Page 23 of 298
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:15 PM 11-05-2017
Originally Posted by petegz28:
You watch 31 other teams in the NFL and tell me what they do on 3rd & long most of the time....
Rush 3?

EDIT: And play 20 yards off the LOS?
[Reply]
jspchief 08:16 PM 11-05-2017
Originally Posted by Coach:
If it is a scheme problem (which its obviously is), then why is Sutton having a hard time changing it up? Not to mention that he's still not blitzing as he should, especially dropping our best pass rusher (Houston) in coverage.

I'm sorry, but this just makes me scratch my head.
Someone just posted an article about Sutton from 2008. It was the exact same criticisms. 9 years later and he's making the same mistakes. Nothing is going to change until the there's a new D-coord.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:16 PM 11-05-2017
dude, get the **** out of here with that shit. GRob at least tried. That ****er blitzed and sent pass rushers and at least tried to do what you're supposed to do.

In key pass rushing situations, Sutton consistently drops Houston and rushes 3. I go back to the Steelers game a few weeks ago. 1st & 10, Pit has the ball inside their 1 yard line and what do we do? Drop Houston, rush 3 and watch Roth throw a 30 yard pass to get out of his own endzone with no one in his face or making him move around.
Holy shit, this is unreal. People propping GRob up for the sake of an argument? GRob was total shit. There is no defending his scheme whatsoever.

Like I said, I don't defend what Sutton has done this year. So again, I don't understand your bringing up another example of a defensive failure that I agree was horrible scheme as if I'm going to defend it.
[Reply]
Coach 08:16 PM 11-05-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I disagree that he hasn't changed it up. We did mostly 4-man rush the past 2 weeks. Late against Pittsburgh, started shifting to a big lineup that we tried in Oakland. This game, we played mostly 3-4. We're making adjustments. Just not the right ones yet (and maybe Sutton will never land on one). I don't know. I'm just as frustrated and dumbfounded as you.
Well, a good start would be is to stop making Houston a drop back coverage OLB and make him a rush end. Another good start would be is, since Dak is well known for his scrambling ability, put a Spy on him.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:17 PM 11-05-2017
I disagree that he hasn't changed it up. We did mostly 4-man rush the past 2 weeks. Late against Pittsburgh, started shifting to a big lineup that we tried in Oakland. This game, we played mostly 3-4. We're making adjustments. Just not the right ones yet (and maybe Sutton will never land on one). I don't know. I'm just as frustrated and dumbfounded as you.
We've been trying to stop the run with a dime defense. Romo was even talking about that today. Romo was tearing Sutton a new one as nicely as he could. Just like the Raiders game.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:17 PM 11-05-2017
This last defensive effort, a culmination of the past month, severely depleted my fucks to give repository.

I'd put myself, expectation-wise, about where I was with the 0-5 start. We should be better than this, and Reid is about out of opportunities to prove that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:18 PM 11-05-2017
We've been trying to stop the run with a dime defense. Romo was even talking about that today. Romo was tearing Sutton a new one as nicely as he could. Just like the Raiders game.
Again, I don't understand why you're trying to make this point to me as if I disagree with it. Considering I've said multiple times our defensive scheme right now is not at all working.
[Reply]
Coach 08:19 PM 11-05-2017
Holy shit, this is unreal. People propping GRob up for the sake of an argument? GRob was total shit. There is no defending his scheme whatsoever.

Like I said, I don't defend what Sutton has done this year. So again, I don't understand your bringing up another example of a defensive failure that I agree was horrible scheme as if I'm going to defend it.
GRob was bad.

The point I'm making is, 2003 defense is considered one of the worst defenses in Chiefs history. Sutton has better talent than GRob does, and statistically speaking, performing (averages wise due to 1 game difference), worse than GRob's 2003's defense.

That is it.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:19 PM 11-05-2017

GRob was total shit. He also had shit for talent so his shit stunk even more. Sutton took the defense of the Steelers game last year in the playoffs and carried it over to this year.

the point was, for all GRob's suckage, he at least tried to do the things you're supposed to do, like rush the god damn passer in 3rd and Long....
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:24 PM 11-05-2017
Originally Posted by Coach:
Well, a good start would be is to stop making Houston a drop back coverage OLB and make him a rush end. Another good start would be is, since Dak is well known for his scrambling ability, put a Spy on him.
Maybe. I don't have nearly as much of a problem with this. This is a checkdown, short slant league. And Houston is outstanding in coverage and run defense. Maybe keeping Houston rushing helps create a little more pressure. I hardly think it's even close to the biggest problem. The biggest problem by a mile is in the middle and on the other edge. Just my opinion. I don't know if Dime's been schemed out or if we just don't have the personnel this year. But it's clearly not the scheme we should be running this year. Rushing Houston more often doesn't fix that.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 08:24 PM 11-05-2017
Again, I don't understand why you're trying to make this point to me as if I disagree with it. Considering I've said multiple times our defensive scheme right now is not at all working.
How do you scheme around bad tackling and crap personnel? One of your starting OLB's is Frank fucking Zombo. How do you adjust scheme to account for liabilities such as Acker, Gaines & Sorensen in the secondary? You can't blitz and leave these dudes 1v1. You guys are trying to make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t. Scheme doesn't make up for this stuff.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:27 PM 11-05-2017
Maybe. I don't have nearly as much of a problem with this. This is a checkdown, short slant league. And Houston is outstanding in coverage and run defense. Maybe keeping Houston rushing helps create a little more pressure. I hardly think it's even close to the biggest problem. The biggest problem by a mile is in the middle and on the other edge. Just my opinion. I don't know if Dime's been schemed out or if we just don't have the personnel this year. But it's clearly not the scheme we should be running this year. Rushing Houston more often doesn't fix that.
Rushing your best pass rusher, particularly in 3rd & long is always a step towards fixing things. Not doing it is never going to fix a fucking thing. In fact, it's going to break shit, as we are seeing.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:29 PM 11-05-2017
dropping 8 and giving a QB all day to wait for a WR to come open is not going to stop any offense worth a shit in this league.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:31 PM 11-05-2017
One thing is clear: Either Sutton sucks or Dorsey sucked. Maybe both.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:33 PM 11-05-2017
GRob was total shit. He also had shit for talent so his shit stunk even more. Sutton took the defense of the Steelers game last year in the playoffs and carried it over to this year.

the point was, for all GRob's suckage, he at least tried to do the things you're supposed to do, like rush the god damn passer in 3rd and Long....
I don't understand one bit trying to use GRob to defend anything. I don't give a shit what he tried to do. And stop with the "he didn't have shit for talent" nonsense. GRob was a terrible DC. Period. It had nothing to do with personnel. If you want to bring GRob's name up to discuss how much our defense sucks right now, fine. I don't understand anybody who would defend a single thing GRob did or make even a single excuse for him.

As much as you act like it's so obvious the "things you're supposed to do", those things worked the past 3 years. They aren't right now. So this idea of just rushing Houston and blitzing more is so oversimplistic. It's not like that's an obvious fix to the problem.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 298
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up