ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2005 of 3903
« First < 1005150519051955199520012002200320042005 200620072008200920152055210525053005 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 10:20 AM 05-12-2020
Four consecutive days with declining new cases. Hopefully it's not just because of the infamous weekend/Mother's Day.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:21 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
New information out?
Halfway down here:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/3108593001/

Originally Posted by :
While patients treated with Remdesivir recovered 31% faster, Fauci emphasized that the result was “statistically significant, but really modest.” The hope is to build on that modest success through a combination of drugs, he said during a meeting of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, which is considering how and when to reopen the U.S. economy during the coronavirus pandemic.

[Reply]
jdubya 10:22 AM 05-12-2020
I`m confused with the "testing" issue. What is the problem? Here in Ca I can drive 5 minutes in any direction and get tested at a testing center with or without symptoms.....for free. I havent heard of anybody with symptoms go to the hospital and not get tested. Are other states having issues?
[Reply]
jdubya 10:29 AM 05-12-2020
Im in a county of 1.1 million people in the east bay area in NorCal. (20 miles east of SF) We had just 1 new recorded case of C19 yesterday. We have had a total of just over 1,000 cases and 32 dead. People are becoming unglued and want to get back to work. 6 weeks ago most towns looked like ghost towns and parks were empty. Yesterday the vehicle traffic is near normal, hardware stores packed, parks filling up and a skateboard park packed with about 50 kids......
[Reply]
petegz28 10:33 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
we've tested 10x more than Sk but have 20x more infected.

we arent testing enough
Our population compared to theirs is significantly larger. Yes, we need to test more. But people like Donger want to play these games as if everything is equal.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:35 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
I`m confused with the "testing" issue. What is the problem? Here in Ca I can drive 5 minutes in any direction and get tested at a testing center with or without symptoms.....for free. I havent heard of anybody with symptoms go to the hospital and not get tested. Are other states having issues?
I don't personally think it's a HUGE issue, but in a perfect world we would be testing employees who can't easily keep their distance on a near-daily basis. It would be a lot easier to be comfortable with easing restrictions if we were reasonably confident that people who are close together aren't infected.
[Reply]
Donger 10:38 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Our population compared to theirs is significantly larger. Yes, we need to test more. But people like Donger want to play these games as if everything is equal.
You either do understand why per capita (not total number) of tests is the only number that truly matters, or you don't.

Is getting that number higher more difficult because we have a comparatively high population? Yes, of course.

I did read that by September, we'll have the capacity to run 30,000,000 tests a month. So that's good.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:41 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
You either do understand why per capita (not total number) of tests is the only number that truly matters, or you don't.

Is getting that number higher more difficult because we have a comparatively high population? Yes, of course.

I did read that by September, we'll have the capacity to run 30,000,000 tests a month. So that's good.
I understand it perfectly. My point is that while you rant the fact is we have literally tested in cases 10X more than other countries.

As far as the 30 mil goes, get 30 mil to go take a test. It should be easy for you.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:42 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I don't personally think it's a HUGE issue, but in a perfect world we would be testing employees who can't easily keep their distance on a near-daily basis. It would be a lot easier to be comfortable with easing restrictions if we were reasonably confident that people who are close together aren't infected.
I think the best way to get a lot of this done is for the tests to be me readily available to employers then the insurance companies make it a requirement to be tested.

That will fix a lot.
[Reply]
Donger 10:43 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I understand it perfectly. My point is that while you rant the fact is we have literally tested in cases 10X more than other countries.

As far as the 30 mil goes, get 30 mil to go take a test. It should be easy for you.
You understand it perfectly, then go on about total tests performed again...

Easy for me?
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:49 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:

I think for the most part if you have symptoms you can get a test though I don't think alot of places you can drive up and ask to get one you usually have to have your doctor (if you have one) request one.

Here is MO's testing guidelines where you have to meet certain criteria to get one.

https://health.mo.gov/emergencies/er...pdate42220.pdf
[Reply]
jdubya 11:05 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I think for the most part if you have symptoms you can get a test though I don't think alot of places you can drive up and ask to get one you usually have to have your doctor (if you have one) request one.

Here is MO's testing guidelines where you have to meet certain criteria to get one.

https://health.mo.gov/emergencies/er...pdate42220.pdf
Thats how it started here but beginning last week they opened test centers for all regardless of symptoms.........

I believe anybody can also go to local blood lab places and get an antibody test as well. I was told they cost $125
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 11:13 AM 05-12-2020
Would the board be interested in a less discussion based Covid thread that only lists new Covid breakthroughs, trials, lectures, studies, numbers, articles, graphs etc.... without all the non-scientific discussion? A place where you don’t really post unless there is a link to go with it. Thoughts?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:28 AM 05-12-2020
You know what makes all this better...I have a gas leak, so I get to spend my day dealing with that.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:02 PM 05-12-2020
Why can't we do this again? China is going to test all 11 million people in Wuhan.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ockdown-lifted
[Reply]
Page 2005 of 3903
« First < 1005150519051955199520012002200320042005 200620072008200920152055210525053005 > Last »
Up