ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2013 of 4820
« First < 1013151319131963200320092010201120122013 201420152016201720232063211325133013 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:37 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
And that Thomas play, how is that a TD? It wasn't even ****ing close.

It's funny how some teams always receive the benefit of the doubt.
I was more in bounds than he was. Ridiculous officiating.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:38 AM 09-10-2018
Apparently in the NFL, they must make sure Denver is at least ok...I really do think that's why they almost always get 3 out of 4 to open the year, a 3-1 start basically at worst keeps them in the race until December even if they suck balls.
[Reply]
TEX 07:47 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I don't expect you guys to be impressed... I was marginally happy with it. The defense broke too often on big plays, similar to last year. Offensively though, love what the rookie RBs did - Sutton played a decent role and it was good to see Jake Butt playing. Janovich is back, so that definitely helps things out.

Offensively, yeah they struggled and the INTs were bad (at least 2 of them, one was an excellent play by the DB). I think they have a lot to work on and the upside looks good.

It's about how I figured they would play, but they have to address that coverage issue and what happened to let the SEA TE do the damage. One week at a time.

KC is in the driver's seat and they should be... Broncos are going to lose games like that on Sunday more often than not. Carrol should have challenged the fumble play, but he didn't get it done in time - refs had nothing to do with that one. And, I admitted when it happened that I didn't think DT got his feet in bounds on the TD. Incredibly borderline, the refs made the call and the review didn't reverse it - on the broadcasts, they weren't 100% sure and when that happens - you maintain the call on the field.

Both teams were pretty sloppy. Loved what the Broncos did with pressure on SEA, that was nice, but overall they gave up too many big plays.

Offensively, they moved the ball well and that's a positive - will be interesting to see how they continue to work Freeman and Lindsay.
Like I said, Denver needed two blown calls to barely squeak by a terrible Seattle team at home. Yes, Carrol should have got his shit together sooner for the challenge, he said he tried to challenge, but couldn't as he was too late - or something weird like that. Challenge or not, it was a clear fumble. Gift # 1.

And you know damn well that DT did NOT get BOTH feet down. It was NOT as close as you're making it out to be. His foot was clearly on the line. And because you know it, they should have known too. Furthermore, all the talking heads were saying it was clearly out too last night after the fact. Gift # 2.

Dang - that's just so impressive!
[Reply]
TEX 07:50 AM 09-10-2018
Apparently in the NFL, they must make sure Denver is at least ok...I really do think that's why they almost always get 3 out of 4 to open the year, a 3-1 start basically at worst keeps them in the race until December even if they suck balls.
Yep. That is exactly the case.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:53 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
That's exactly the case. Denver was NEVER in control of the game. Took everything they had, and help from the refs, just to barely squeak by a rebuilding team, in their home opener. That's IMPRESSIVE DAMMIT!!!!! :-)
Well, they weren't getting hammered either... it was close the entire game. That happens with two teams rebuilding across a number of positions.

It was 17-10 Denver at the half.

Denver controlled the flow of the first half by every measure, the INT that led to the first TD for SEA was such a short field.

Overall, SEA had 11 drives that ended in a punt, turnover, missed FG or end of half. Leaving the 4 scoring drives. DEN had 9 drives that ended in a punt, turnover. And, they had 5 scoring drives.

Fairly equal from a "what they did with their drives" perspective.

Denver killed them with 1st downs - I think SEA converted once, a TD. And, Denver won the sack battle, 6-1.

That TD to DT that is in question was on 1st and goal at the 4... I'm pretty confident that had they called that a non-TD, Denver would have found the endzone on the next 2-3 plays with the way they were moving the ball. So, I wouldn't lose too much sleep screaming foul there.

It wasn't a glorious display overall by any means, but it's what you might expect from two teams looking to find their way as they redefine themselves at a few spots.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:55 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
Like I said, Denver needed two blown calls to barely squeak by a terrible Seattle team at home. Yes, Carrol should have got his shit together sooner for the challenge, he said he tried to challenge, but couldn't as he was too late - or something weird like that. Challenge or not, it was a clear fumble. Gift # 1.

