ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 105 of 152
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Later, Chiefsplanet
DaneMcCloud 12:01 PM 03-19-2011
The Mods around here have finally pissed me off to the point where I can no longer be a member at Chiefsplanet.

I'm happy to have met some nice people over the years who I call friends and will continue to call friends. You all know how to reach me.

To the rest, fuck off and die.

Later.
[Reply]
Chief Faithful 09:31 AM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by FAX:
I like Mr. frazod just fine and my kitchen appliances dread his presence, but I must admit that, whenever the whole "ChiefsPlanet used to be great and now it sucks ass" subject rears its myopic head, it always makes me feel kind of sad.

I mean, there are some good, newish posters here along with veteran posters. The newer people add value to this place in my view and it's a slap in the face to those posters to claim that the Planet used to be better. Maybe it was just ... I don't know ... different?

Of course, the moron element is in high relief around here these days ... as is the pussy element. However, I'm pretty sure there were morons back in the days of yore. Otherwise, where did 1 slice toasters come from?

FAX
The personality of CP has really changed over the years. The four horsemen were a little hard to take during the last few off seasons, but their influence seems to be reduced now that the Chiefs are moving in a positive direction. Personally, I kind of like the recent evolving personality of CP. There are a lot of new posters with a good sense of humor.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 09:36 AM 03-23-2011
I like Mr. frazod just fine and my kitchen appliances dread his presence, but I must admit that, whenever the whole "ChiefsPlanet used to be great and now it sucks ass" subject rears its myopic head, it always makes me feel kind of sad.

I mean, there are some good, newish posters here along with veteran posters. The newer people add value to this place in my view and it's a slap in the face to those posters to claim that the Planet used to be better. Maybe it was just ... I don't know ... different?

Of course, the moron element is in high relief around here these days ... as is the pussy element. However, I'm pretty sure there were morons back in the days of yore. Otherwise, where did 1 slice toasters come from?

FAX
This place peaked in April of '06.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:47 AM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by Chief Faithful:
The personality of CP has really changed over the years. The four horsemen were a little hard to take during the last few off seasons, but their influence seems to be reduced now that the Chiefs are moving in a positive direction. Personally, I kind of like the recent evolving personality of CP. There are a lot of new posters with a good sense of humor.
Like i said before, this place has been the same since I showed up in '05. And the current older members aren't much different than the newer members.

After all, they're the ones who set the precedent for everyone who joined after. Dane is a perfect example of that. If he can be a douche, and he is a senior member, wouldn't all the new members feel that they can be a douche too?

After all, all they would be doing is fitting in with the rest of us.

CP isn't about Noob members, it's about a Culture. A Culture that was developed long before I, and many of us arrived.

So the way i see it, if older members want to complain about CP's culture, they have no one else to blame but themselves.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:06 AM 03-23-2011

FAX
Obviously it is not my intention to disparage every person who joined after August of 2000 (although I certainly delight in disparaging anyone who is stupid enough to believe that). We've had plenty of good n00bs show up over the years. And it's also not like everybody we started with was completely awesome, either. The main thing I miss is the time when the majority of people I would interact with here were people I actually knew in real life. Back then most active posters either new each other personally or knew other members who knew them personally. It was a friendler place. We'd get together for games, parties, etc. That still happens, obviously, but it's a much smaller percentage. And many of the people I was really good real life friends with either no longer post here or post very infrequently (KCWolfman, raiderhader, ENDelt, jazzlover, rausch, LVNHack and MarkM are all good examples). Whether they got fed up, or grew up (we've had people here who started posting in high school who are now pushing 30), or just got busy and moved on, their absence diminishes the place. I realize this won't matter to some dildo from another country who'll never meet anybody, but to those of us who actually visit Kansas City every now and then, it's kind of a bummer.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:15 AM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by frazod:
Obviously it is not my intention to disparage every person who joined after August of 2000 (although I certainly delight in disparaging anyone who is stupid enough to believe that). We've had plenty of good n00bs show up over the years. And it's also not like everybody we started with was completely awesome, either. The main thing I miss is the time when the majority of people I would interact with here were people I actually knew in real life. Back then most active posters either new each other personally or knew other members who knew them personally. It was a friendler place. We'd get together for games, parties, etc. That still happens, obviously, but it's a much smaller percentage. And many of the people I was really good real life friends with either no longer post here or post very infrequently (KCWolfman, raiderhader, ENDelt, jazzlover, rausch, LVNHack and MarkM are all good examples). Whether they got fed up, or grew up (we've had people here who started posting in high school who are now pushing 30), or just got busy and moved on, their absence diminishes the place. I realize this won't matter to some dildo from another country who'll never meet anybody, but to those of us who actually visit Kansas City every now and then, it's kind of a bummer.
Maybe you just stopped making the effort to make friends. My understanding is that they have a real life get together in St. Joe pretty much every year. I've also heard that luv has tried to organize some face to face time both in KC and in Springfield and that Rain Man opened his home to some ChiefsPlanet people for the draft a year or two ago. Get out. Shake some hands. Throw back a shirley temple and hug it out with some of the noobs you have so much disdain for. Maybe you'll find that happy place again. :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:21 AM 03-23-2011
You'll always be welcome in my home Fraz.... Big Gay hug time!
[Reply]
DaFace 10:23 AM 03-23-2011
People come, people go. It's the way of things. I've met plenty of people - founding members and n00bs - at tailgates in the past few years. I've never met anyone on your list.

