ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2995 of 3903
« First < 1995249528952945298529912992299329942995 29962997299829993005304530953495 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 06:12 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Our 7 day average in cases and deaths is the highest it has been here in MO. A lot of people just don’t care anymore.
A lot of people didn't care in the first place. Now add in a cohort of people who are fatigued by all the precautions and now it's Missouri's turn to experience the virus on a broad level.

I keep thinking we're eventually gonna turn the corner. But idk when at this point.
[Reply]
O.city 06:14 PM 09-27-2020
Our 7 day average in cases and deaths is the highest it has been here in MO. A lot of people just don’t care anymore.
Probably

I think it’s just more of an example why it should have been phased lockdowns instead of a single broad one
[Reply]
O.city 06:15 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
A lot of people didn't care in the first place. Now add in a cohort of people who are fatigued by all the precautions and now it's Missouri's turn to experience the virus on a broad level.

I keep thinking we're eventually gonna turn the corner. But idk when at this point.
If you look at other areas and their timelines, we should be about 2/3 weeks from it bending
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:18 PM 09-27-2020
Not sure why people are down voting this. The team that completed the study said this in a press release.
Warmer weather is something I strongly believe factors in as well - based on a bunch of stuff I've read. I worry when it gets cold the virus will be viable for a lot longer in the air and on surfaces.

Also some experts believe one of the reasons for seasonal cold and flu is the transfer from cold/dry air to hot/heated indoor air plays havoc with our mucus membranes - which are the first line of defense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:19 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Warmer weather is something I strongly believe factors in as well - based on a bunch of stuff I've read. I worry when it gets cold the virus will be viable for a lot longer in the air and on surfaces.

Also some experts believe one of the reasons for seasonal cold and flu is the transfer from cold/dry air to hot/heated indoor air plays havoc with our mucus membranes - which are the first line of defense.
Lack of humidity in the winter contributes as well because it dries you up.
[Reply]
O.city 06:22 PM 09-27-2020
When it’s warm and summer we can also get outside and away from each other

Can’t do that very easily in the winter
[Reply]
petegz28 06:27 PM 09-27-2020
Apathy is to be expected when every time you turn around someone or something is in your face about Covid. It has been over 6 months now and people have been told to stay home, have lost or in some cases have had to quit their job, many are playing Teacher for their kids and they can't leave their house without a mask on their face.

Many people understand that the majority of the risk is people who are elderly and at risk for a lot of things or people with other underlyings.

Either way the message of "you may not have it but you don't know so you must act like you do even if you don't" wears thin after a while. It's human nature.

And now you see all the countries in Europe that many of you held up in envy starting to go through the threat of a second round of lockdowns and it gets old.

The constant moving of the goal posts. The overinflation or otherwise purposely misleading information also wears on people. Almost half of our deaths have come from nursing homes or assisted living facilities. That isn't because of Covid but because of decisions that were made.

And the complete and total myopic take on this as witnesses by people like Suzzer also wears people wrong. Some of you want to focus strictly on Covid and ignore the Covide-related issues. Suzzer completely downplayed students committing suicide and told them to suck it up when in reality the fact is at any other time he would be realizing those are actually Covid caused deaths.

Frankly I've about had it myself. You can't write off kids committing suicide over a virus that by in large effects the elderly and those who are already in a limited capacity for any kind of illness be it Covid or the flu.

The media and the fear mongers want to tout the 200k death toll when in reality it's probably closer to 100k because if Covid and 100k because of dumb decisions our leaders made. Don't get me wrong, 100k is nothing to scoff at by any means. But I find it ironic that people who scream fear in the name of safety have not necessarily practiced what they preached.

I look at this way, I don't wanna die from Covid and the odds are I most likely would not. I don't want my kid to get and die from Covid and the odds are he most likely won't. Those who would well, let's sat I have one elderly family member screaming masks, masks, MASKS and the other tons of family or elderly people I meet saying "I can die from a million things but I am not about to live out my remaining days in fear".

