Page 110 of 121
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Derek Carr fucking sucks
staylor26 02:10 PM 12-10-2017
That is all
[Reply]
Eureka 09:52 AM 01-13-2023
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
In your scenario, Raiders should trade #7 and Carr for #4. We need playmakers on D, and the best ones will be gone by 7.
That seems like little compensation for Carr. I think more picks would be better for the Raiders with all the positions of need.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:57 AM 01-13-2023
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
In your scenario, Raiders should trade #7 and Carr for #4. We need playmakers on D, and the best ones will be gone by 7.
It would certainly be a more direct path to a similar result.

I just figured the Raiders would be looking to add picks, not move them around. There's gonna be some pretty solid talent at 7, especially if 3 QBs go before then.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:45 PM 01-14-2023

Former #Raider @KJ_WRIGHT34, who played with Derek Carr is saying what most of the guys on the team CAN'T say right now. Nice guy but he wasn't the RIGHT guy. It is what it is #RaiderNation pic.twitter.com/I2Vf464Jsp

— JAYFORCE (@Jayforce) January 13, 2023

[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:50 PM 01-14-2023
One thing you should consider is that none of these GMs that are on the hotseat are going to want to bet their own career on one of these QB's-none are a lock (or a LUck, if you will), and none are likely to turn around a shit franchise right away.

Nobody wants to draft the QB for their successor.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 07:49 AM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This KJ Wright?

.@KJ_WRIGHT34 says the @Raiders are the team to beat in the AFC West pic.twitter.com/rxJQYy7cVe

— NFL Total Access (@NFLTotalAccess) May 18, 2022

[Reply]
Eleazar 09:02 AM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
One thing you should consider is that none of these GMs that are on the hotseat are going to want to bet their own career on one of these QB's-none are a lock (or a LUck, if you will), and none are likely to turn around a shit franchise right away.

Nobody wants to draft the QB for their successor.
If you're coming into a place like Carolina where things are bad, bringing in a journeyman QB will be a drop-in upgrade and will make it look like you've got things headed in the right direction. The down side of that is that you won't have the draft capital to pick the QB who could really be the guy.

The only way to build what the Chiefs, Bengals, Bills etc. have is to push all your career's chips in on one guy.
[Reply]
O.city 09:08 AM 01-16-2023
I was about to say what Razaele said.

The only way to get to the Bills or the Eagles or the Chiefs level is to draft and develop your own guy, likely taking a highly rated guy pretty early.

Otherwise, you have to build your team up ala the 9ers and have a guy steer the ship.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:30 AM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
If you're coming into a place like Carolina where things are bad, bringing in a journeyman QB will be a drop-in upgrade and will make it look like you've got things headed in the right direction. The down side of that is that you won't have the draft capital to pick the QB who could really be the guy.

The only way to build what the Chiefs, Bengals, Bills etc. have is to push all your career's chips in on one guy.
And that's why a smart executive would do both.

It's what the Chiefs did with Smith/Mahomes. They had it coming and going.

Get your veteran with a year or two left on his deal and while you have a shit team with a high end draft pick, take your chances on a high ceiling young guy.

Because at worst, the young guy craters and you still have a solid veteran in your pocket. And you keep your job.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:59 AM 01-16-2023
Can we stop all the trade Carr talk? I don't see any team giving up draft picks for a player the team HAS to cut.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:11 AM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And that's why a smart executive would do both.

It's what the Chiefs did with Smith/Mahomes. They had it coming and going.

Get your veteran with a year or two left on his deal and while you have a shit team with a high end draft pick, take your chances on a high ceiling young guy.

Because at worst, the young guy craters and you still have a solid veteran in your pocket. And you keep your job.
Yep. No question.

The problem lies with you have to go ahead and unfuck to at least a base level of competency with the following:

Roster: QBs are all well and good, but you have to find 25 dudes that can play and hope you can find some depth somewhere. This is hard. Obviously, because there are some shit rosters in there. Obviously if you are getting a job, good chance the roster is shit.

General Staff: Good chance that if your administration is full of fuck, so is your training staff and equipment guys. You have to make sure you address it at some point.

Assistant Coaches: You can't turn loose your shiny new problem solving dudes on coaches that suck.

There are so damn many places that can make an otherwise good coach/QB/System/Approach fail it's ridiculous. That's why the failure rate is through the roof.

But yeah, the smart guys get a competent guy to plug the holes and bring some professionalism. Then you can look for YOUR guy. Not A guy, but YOUR guy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:15 AM 01-16-2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:18 AM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yep. No question.

The problem lies with you have to go ahead and unfuck to at least a base level of competency with the following:

Roster: QBs are all well and good, but you have to find 25 dudes that can play and hope you can find some depth somewhere. This is hard. Obviously, because there are some shit rosters in there. Obviously if you are getting a job, good chance the roster is shit.

General Staff: Good chance that if your administration is full of fuck, so is your training staff and equipment guys. You have to make sure you address it at some point.

Assistant Coaches: You can't turn loose your shiny new problem solving dudes on coaches that suck.

There are so damn many places that can make an otherwise good coach/QB/System/Approach fail it's ridiculous. That's why the failure rate is through the roof.

But yeah, the smart guys get a competent guy to plug the holes and bring some professionalism. Then you can look for YOUR guy. Not A guy, but YOUR guy.
There are maybe a half dozen teams out there right now being held back by trash QB play.

Just off the top of my head I think you have the Falcons, Panthers, Colts and Jets. The Lions would qualify, IMO, as would the Commanders. The Texans suck too hard to make that list. The Bears and Broncos might be pot-committed.

But any of those other teams have a path to both trading for Carr and acquiring a young QB who can take them the rest of the way over the top. And I think both Levis and Richardson have the right mix of tools to be great and warts to push them into gettable range.

So now you just gotta get it right. The plan is the easy part - this seems like a no brainer. The execution is the problem. We'll see if any of these GMs have the chops/stones to pull it off.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:18 AM 01-16-2023
Jesus Clay. That is fucking SAVAGE.

Did you make that?
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:20 AM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Can we stop all the trade Carr talk? I don't see any team giving up draft picks for a player the team HAS to cut.
I dunno, if he'd be happy as a backup, I might flip him for a 7th.

He's better than Henne who at his age has to be about done anyway, and IDK if Buchele is the guy or not, but Carr is better than him. If he'll work for free and be part of something, I'd dump a 7th on him to keep him off the market.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:20 AM 01-16-2023
it's clearly barry mccockiner's :-)
[Reply]
Page 110 of 121
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120 > Last »
Up