ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 110 of 111
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 NFL Free Agency Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:39 AM 03-16-2020
Certified Corona free.

Post here. Pertinent free agent signings can still have their own thread. Anyone who replies with a Q, because something is buried in this thread should blah blah AIDS tree.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:15 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
This sounds like it could be up one NFL team's alley...

"As one club executive told me Friday, it’s unnerving to think there’s even a small possibility that one NFL team with a smart IT person could figure how to hack another team’s Zoom sessions on draft night."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/
Now I have never done an NFL Draft, but I have put together a number of high profile events that require secure data and and whatnot. Here is what I'd do.

Obvious Steps

1. Have the entire Chiefs facility professionally cleaned and disinfected. You should do this anyway.
2. Determine what staff are required to be on site for the draft.
3. Determine where they will be located in the facility to comply with self distancing regulations.
4. Establish a war room of only key individuals.

There is NOWAY in help I'm doing this on zoom, Ubercall, or anything else. This is going to be in my facility, using my infrastructure the team uses daily. If something breaks down, you can walk across the hall way and get your question answered. You can use a phone system that is already in place, backed up by personal cell phones

If you want to get serous...

Sequester key needed staff 14 days out of the draft on the grounds of the facility.
Clark can rent some motorhomes, buses, trailers, whatever, to make sure that the staff can gather for the the draft.

These NFL facilities are self contained compounds. They have professional kitchens, are very large, and are perfect to use for the draft.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:19 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Zoom is garbage. It's easy to use and advertises itself well, but it's a piece of shit compared to the options I listed above. The only thing it does well is let everybody be visible on video chat at all once.
Zoom has security and privacy issues, which is why online classrooms are being bombarded by trolls while video calls have been routed through China.

And despite claiming the contrary, their end-to-end encryption of calls is non-existent.

It's trash.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:02 PM 04-06-2020
Late risers. Willie Gay Jr could be our first pick. Isaiah Wilson also projected to go rd 1 by a few GM’s

I wouldn’t be surprised if Miss State LB Willie Gay Jr goes in early 2nd round. His interviews have been really good and he’s extremely explosive on tape.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 6, 2020

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:08 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Late risers. Willie Gay Jr could be our first pick. Isaiah Wilson also projected to go rd 1 by a few GM’s

I hope Patrick Queen is there but he’s projected to be taken by the Ravens who is 4 spots ahead of us
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:39 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 08:52 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
:-)
What’s so funny?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:03 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Remember when KU football wanted all of their offensive and defensive lineman to cut weight and look lean? That worked out so, so well.
But it's...Beaker football :-)
[Reply]
srvy 09:20 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Now I have never done an NFL Draft, but I have put together a number of high profile events that require secure data and and whatnot. Here is what I'd do.

Obvious Steps

1. Have the entire Chiefs facility professionally cleaned and disinfected. You should do this anyway.
2. Determine what staff are required to be on site for the draft.
3. Determine where they will be located in the facility to comply with self distancing regulations.
4. Establish a war room of only key individuals.

There is NOWAY in help I'm doing this on zoom, Ubercall, or anything else. This is going to be in my facility, using my infrastructure the team uses daily. If something breaks down, you can walk across the hall way and get your question answered. You can use a phone system that is already in place, backed up by personal cell phones

If you want to get serous...

Sequester key needed staff 14 days out of the draft on the grounds of the facility.
Clark can rent some motorhomes, buses, trailers, whatever, to make sure that the staff can gather for the the draft.

These NFL facilities are self contained compounds. They have professional kitchens, are very large, and are perfect to use for the draft.
I believe #1 should be well underway as I thought I read the Home and away locker rooms were to receive major renovations.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:51 AM 04-07-2020
anyway.

If old man Suggs wants to come back on a cheap deal, play a role and get another ring, I'd be happy to have him on board. Even at 38, he still has to be accounted for. And he's an excellent mentor/saavy veteran.
[Reply]
O.city 09:56 AM 04-07-2020
So what FA's are still available that could help the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:01 AM 04-07-2020
Always knew Gay was going to go much higher than some of these places have him projected.

As far as guys left that could be helpful.....

Breeland
Bradham
Jason Peters...
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 10:05 AM 04-07-2020
Since most draftees will not sign until July. Do they need the money to sign them. Available before the draft?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:14 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Always knew Gay was going to go much higher than some of these places have him projected.

As far as guys left that could be helpful.....

Breeland
Bradham
Jason Peters...
Peters?? Did Fisher or Schwartz die? And before you say let’s move him to guard........ yea let’s take a OT who made the all decades team at OT and move him to a new position. CP is stupid at times
[Reply]
Mecca 10:15 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Peters?? Did Fisher or Schwartz die?
He's like 38 years old he might be game for playing guard for a SB team.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:45 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What’s so funny?
The thought that after everything that has been said about him by most of the "talking heads" here and everywhere else that Gay might go in the top of the 2cd would be ironic.
[Reply]
Page 110 of 111
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111 >
Up