And you know damn well that DT did NOT get BOTH feet down. It was NOT as close as you're making it out to be. His foot was clearly on the line. And because you know it, they should have known too. Furthermore, all the talking heads were saying it was clearly out too last night after the fact. Gift # 2.

Dang - that's just so impressive!
Well, your 'gift 1' was only really clear in the slo-mo review, not live. For me, I wouldn't call that a gift - every game you have teams hurrying up to get a play off before the other team can challenge. That's what happened here. If you can tell me watching that play live that it was a clear fumble, then you should get a job as an NFL ref - they need you.

And, I addressed 'gift 2' and said at the time I didn't think he got both in.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:57 AM 09-10-2018
Just remember something even by your own admission you are saying you are similar to Seattle a team that is probably going to draft in the top 5...at best top 10.

Yet the Broncos are a team that the vast majority of that fan base seems to think is a good team, how does that make any sense?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:14 AM 09-10-2018
Just remember something even by your own admission you are saying you are similar to Seattle a team that is probably going to draft in the top 5...at best top 10.

Yet the Broncos are a team that the vast majority of that fan base seems to think is a good team, how does that make any sense?
Well, I don't speak for the majority of the fanbase.

SEA was a 9 win team last year, DEN was a 5 win team.

Both are rebuilding.. and who says SEA is a top 5 drafting team? Consensus of fans? There's 15 weeks left in the season.

Right now, I don't think it says too much negatively about either team to say going into week 1, they were similar.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 08:19 AM 09-10-2018
How is Denver rebuilding exactly? What holes does Denver have on their roster? I understand questioning Vance Joseph and Case Keenum, but there is no way you can definitively say either is terrible at this moment.
[Reply]
CrossCheck 08:20 AM 09-10-2018
2018 NFL predictions: USA Today has Seahawks finishing with worst record in NFC

Seattle Seahawks (4-12): Ex-LOBer Richard Sherman nailed it when he said, “They’ve lost their way.” Russell Wilson could generate 100% of the offense this year, and it won’t be enough for a roster that’s crumbling around him.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/7/20...rst-record-nfc
[Reply]
TEX 08:23 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Well, your 'gift 1' was only really clear in the slo-mo review, not live. For me, I wouldn't call that a gift - every game you have teams hurrying up to get a play off before the other team can challenge. That's what happened here. If you can tell me watching that play live that it was a clear fumble, then you should get a job as an NFL ref - they need you.

And, I addressed 'gift 2' and said at the time I didn't think he got both in.

Point is with replay - both were obvious. The NFL has replay for such occasions. Gift #1 was just dumb because Caroll didn't challenge in time. That's on him... But Gift # 2 was reviewed, and in typical Denver- getting -a -gift -at -home- fashion, was ignored. In fact, it was first ruled CORRECTLY as OUT, but changed! I believe the exact words uttered were,"After conference, the ruling on the field is a Touchdown." :-) Just happened to be the "game winner". :-)

And so, we all should be impressed because , Denver gets their "7th Home Opening "win" in a row" (Just happens they have opened at home for 7 straight years). Business as usual...:-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:26 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
How is Denver rebuilding exactly? What holes does Denver have on their roster? I understand questioning Vance Joseph and Case Keenum, but there is no way you can definitively say either is terrible at this moment.
I'm sorry, knowmo. Not every Broncos fan is a retarded homer like you.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:28 AM 09-10-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Your secondary is as questionable as ours. Von has a career game and you still gave up 3 TD’s and 300 yards to a team with terrible receivers.

Old man Brandon Marshall, Tyler Lockett and some Dissly guy I’ve never heard of.

And you’re lucky it wasn’t 4 TD’s bc that Marshall pass interference in the end zone was a BS call. Pac-Man got smoked
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 08:35 AM 09-10-2018
Vance Joseph improved his record to 3-2 this season.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:52 AM 09-10-2018
Can’t wait to see what Keenum does against the Chargers.

Derwin James impressed the hell out of me yesterday. He looks damn good. I’d definitely be worried about your INT-prone QB against a player like James if I were you, Donk fans
[Reply]
Page 2013 of 4820
« First < 1013151319131963200320092010201120122013 201420152016201720232063211325133013 > Last »
Up