ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 108 of 140
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
Eleazar 08:39 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
So we're taking money we had earmarked for a guy who got into trouble with domestic violence and giving it to a guy with a history of domestic violence? Isn't this really REALLY REALLY ****ing stupid or am I just hopped up on crazy pills here?
Um... no, that just makes you no worse off than you were before.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:40 AM 04-24-2019
I’d go some combination of Bunting/Layne/Mullen/Love/Williams and Samuel/Campbell/Boykin/Hardman/Hall
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:40 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
It's easy to go around complaining "we could have gotten more" because it's unfalsifiable. No one here knows what the competing offers were. But you still have to explain why Veach would take less than the best offer the market would bear, or why he would pay far more than the next best offer for someone. Makes no sense at all.
Except when it happens so many times, that where there's smoke there's fire.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:40 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Wut? You speak as if you know this to be fact when you have zero way of knowing whether we could have gotten more or given less for any player.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:41 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’d go some combination of Bunting/Layne/Mullen/Love and Samuel/Campbell/Boykin
Bunting and Boykin out of those.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:42 AM 04-24-2019
I'm guessing they will see how the legal stuff plays out, if he's clear they tag him. If he'll play under the tag then great, let him go after 2020 season. If he won't, then tag & trade him next offseason.
Yeah maybe but I’d sure like to think that they know Hill is in the clear with law enforcement at this point. I mean can you imagine the backlash they’d face if Hill winds up getting released in the next few weeks over this deal and they have to answer questions about why they would trade for Clark in the midst of that whole process?

I think they probably know at this point that he’s at least free of charges, but an NFL suspension could be another story...
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:43 AM 04-24-2019
The only part I’m not locked down on is how much Veach views safety as a need in the early rounds. Yeah you can bring up Earl Thomas but I still think that was Veach seeing that he could get a top FS on a one year deal and he couldn’t pass that up.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:43 AM 04-24-2019
There's no "smoke" but in your imagination.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:43 AM 04-24-2019
How are you supposed to get more compensation than the market is offering?
Again, if the market bears $10m it doesn't make you a shrewd negotiator to buy at $20m when $11m is all you need. I get that nobody knows what that actual market value is. But we're not seriously this Naive to think a lot of our deals over 2 years didn't seem like a blatant overpay or the trades we made felt like blatant undercompensation.
[Reply]
O.city 08:44 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Yeah maybe but I’d sure like to think that they know Hill is in the clear with law enforcement at this point. I mean can you imagine the backlash they’d face if Hill winds up getting released in the next few weeks over this deal and they have to answer questions about why they would trade for Clark in the midst of that whole process?

I think they probably know at this point that he’s at least free of charges, but an NFL suspension could be another story...
The chiefs social media hasn’t had hill in anything since March 1st. He’s not in any of their workout videos or anything
Seems weird
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:45 AM 04-24-2019
From Nate Taylor's article.

Originally Posted by :
“The guy is better than (Jadeveon) Clowney, (Demarcus) Lawrence, (Joey) Bosa,” one source told The Athletic in assessing Clark’s ability. “Only guy better is (Khalil) Mack. He’s the second-best pass-rusher in (the) league.”
Originally Posted by :
In four seasons with the Seahawks, Clark recorded 35 sacks in 33 games. He produced his best season last year, collecting 13 sacks and pressuring opposing quarterbacks 69 times, which ranked 10th among edge rushers, according to Pro Football Focus.
The Chiefs believe Clark has the elite skill set — complemented by Spagnuolo’s 4-3 scheme — to someday be the league’s defensive player of the year. With a 6-foot-3, 265-pound frame, Clark beat offensive linemen in every way imaginable — with sudden quickness, speed around the edge, tenacious bull rushes, well-timed stunts and strong hand techniques to dislodge the ball from the quarterback.

When studying Clark on film from last season, the Chiefs evaluated him as a far better player than Ford, one who could help the reconstructed defense perform better in a multitude of ways.

“Comparing (Clark) to Dee Ford is comical,” one source told The Athletic.

Originally Posted by :
The Chiefs, after trading Ford to the 49ers, were one of the few teams entering the draft this week with plenty of assets. Chiefs general manager Brett Veach, known for making aggressive moves, hinted last month that a major trade was possible since the team, at the time, possessed four of the top 92 picks in the draft.

“Just knowing that you have the capability, in regard to some (salary-cap) space now and the draft capital, I think is always a good thing,” Veach said last month at the league’s owners meetings. “It can certainly turn into an exciting next few weeks here.”

Included in Tuesday’s trade is that the Chiefs will keep the better second-round pick in next year’s draft, whether it’s their own pick or the one they received from the 49ers. No longer in the first round Thursday, the Chiefs will look to add serviceable players with the 61st, 63rd and 84th overall picks Friday.

“I think there’s some depth in the second, third and fourth round at wideout and at tight end, which would be helpful to us,” Veach said last week in his pre-draft news conference. He added: “The corner class is strong. There might not be that top-10 guy that you (usually) have every year, but I think it’s deep in Rounds 1, 2 and 3.”

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:45 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The chiefs social media hasn’t had hill in anything since March 1st. He’s not in any of their workout videos or anything
Seems weird
I spotted him in a picture they posted on Monday in the weight room
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:45 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Seems weird
I think Hill is a bad bet, at this point. He's already had his second chance.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:45 AM 04-24-2019
You’re an idiot dude. If Veach could’ve gotten more, he would have. It’s really that simple.
[Reply]
O.city 08:46 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I spotted him in a picture they posted on Monday in the weight room
I must have missed it

Good deal
[Reply]
Page 108 of 140
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118 > Last »
Up