well against the Titans.

Catch the ball and don’t give up a long run, a blocked kick, a missed snap, a fumble going in for a score, or a bizarre penalty reversal and we are fine.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:52 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
If Chiefs execute they win. Period. Not cocky, just a fact that our players are better, our strengths are better, and the team — as you noted — matches up particularly well against the Titans.

Catch the ball and don’t give up a long run, a blocked kick, a missed snap, a fumble going in for a score, or a bizarre penalty reversal and we are fine.
^
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:54 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
I'm not a Lamar Jackson fan, and think this year may have been the high point of that offense -- but I believe Baltimore had the #1 offense during the regular season -- something that the Chiefs under Marty would have never done.
I was referring more to the style of offense rather than saying literally 'the Chiefs under Marty.'

In addition to your point, the Ravens defense this year was nowhere near that good.

Think more along the lines of an early Bill Cowher Steelers squad with Jerome Bettis and then plug in Mike Vick. Although, again, Ravens defense not that good....
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:01 AM 01-18-2020
Gotta make a few points that have likely been discussed already.

-Jones, Suggs, Penel, Eric Fisher did not play against TEN earlier this year.

- Mahomes and Clark were both playing injured.

- This was the last poor game our D had before it went on that tear finishing the season as the best D in the NFL over the next seven games.

My conclusion: At the end of the day, its gonna come down to Ryan Tannehill making plays, not Derick Henry. No RB can out slug this offense. And the D is gonna play in a way that sets up bombs for Tannehill. But none of it will be enough. Titans have to score 40 to have a chance. They wont do it. Their secondary cant match us.
[Reply]
philfree 10:05 AM 01-18-2020
Bold Predictions

The forgotten man D. Williams will have more total yards and TDs than D. Henry. Book it!
[Reply]
Jeff.Fisher 10:05 AM 01-18-2020
After 119 pages you guys still dont get it.

And saying the titans knocked you out of the playoffs on the worst call ever sums up why you dont get it.

I wont waste the time to explain it. Maybe tomorrow about 6pm i wont have to. Good luck chiefs fans, next season should be fun
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:11 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher:

And saying the titans knocked you out of the playoffs on the worst call ever sums up why you dont get it.

I wont waste the time to explain it. Maybe tomorrow about 6pm i wont have to. Good luck chiefs fans, next season should be fun
Oh, I get it..you're a troll who sucks at the very thing that gives his pointless life value. ..

You'll will be gone forever...soon.

You want to mince...bring it, junior.

This jerk-off doesn't realize that his ameuter-hour trolling is nothing compared to what usually goes down here...he feels "special" and noticed for a few seconds.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:15 AM 01-18-2020
Can’t believe people wanted Damien Williams gone. Dude is the Sorenson of the offense. They shine brightest in the biggest stages
[Reply]
DRM08 10:17 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Can’t believe people wanted Damien Williams gone. Dude is the Sorenson of the offense. They shine brightest in the biggest stages
Wasn't Damien the guy who fumbled and gave Titans defense the 50+ yard TD? I would say he owes them some major payback this weekend. Hopefully he can play lights out with no big mistakes.
[Reply]
FringeNC 10:19 AM 01-18-2020

Sure, we're talking up our team to each other -- but there is a reason that the Chiefs are a big favorite in this game. We're at home, and more importantly, we have Patrick Mahomes, and you don't. Without constant offensive line break downs or a bunch of dropped passes, it's going to be a long day for your defense.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:22 AM 01-18-2020

I'll tell you something you don't get. You don't get to play a QB that sucks inside the pocket this week. Brady just sucked in general against your trash defense (even Texans D looked top 10 against the Pats). Lamar Jackson not being able to scramble says everything there.

Number 15 for KC is the cream of the crop, best of the best. A once in 100 years player. And the Titans and going to stop him with a.... RB. At least not with the way our defense is playing now. Your trash defense has mismatches across the board. On top of that, Mahomes can run too. On top of Mahomes' 350 yards through the air last week, he also tallied 51 rushing yards. He's a complete play and some. Titans getting embarrassed tomorrow.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:24 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Can’t believe people wanted Damien Williams gone. Dude is the Sorenson of the offense.
Sorenson has made some seriously pivotal plays, repeatedly, in big games...then sucked in inconsequential ones.
[Reply]
Page 119 of 144
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129 > Last »
Up