ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 257 of 341
« First < 157207247253254255256257 258259260261267307 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
frozenchief 08:14 PM 11-14-2020
I got a Glock 29 earlier this year. Went to Glockstore and upgraded the guide rod and got an extended slide lock and the extended slide release. Much easier to take the slide off and to release the slide. I'll get a new trigger sometime and maybe a couple of other things.

If you have a Glock and want after market upgrades, can't beat glockstore.com
[Reply]
vailpass 08:28 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Any ideas where to get a new HK VP9 for a decent price? Almost everywhere I've looked is out-of-stock right now. Found a couple in-stock online but not that great of a deal at around $750, and found a couple at gunbroker.com for close to $500, but the auctions have a few more days so who knows what the final price will be.
HK, the master race :-) I paid around $700 for my VP9 about 6 months ago. The 2020, optics ready. That’s standard price, could sell it for more right now on any of the HK sites. If you can find an in-stock 2020 VP9 for $750 right now, that’s a good find.
[Reply]
srvy 09:04 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
This made me laugh. For when they try to make us register our guns.

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:34 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
This made me laugh. For when they try to make us register our guns.

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 07:41 PM 11-17-2020
Won the auction on the "limited" SIG P220 NIGHTMARE .45ACP
Will pick it up on Saturday. Will try NOT to shoot it.
Also picked up a bunch of ammo.

Word to those who care. Come Late Jan early Feb- we might not be able to buy firearms, parts or ammo online for a while (or ever again).
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:59 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Won the auction on the "limited" SIG P220 NIGHTMARE .45ACP
Will pick it up on Saturday. Will try NOT to shoot it.
Also picked up a bunch of ammo.

Word to those who care. Come Late Jan early Feb- we might not be able to buy firearms, parts or ammo online for a while (or ever again).
Nice get on the SIG.

And btw, it may be worse than that.

I'm hearing rumors that Biden will make it illegal to transport firearms/ammunition across state lines.

So, UNLESS THE WEAPON/AMMO IS MADE IN YOUR STATE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BUY IT, PERIOD.

Again, I don't know this for sure, but this is what I've heard a couple times now among the more up-to-date folks in my circle. And these are not alarmist types at all. Usually these people think they're trying to talk me down, so take it for whatever you want.

But if true, understand that most ammo is not made in the U.S. There are only a few large-scale ammo plants in the U.S. today. Every other brand of ammo is made overseas. And if you don't happen to live in the same state as one of those plants, you might not be able to buy manufactured ammunition at all. Ditto new firearms.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:13 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

I'm hearing rumors that Biden will make it illegal to transport firearms/ammunition across state lines.

So, UNLESS THE WEAPON/AMMO IS MADE IN YOUR STATE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BUY IT, PERIOD.
I am betting on the worse side and hoping for better.
Not waiting either way
[Reply]
vailpass 08:14 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Nice get on the SIG.

Again, I don't know this for sure, but this is what I've heard a couple times now among the more up-to-date folks in my circle. And these are not alarmist types at all. Usually these people think they're trying to talk me down, so take it for whatever you want.

But if true, understand that most ammo is not made in the U.S. There are only a few large-scale ammo plants in the U.S. today. Every other brand of ammo is made overseas. And if you don't happen to live in the same state as one of those plants, you might not be able to buy manufactured ammunition at all. Ditto new firearms.
Seems like there are enough Constitutional questions in those issues to get them to the Supreme Court. Where they will surely die.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:16 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
I am betting on the worse side and hoping for better.
Not waiting either way
Same. I just put in another order for components, and going to take some time this weekend to try and scare up some powder and primers. Might even take another look at a couple guns that were on the back burner; see if I should move them up the list of "have to haves."
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:18 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Seems like there are enough Constitutional questions in those issues to get them to the Supreme Court. Where they will surely die.
This is my hope. But wish in one hand . . .

Bottom line, this type of EO/legislation/regulation should be fought tooth and nail, that is for certain.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:19 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Its the executive order bs that I worry about. Could take years to get to the SCOTUS. Then who knows. Packing the court has been discussed more than twice.
[Reply]
kepp 09:30 AM 11-18-2020
Some 22lr in stock - https://www.wikiarms.com/group/22LR
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:47 AM 11-18-2020
Palmetto State Armory has some 9MM in stock. I ordered a couple boxes, hopefully it comes through.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:06 AM 11-18-2020
Wow I was just checking around and this is officially nuts (from SG Ammo)... I'm glad I have enough to ride out the storm for a while.

Like not having bought Apple or Microsoft back in the 80s, not buying tons (and I mean tons!!!) of ammo last January is looking to have been a missed opportunity.

And I'd still like to know where it's all going. I'm not sure I'm buying that the factories are closed because of COVID, but I could be wrong.
Attached: Screenshot 2020-11-18 100220.jpg (76.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:50 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Wow I was just checking around and this is officially nuts (from SG Ammo)... I'm glad I have enough to ride out the storm for a while.

Like not having bought Apple or Microsoft back in the 80s, not buying tons (and I mean tons!!!) of ammo last January is looking to have been a missed opportunity.

And I'd still like to know where it's all going. I'm not sure I'm buying that the factories are closed because of COVID, but I could be wrong.
The ones I got from Palmetto were .60. They're gone now.
[Reply]
Page 257 of 341
« First < 157207247253254255256257 258259260261267307 > Last »
Up