ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 100 of 138
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-14-2021
Tampering period ends tomorrow. Post all the signings in here.
[Reply]
BossChief 08:49 AM 03-25-2021
We’re going to move up for a LT.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:49 AM 03-25-2021
There are legit Notre Dame prospects that we could take this year and I’d be good with it.

Aaron Banks, Daelin Hayes, Tommy Tremble, Adetokunbo Ogundeji and Robert Hainsey.
[Reply]
O.city 08:51 AM 03-25-2021
Those first rounders are so valuable we took a running back with one last year......fuck Oh well.

Anyway, Veach doesn't seem like a "low ceiling high floor" gm at a spot like LT.

They may be forced to be, but Cosmi trading up seems like a much better option to me.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:53 AM 03-25-2021
Little, Radunz, or Brown all have more upside, I agree.

Eichenberg is probably most ready to go right away, but is probably just a solid player.

My preference would be to sign a stop-gap and go for the guy you like with the most potential. I could see arguments for any of those 3.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:25 AM 03-25-2021

[Reply]
BossChief 09:35 AM 03-25-2021
I highly doubt Veach is going to cut an above average left tackle and go hard after a HOF tackle while showing zero interest in other average free agent offensive tackles....only to settle for a barely average type upside pick at LT that he will expect to protect his golden boy the next 5 years.

No way that happens.

That’s not what Veach has shown to do in the past.

Veach is going to let his nuts hang and move up for a stud LT unless a couple guys he likes just fall in our lap.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:36 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I highly doubt Veach is going to cut an above average left tackle and go hard after a HOF tackle and show zero interest in other average free agent offensive tackles to settle for a barely average type upside pick at LT that he will expect to protect his golden boy the next 5 years.

No way that happens.

Veach is going to let his nuts hamg and move up for a stud LT unless a couple guys he likes just fall in our lap.
Trading up requires two teams. He can't manufacture a trade with nobody.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:43 AM 03-25-2021
I highly doubt Veach is going to cut an above average left tackle and go hard after a HOF tackle while showing zero interest in other average free agent offensive tackles....only to settle for a barely average type upside pick at LT that he will expect to protect his golden boy the next 5 years.

No way that happens.

That’s not what Veach has shown to do in the past.

Veach is going to let his nuts hang and move up for a stud LT unless a couple guys he likes just fall in our lap.
Like who? Who is this stud LT and how far is he trading up?

And what team is going to trade from in the top 15 to 31 and not try and rape us on value?
[Reply]
BossChief 09:45 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Trading up requires two teams. He can't manufacture a trade with nobody.
I can assure you that he’s already had conversations with other GMs (ongoing year to year conversations as cm well as discussions in the last week that would usually take place at the combine) about moving up and down.

Veach knows how much that selection means.

This is the selection that will protect Mahomes for the next decade or more.

He’s not looking to get by “cheap”.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:46 AM 03-25-2021
What would it take to move up for a guy like Sewell
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:47 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Way to fucking much.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:47 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Like who? Who is this stud LT and how far is he trading up?

And what team is going to trade from in the top 15 to 31 and not try and rape us on value?
This was an odd year in college football. I can see a few teams wanting to add more picks by moving back while still picking in the first.

I’d be just fine using next years first to move up to the teens if a guy Veach sees as elite is there and the opportunity presents itself.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:49 AM 03-25-2021
I can assure you that he’s already had conversations with other GMs (ongoing year to year conversations as cm well as discussions in the last week that would usually take place at the combine) about moving up and down.

Veach knows how much that selection means.

This is the selection that will protect Mahomes for the next decade or more.

He’s not looking to get by “cheap”.
This is absolute BS.

Eric Fisher was the #1 overall pick and didn't last a "decade" here.

The whole "decade or more" line is complete bullshit.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:49 AM 03-25-2021
It took a first and a third, plus another first to move from 27 to 10.

So if you’re looking at getting up in the 12-15 range....it’s probably around that....if not more.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:50 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
We don't have enough picks to get there.

We might be able to get CLOSE to Slater or Darrisaw but it's going to be mega-expensive.

Our best bet is the low 20's and a guy like Sam Cosmi.

Otherwise, we're likely stuck a 31.

Every team in the NFL knows we need a LT. We're going to get fucked hard.
[Reply]
Page 100 of 138
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110 > Last »
Up