ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 791
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123523 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Chief Northman 03:16 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Not if he has to wait till June 1st...
There is not a huge amount of difference in dead money/cap savings with Houston as a pre or post June 1st cut. It is crazy skewed in Berry’s situation however.

I expect Houston to be released early into the new league year, while Berry will be a post June 1st designation, dependant on his medicals...
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:21 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
This draft is heavy on pass rushers and most teams are looking for 3-4olbs.
yeah, and we're looking for a DE. It's a little different, could play in our favor.

I still think Jaylon Ferguson would be a home run in the 2nd, which is entirely possible as he's not going to the combine.

Spags' 'four aces' or NASCAR package would be tight with Ford, Ferguson, Jones, and Speaks.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:22 PM 02-18-2019
If you’re cutting Houston, that’s money that we need right now, not after June 1. So I don’t see that as a viable option.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:23 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If you’re cutting Houston, that’s money that we need right now, not after June 1. So I don’t see that as a viable option.
I agree. and the difference isn't that much all things considered.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 03:42 PM 02-18-2019
Flowers NOT expected to get the Tag? Would you give Houstons money to him?

Trey Flowers DL, New England Patriots
ESPN's Mike Reiss does not expect the Patriots to use the franchise tag on free agent DE Trey Flowers.

Reiss also believes the Pats will pass on franchising LT Trent Brown, leaving K Stephen Gostkowski as the only candidate. Flowers was the Pats' only difference-making pass rusher in 2018, but they probably don't want to pay him the north of $17 million for one season the tag would demand. Flowers should fetch a pretty penny on the open market.
Source: ESPN.com
Feb 18, 2019, 1:08 PM
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:43 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Flowers NOT expected to get the Tag? Would you give Houstons money to him?

Trey Flowers DL, New England Patriots
ESPN's Mike Reiss does not expect the Patriots to use the franchise tag on free agent DE Trey Flowers.

Reiss also believes the Pats will pass on franchising LT Trent Brown, leaving K Stephen Gostkowski as the only candidate. Flowers was the Pats' only difference-making pass rusher in 2018, but they probably don't want to pay him the north of $17 million for one season the tag would demand. Flowers should fetch a pretty penny on the open market.
Source: ESPN.com
Feb 18, 2019, 1:08 PM
Hell, I'd cut Houston by 5pm today. Then I'd tag and trade Ford and I'd give Flowers Ford's money. Then I'd give Landon Collins Houston's money.
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:46 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Hell, I'd cut Houston by 5pm today. Then I'd tag and trade Ford and I'd give Flowers Ford's money. Then I'd give Landon Collins Houston's money.
I like that.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 04:04 PM 02-18-2019
I'd do that to, in a second.

Collins has played for Spags and Flowers for Daly. They would come in knowing the system already and both playing at a high level.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 04:10 PM 02-18-2019
My hangup is what you get in return for Ford. You need a high 2nd round pick + in my estimation. Collins will be tagged by the Giants, so you are trading for him with the intent of extending him. You pretty much need the draft capital you gain from Ford to acquire Collins. The Giants refused 2nd round offers for Collins last Fall, and it was rumored their ask was two 2’s.

Miami and Detroit will be hard after Flowers, so he will likely be overpriced. Brendan Daly will be best to offer his opinion on a Flowers acquisition. I’d be on board with a four year deal around $72 million, and maybe $30-34 million guaranteed. He’s young, fits the scheme, durable, and competent in both the pass rush and run defend.

That SLB spot is looking elusive for the Chiefs at the moment. Not a Barr nor KJ Wright fan given the likely price. Risky to rely on the draft given other needs (secondary).
Free agency will be interesting...
[Reply]
chiefforlife 04:14 PM 02-18-2019
Giants tag Collins and we tag Ford, then trade the two players. We still gain some cap savings as Safeties get Less than OLBs. Giants get a premium pass rusher. We get rid of Ford and acquire our stud safety.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 04:16 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Giants tag Collins and we tag Ford, then trade the two players. We still gain some cap savings as Safeties get Less than OLBs. Giants get a premium pass rusher. We get rid of Ford and acquire our stud safety.
Do the Giants have a need at Edge?
[Reply]
Buckweath 04:16 PM 02-18-2019
Why would you give that money to Flowers who is going to demand a big long-term contract?

Just give it to Ford for one year.

The Chiefs are very likely to give a big contract to a FA safety. They won't have anymore money for a big long-term contract for a FA.

They have to pay Chris Jones, Tyreek Hill, soon Mahomes.

There's no way Flowers is coming to KC.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:20 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Why would you give that money to Flowers who is going to demand a big long-term contract?

Just give it to Ford for one year.

The Chiefs are very likely to give a big contract to a FA safety. They won't have anymore money for a big long-term contract for a FA.

They have to pay Chris Jones, Tyreek Hill, soon Mahomes.

There's no way Flowers is coming to KC.
Because I think Flowers is a much better long term bet. Playing Ford on the tag just kicks it down the road one year. The only real benefit is that if he regresses or gets hurt you're not on the hook after 2019. I'd rather have a solution in place with a plus level player for the next 4 or 5 years.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 04:24 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Do the Giants have a need at Edge?
They were 31st in sacks last year...
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:26 PM 02-18-2019
It's probably not happening, but it's fun to think about and play with it.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 791
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123523 > Last »
Up