When people start looking at Covid for what it is and not what they think or want it to be then things will get a lot better for everyone.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:28 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
When it’s warm and summer we can also get outside and away from each other

Can’t do that very easily in the winter
Okay, 4 months ago people on here were swearing the warm weather would no nothing to curb Covid, Donger being one of the main ones. Now suddenly it's the new boogie man we can latch onto.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:29 PM 09-27-2020
Not sure why people are down voting this. The team that completed the study said this in a press release.
Because in March and April when everyone was saying warmer weather would help, people like Donger and Suzzer were there to argue otherwise.

And because Suzzer is just a plain fucking dickwad.
[Reply]
O.city 06:37 PM 09-27-2020
Those other elderly people who don’t want to “live in fear” can contract this from someone who isn’t symptomatic yet and be severely ill and dead in 5 days. Ask me how I know.

Or the other 50 year old healthy people who don’t wanna change anything in their lives who are now on ventilators. Ask me how I know about that.

I’ve seen anecdotal evidence about childhood suicides, but I don’t see kids dying left and right from suicide around here or on the news, so I’m guessing that’s just anecdotal. The data is the data on it right?

Of course it’s human nature to get worn out on it after this long. That’s why everyone talked about controlling it early, but we didn’t and here we are. So, dig in mates, it’s only gonna get worse before it gets better.
[Reply]
O.city 06:42 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Okay, 4 months ago people on here were swearing the warm weather would no nothing to curb Covid, Donger being one of the main ones. Now suddenly it's the new boogie man we can latch onto.
Warm weather likely did help. People should have been told to get outside and not be in congregated groups in poor ventilated areas inside.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:48 PM 09-27-2020
Those other elderly people who don’t want to “live in fear” can contract this from someone who isn’t symptomatic yet and be severely ill and dead in 5 days. Ask me how I know.

Or the other 50 year old healthy people who don’t wanna change anything in their lives who are now on ventilators. Ask me how I know about that.

I’ve seen anecdotal evidence about childhood suicides, but I don’t see kids dying left and right from suicide around here or on the news, so I’m guessing that’s just anecdotal. The data is the data on it right?

Of course it’s human nature to get worn out on it after this long. That’s why everyone talked about controlling it early, but we didn’t and here we are. So, dig in mates, it’s only gonna get worse before it gets better.
That's the thing about anecdotal evidence, though.

Despite being in a "hotspot" for the better part of the last 6 months, I know of more suicides than CASES (not deaths from COVID, cases). In my group of friends and acquaintances, only two people have had COVID. One of them has lung cancer AND COPD, and recovered in about 3 weeks. I've had 3 acquaintances commit suicide.
[Reply]
O.city 06:53 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's the thing about anecdotal evidence, though.

Despite being in a "hotspot" for the better part of the last 6 months, I know of more suicides than CASES (not deaths from COVID, cases). In my group of friends and acquaintances, only two people have had COVID. One of them has lung cancer AND COPD, and recovered in about 3 weeks. I've had 3 acquaintances commit suicide.
I guess I should say like I was told in this thread when I talked about my family having deaths from this that “the data is the data”. Whatever that means.

I’ve had about 15 cases in my family, multiple deaths and hospitalizations up to this point. All from a single event and now it’s happening on the other side of my family in a similar fashion.

I haven’t heard of anyone in my area having issues with depression or any mental issues.

Am I supposed to take that as a fact it’s not happening. Of fucking course not.

God forbid we have some fucking empathy for other people who are struggling with anything. Fuck.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:55 PM 09-27-2020

You don't seem to get it, guy. Those elderly people who "don't want to live in fear" accept the risks with their own free will. It's not for you to tell them they can get sick and die. The know that and choose to do what they do anyway.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:58 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I am sure apathy and a few other factors play a big part in this but I think at this point it is mostly political for whatever unfathomable reason.

I look back on this and many people said for many months just to wear a silly mask and test we could get almost get back to normal.

Just look at pro sports, they wear masks all the time and test constantly and guess what, they have little to no cases.

If we would have done this alot sooner covid would be mostly low. Now we are just plateaued at 35k-50k daily cases and 700-1000 daily deaths. I don't hold out any hope for this to get better until there is wide spread vaccine use.

The stupidity of people have kind of beaten me down at this point and is why I haven't been in this thread much of late.
[Reply]
Page 2995 of 3903
« First < 1995249528952945298529912992299329942995 29962997299829993005304530953495 > Last »
Up