ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 519 of 791
« First < 19419469509515516517518519 520521522523529569619 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:35 AM 03-14-2019
Yeah. Let's just throw all the 2nds we've been collecting to bolster our roster with cost effective talent in Mahomes expensive years for Clark. :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:35 AM 03-14-2019
I don’t think they’re looking to add a star edge player right now. I think they’re trying to build up a large rotation of rushers who can be versatile, performing their stunts and twists that they may be asked to do.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:35 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
[Coller] Vikings are waiting on Everson Griffen or a Waynes trade. They have no money to spend. If they made a big move, they could chase after one of the better FAs still on the board.

Check if they'll take less just so they can get anybody left.
Gimme Waynes. I'll take him right now.
[Reply]
O.city 10:35 AM 03-14-2019
Griffen makes a lot of money already right? Was he the one that had the issues this last eyar?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:36 AM 03-14-2019
The only players I’m trading for are CBs. Just draft your own DEs....or sign someone like Golden.

The only DE I’m trading for is Ogbah.
[Reply]
O.city 10:36 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I think i'd rather have Darby, he'd just cost money.
[Reply]
Line Judge 10:37 AM 03-14-2019
I apologize if the answer to this question is in the last 96 pages of this thread. It is obvious that I do not understand the free agency process. As of 3/13 the Chiefs have 11 unrestricted free agents that have not been tendered an offer by the chiefs. Does this mean that the Chiefs do no longer want them on the team or is there some negotiating process that will lead to a contract? If no other team picks them up are the Chiefs able to negotiate a lower salary to keep them? If so is there not a risk that the Chiefs will lose someone they want to keep or do they care?

These players officially became free agents at 3 p.m. central time Wednesday and can sign with club.
• G Jeff Allen
• DE Allen Bailey
• WR Kelvin Benjamin
• WR Chris Conley
• OL Jordan Devey
• TE Demetrius Harris: Agreed to a two-year contract with the Cleveland Browns
• C Mitch Morse: Agreed to four-year, $44 million contract with the Buffalo Bills
• CB Steven Nelson: Agreed to three-year, $25.5 million contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers
• CB Orlando Scandrick
• FB Anthony Sherman
• WR De'Anthony Thomas
• RB Spencer Ware
• RB Charcandrick West
• LB Frank Zombo
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:37 AM 03-14-2019
Waynes has like a $9.5M 2019 cap hit.

Darby would be similar and not cost picks. And he’s better.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:37 AM 03-14-2019
The only players I’m trading for are CBs. Just draft your own DEs....or sign someone like Golden.

The only DE I’m trading for is Ogbah.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:39 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Line Judge:
I apologize if the answer to this question is in the last 96 pages of this thread. It is obvious that I do not understand the free agency process. As of 3/13 the Chiefs have 11 unrestricted free agents that have not been tendered an offer by the chiefs. Does this mean that the Chiefs do no longer want them on the team or is there some negotiating process that will lead to a contract? If no other team picks them up are the Chiefs able to negotiate a lower salary to keep them? If so is there not a risk that the Chiefs will lose someone they want to keep or do they care?

These players officially became free agents at 3 p.m. central time Wednesday and can sign with club.
• G Jeff Allen
• DE Allen Bailey
• WR Kelvin Benjamin
• WR Chris Conley
• OL Jordan Devey
• TE Demetrius Harris: Agreed to a two-year contract with the Cleveland Browns
• C Mitch Morse: Agreed to four-year, $44 million contract with the Buffalo Bills
• CB Steven Nelson: Agreed to three-year, $25.5 million contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers
• CB Orlando Scandrick
• FB Anthony Sherman
• WR De'Anthony Thomas
• RB Spencer Ware
• RB Charcandrick West
• LB Frank Zombo
They're free to sign anywhere, a few of them will probably end up coming back...also Terrence Smith got not tendered so he should be on that list too.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:39 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
$9 million cap hit, and on last year of his deal (5th year option)

At what price do you extend a player who is very similar to Steven Nelson in terms of style? Waynes is longer and a decent tackler, but is not great when he cannot see the ball - he gets grabby and does not have the best ball skills.

Not sure I'm offering a lot of draft capital for that.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:39 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think i'd rather have Darby, he'd just cost money.
Why not both? Seems like we're going the Patriots route of investing mostly into the secondary.
[Reply]
thabear04 10:39 AM 03-14-2019
Need to get Anthony Sherman back for cheap.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 10:39 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Waynes has like a $9.5M 2019 cap hit.

Darby would be similar and not cost picks. And he’s better.
Yup, not a big fan of Waynes, I’d hesitate to even call him a clear upgrade on Nelson.

Much rather Darby, ACL and all.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:40 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Griffen makes a lot of money already right? Was he the one that had the issues this last eyar?
He went a little crazy and he's 31. His 2019 salary of $10.9 million fully guarantees tomorrow and with roster/workout bonuses he'd end up north of $11.3 million.

Hard pass.
[Reply]
Page 519 of 791
« First < 19419469509515516517518519 520521522523529569619 > Last »
Up