that's not dollar cost averaging.
Give me a better explaination.

Thx in advance.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:24 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Give me a better explaination.

Thx in advance.
Dollar cost averaging doesn't mean you're just buying at random times and averaging the price. Actual dollar cost averaging is buying at select intervals (i.e. Each month), knowing sometimes you'll buy high and sometimes you'll buy low. However, the value is always the same. Something like me investing $300 at the start of each month into my ROTH, regardless of what the market is doing. As opposed to waiting for a "dip" and investing a larger lump sum.

There's pros and cons to both ways in that scenario.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:08 AM 06-22-2017
how many shit their pants yesterday?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/marke...296/ar-BBD0gWR
[Reply]
BWillie 12:47 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
If anyone thought they'd make. Quick buck in this is an idiot. I'm buying ethereum to hold for at least around 5 years
I bought 100 of Pivx to hold onto as well for a long time. Lesser amount of Eth and Dash. Just hoping it goes Apple or Google. Pivx is the penny stock of the bunch. Any other thoughts of some good lesser known cheap crypto that might blow up? Something under $5 a coin.

I think holding long term is the play. Just think, if you would have bought $1,000 worth of Bitcoin at the start of just this Chiefsplanet thread in 2013, you would now have $27,000 instead of $1,000.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:06 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I bought 100 of Pivx to hold onto as well for a long time. Lesser amount of Eth and Dash. Just hoping it goes Apple or Google. Pivx is the penny stock of the bunch. Any other thoughts of some good lesser known cheap crypto that might blow up? Something under $5 a coin.

I think holding long term is the play. Just think, if you would have bought $1,000 worth of Bitcoin at the start of just this Chiefsplanet thread in 2013, you would now have $27,000 instead of $1,000.
Bitcoin was 13$ in 2013, according to coinbase. That 1000 would have bought you 77 bitcoins.

It's now $2700+ Per coin

That's about $208,000.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:51 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Bitcoin was 13$ in 2013, according to coinbase. That 1000 would have bought you 77 bitcoins.

It's now $2700+ Per coin

That's about $208,000.
Yeah, I just looked a garf real quick. Even moreso based on your figures. Read an article as well that indicated if you bought $5 in bitcoin 5 years ago, you would have 4.4 million today.

Spend a little, perhaps get alot later if you get lucky. The kicker for me is I had some bitcoin at the beginning of 2014, but I got scared and sold it.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 04:18 PM 06-23-2017
BlockChain Engineer
Foster City, CAFull-time
Company Description
Visa Inc
Job Description
We are working on Blockchain technology and want to add a highly motivated Engineer to our team in
Foster City,CA. Work on emerging technologies, building POC’s leveraging internal infrastructure and data, partnering with Product on implementation strategy.Work with technology teams to understand the business demand and ensure design and build of solutions creates or leverages cross-asset concepts and frameworks.

We're seeking a strong developer experienced with Ethereum and blockchain architecture to be a part of
team tasked with building distributed application. Our ideal candidate has built and released distributed
applications, has worked with the Ripple, R3, Ethereum and/or Bitcoin blockchain, and has experience with Solidity,
Qualifications
Primary Responsibility

Lead several unique Blockchain initiatives
Direct client and business exposure
Write code
Troll Chiefsplanet
Work on blockchain POCs
Monitor blockchain technologies.
Maintain firm’s relationship with the Hyperledger initiative.

Qualifications
Experience in Trade Finance, Equities, Payments Processing, Wholesale Credit
BlockChain technical expertise that is hands-on, platforms
Cloud architecture and scalable solutions including orchestration & containers
Must have a BS in Computer Science
Must have 2+ years of experience with distributed software development.
Must have hands on experience with all aspects of software development: data, server side, UI, and open source software.
Must have experience with Linux, Open source, C++ or Java, client server apps
Demonstrated passion for Fintech innovation, open source (OSS) software contributions, blockchain, cryptography, and
data-science
Passion for Test driven development and continuous learning
Enjoyment of the wild startup rodeo. Yee haw!
No Fear of the edge of startup engineering
Total Industry experience myst be 8+ years
Additional Information
Candidate will be working in VISA Global Commercial Payments area, team will be building a new payment rail leveraging Blockchain technology and distributed ledger, project details can be found here --

https://usa.visa.com/visa-everywhere...b-connect.html
[Reply]
Weapon X 12:26 PM 07-10-2017
In for crypto discussion.

Made a small fortune in this year, weathering the current storm until Aug 1st BTC drama ends and we can get back to focusing on the MFing moon.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:31 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by Weapon X:
In for crypto discussion.

Made a small fortune in this year, weathering the current storm until Aug 1st BTC drama ends and we can get back to focusing on the MFing moon.
?
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 12:34 PM 07-10-2017
?
https://hackernoon.com/casual-bitcoi...t-d568e07418cb
[Reply]
Weapon X 12:36 PM 07-10-2017
?
Scaling debate... blockstream (btc core devs) vs bitcoin unlimited (Jihan Wu of Bitmain, Roger Ver, etc)

Segwit vs bigger blocks

A leading cause for much of the recent turmoil (along with ETH ICOs dumping, FUD campaigns from maximalists, profit taking, and some unsophisticated panic).

The real fun starts back up when EEA 3 gets announced... hopefully soon but might not be until the end of the month :-)
[Reply]
NewChief 12:40 PM 07-10-2017
I don't actually invest in cryptocurrency, but I did find Tim Ferriss's recent podcast with Nick Szabo to be fascinating. He's really interested in potentials for smart contracts and such, but it's a pretty theoretical look at where we could be going with cryptocurrency beyond just the "gold rush" days of today when people are just trying to get rich.

I thought one of the funniest lines was when he said that people he knows in law enforcement are starting to see blockchains as "prosecurtion futures" once they start to be able to unravel them efficiently.

http://tim.blog/2017/06/04/nick-szabo/
[Reply]
Weapon X 01:05 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I don't actually invest in cryptocurrency, but I did find Tim Ferriss's recent podcast with Nick Szabo to be fascinating. He's really interested in potentials for smart contracts and such, but it's a pretty theoretical look at where we could be going with cryptocurrency beyond just the "gold rush" days of today when people are just trying to get rich.

I thought one of the funniest lines was when he said that people he knows in law enforcement are starting to see blockchains as "prosecurtion futures" once they start to be able to unravel them efficiently.

http://tim.blog/2017/06/04/nick-szabo/
Good luck with that lol. Not only are there a slew of privacy coins with zsnark/zerocoin tech, but CT (confidential transactions) protocols will be implemented in BTC, ETH, LTC, etc too.

As for the smart contract tech itself... the EEA is doing a lot of leg work there, as well as ConsenSys in NY (run by Eth Co-founder Joseph Lubin)
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 04:38 PM 07-10-2017

[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 04:41 PM 07-10-2017
so my ethereum went down like 30% and if i wouldve stayed in LTC i would be up 25%

im gonna hold it afor a few years probably just to see what happens

i might buy like 10 more ethereum i dunno
[Reply]
Page 22 of 261
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up