« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
Coach 07:56 PM 11-05-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
???
Robinson's 2009 early defense was one of the top in the NFL. Are you really trying to use those 9 games as some kind of representation of Robinson's defense? Those games were a total fluke. Just like Sutton's 2013 first 9 games.
I didn't know Robinson coached a NFL team in 2009...... :-)

Look, the pudding is in the pie. This defense is as bad as 2003 is, and arguably worse in some areas.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:57 PM 11-05-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
Sutton should be giving 95% of his paycheck to Berry.
Sutton shouldn't be getting a paycheck!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:59 PM 11-05-2017
Originally Posted by Coach:
I didn't know Robinson coached a NFL team in 2009...... :-)

Look, the pudding is in the pie. This defense is as bad as 2003 is, and arguably worse in some areas.
2003. Typo. Think you know what I meant.

This defense is as very bad. Never said otherwise. I just didn't understand using Robinson's early 2003 defense to prove some point, given that that defense was arguably a top 10 defense at the time. That was a complete fluke. If you want to compare this defense right now to any Robinson defense beside that time frame, yeah, you definitely have a point.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:59 PM 11-05-2017
The overreaction to Houston going into coverage is so ridiculous that dates back to last year when defense wasn't the issue. That's not fireable. The defensive struggles this year are something totally different. Rushing Houston 100% of the time isn't even close to the biggest of our problems nor do I know that it necessarily solves anything.
Houston drops into coverage more snaps than he rushes the passer.......think about that
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 07:59 PM 11-05-2017
Originally Posted by Jimmya:
Coaches don't change, they just get recycled

"New York Jets and Bob Sutton: Awful Match
SMUSH HIGGINS
DECEMBER 9, 2008

He shouldn't be smiling; he should be crying. Sutton is awful.

In the last two games, Jets defensive coordinator Bob Sutton has been sending three or four-man rushes every play, and seven or eight coverage defenders. Nothing is ever going to be accomplished if you don't send five to seven blitzers. If they don't, the opponent's rushing game will be gaining four to five yards a carry—so will the passing game.

Teams are more conservative with their passing game, using screen and dump passes. For example, Broncos FB/RB Peyton Hillis was killing the Jets on the ground two weeks ago, and still Sutton sent the four-man rush. San Francisco QB Shaun Hill had a great passing day last week and had five seconds of time to throw and guess what...NO PASS RUSH!
WTF History repeating itself.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:02 PM 11-05-2017
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
17,465 days since we last attended a SB and he's had weeks, enough is enough. And allowing corners and safeties to play that far off, dropping rushers in to coverage, and rushing three isn't a sign that he's going to do any fixing. He's ****ing blind or stupid. Outside of Peters there's no part of our D that's good, that's ****ing terrible.

Quit kissing his ass. Unfounded loyalty is why we're at 17,465 days man!
Who's kissing his ass? Good lord, how many times have I said that this defense is atrocious and a big problem with that right now is scheme? This place is the most overreactionary place on the planet.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 08:03 PM 11-05-2017

This defense is as very bad. Never said otherwise. I just didn't understand using Robinson's early 2003 defense to prove some point, given that that defense was arguably a top 10 defense at the time. That was a complete fluke. If you want to compare this defense right now to any Robinson defense beside that time frame, yeah, you definitely have a point.
At no point was the 2003 defense a top ten defense, except in turnovers.
[Reply]
Coach 08:05 PM 11-05-2017

I figured it was a typo, but I had to rattle your chain. :-)

What I was trying to prove was the comparison between those two teams are how many yards are being given up, defensively. And I don't recall a Robinson coached team ever having a top 10 defense, as they were mocked for a 32 _efense back then. The only thing that bailed them out was the insane amount of turnovers (#1 in takeaways). The difference this year is that the yardage #'s is much worse (average wise) and there isn't enough turnovers to bail them out as the 2003 team did.
[Reply]
TLO 08:06 PM 11-05-2017
Fuck it - I'm on board. Fire Sutton during the bye week. Idc who coaches the defense anymore.

#anyonebutsutton
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:06 PM 11-05-2017
Who's kissing his ass? Good lord, how many times have I said that this defense is atrocious and a big problem with that right now is scheme? This place is the most overreactionary place on the planet.
Maybe it would react a little less if the Chiefs would actually react. So far all we ever get is, "we have to do better", "we'll look at the take....", "we need to prepare better"! Bla bla bla, some old shit.
[Reply]
Coach 08:07 PM 11-05-2017
If it is a scheme problem (which its obviously is), then why is Sutton having a hard time changing it up? Not to mention that he's still not blitzing as he should, especially dropping our best pass rusher (Houston) in coverage.

I'm sorry, but this just makes me scratch my head.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:10 PM 11-05-2017
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
At no point was the 2003 defense a top ten defense, except in turnovers.
Like I said, they were a fluke. The same way the 2013 9-0 Chiefs under Sutton were a fluke. I don't understand what anyone is pushing back on. If you want to argue that this year's defense is as bad as the typical Greg Robinson defense, sure have that all day. The early 2003 defense isn't anything close to the typical GRob defense and I have no idea why it was referenced. I'm agreeing with your point that this defense sucks right now. I don't understand what you're trying to push back on.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:10 PM 11-05-2017
You watch 31 other teams in the NFL and tell me what they do on 3rd & long most of the time....
[Reply]
petegz28 08:13 PM 11-05-2017
Like I said, they were a fluke. The same way the 2013 9-0 Chiefs under Sutton were a fluke. I don't understand what anyone is pushing back on. If you want to argue that this year's defense is as bad as the typical Greg Robinson defense, sure have that all day. The early 2003 defense isn't anything close to the typical GRob defense and I have no idea why it was referenced. I'm agreeing with your point that this defense sucks right now. I don't understand what you're trying to push back on.
dude, get the fuck out of here with that shit. GRob at least tried. That fucker blitzed and sent pass rushers and at least tried to do what you're supposed to do.

In key pass rushing situations, Sutton consistently drops Houston and rushes 3. I go back to the Steelers game a few weeks ago. 1st & 10, Pit has the ball inside their 1 yard line and what do we do? Drop Houston, rush 3 and watch Roth throw a 30 yard pass to get out of his own endzone with no one in his face or making him move around.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:13 PM 11-05-2017
Originally Posted by Coach:
If it is a scheme problem (which its obviously is), then why is Sutton having a hard time changing it up? Not to mention that he's still not blitzing as he should, especially dropping our best pass rusher (Houston) in coverage.

I'm sorry, but this just makes me scratch my head.
I disagree that he hasn't changed it up. We did mostly 4-man rush the past 2 weeks. Late against Pittsburgh, started shifting to a big lineup that we tried in Oakland. This game, we played mostly 3-4. We're making adjustments. Just not the right ones yet (and maybe Sutton will never land on one). I don't know. I'm just as frustrated and dumbfounded as you.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 298
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up