It sucks when people change, but I don't keep in as close of touch with my best friend for 20 years either. It's not because he suddenly decided he hated me. Our lives just went different directions. It happens.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:30 AM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Maybe you just stopped making the effort to make friends. My understanding is that they have a real life get together in St. Joe pretty much every year. I've also heard that luv has tried to organize some face to face time both in KC and in Springfield and that Rain Man opened his home to some ChiefsPlanet people for the draft a year or two ago. Get out. Shake some hands. Throw back a shirley temple and hug it out with some of the noobs you have so much disdain for. Maybe you'll find that happy place again. :-)
Good old patty, being his normal obtuse, douchy, leg-humping self. My point, you fucking moron, is that the people I'm talking about WON'T GO TO A GATHERING, EVER, whether it's held at Arrowhead, Joe's house or otherwise. I already know most of the people who attend those events. The others are the eternally anonymous, and obviously have every intention of remaining so. Do you really think some prick like R8ers or failass is going to show up at Joe's and hug it out with everybody he's offended over the years? Maybe Amelia Earhart will show up, too. :-)
[Reply]
patteeu 10:35 AM 03-23-2011
Good old patty, being his normal obtuse, douchy, leg-humping self. My point, you ****ing moron, is that the people I'm talking about WON'T GO TO A GATHERING, EVER, whether it's held at Arrowhead, Joe's house or otherwise. I already know most of the people who attend those events. The others are the eternally anonymous, and obviously have every intention of remaining so. Do you really think some prick like R8ers or failass is going to show up at Joe's and hug it out with everybody he's offended over the years? Maybe Amelia Earhart will show up, too. :-)
I can't imagine why you have a hard time making friends with the new guys.
[Reply]
chiefsnorth 10:40 AM 03-23-2011
This reads a lot like, "the radio station I listened to back in high school sucks now!"
[Reply]
chiefsnorth 10:41 AM 03-23-2011
One of those demotivational posters said, "the only common denominator in all your dysfunctional relationships is you" :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 10:47 AM 03-23-2011
I get along just fine with lots of them. There's really only a handful of people here, out of hundreds of active posters, that I don't like. I realize that since you're one of them, and as a matter of course you always overestimate your own personal sense of self-worth, you just assume I dislike everybody, but that's not the case. You also seem to enjoy making up your own version of the truth about things, but again, your lies and accusations don't mean a thing to me; just to those who are gullable/stupid enough to believe them.

As for people who don't like me yet require a few years to work up the nerve to mention it, well, there's not much I can do about that. Admittedly, I am getting a bit cranky in middle age, and was never exactly touchy/feely to begin with, so I'm bound to rub some folks the wrong way. I guess I'll just have to soldier on without them.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:53 AM 03-23-2011
Last comment from me, and then I'm done with this thread -

Dane seems like a great guy that would sit down and have a beer or three with you. Obviously R8ers found a weakness and exploited it, showing Dane really is human. Put me squarely in the group that feels this place is less without his posts. I wish him well if he truly is done with the place, but hope he comes back after he has a cooling off period.

I didn't ever see Dane as a douche. Tom is a douche extraordinaire, and the two don't compare. Yeah, Dane wouldn't shy from flaming away on someone, but it would seem as if he would be willing to reconcile with whomever he got into it with, where Tom would not.

Whatever. Hopefully I cross paths with the guy at some point in my life. Like I said, he'd be a guy I'd like to have a couple of beers with.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:55 AM 03-23-2011
I get along just fine with lots of them. There's really only a handful of people here, out of hundreds of active posters, that I don't like. I realize that since you're one of them, and as a matter of course you always overestimate your own personal sense of self-worth, you just assume I dislike everybody, but that's not the case. You also seem to enjoy making up your own version of the truth about things, but again, your lies and accusations don't mean a thing to me; just to those who are gullable/stupid enough to believe them.

As for people who don't like me yet require a few years to work up the nerve to mention it, well, there's not much I can do about that. Admittedly, I am getting a bit cranky in middle age, and was never exactly touchy/feely to begin with, so I'm bound to rub some folks the wrong way. I guess I'll just have to soldier on without them.
You don't like me? I thought we had a kind of brotherly rivalry thing going on.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:00 AM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Last comment from me, and then I'm done with this thread -

Dane seems like a great guy that would sit down and have a beer or three with you. Obviously R8ers found a weakness and exploited it, showing Dane really is human. Put me squarely in the group that feels this place is less without his posts. I wish him well if he truly is done with the place, but hope he comes back after he has a cooling off period.

I didn't ever see Dane as a douche. Tom is a douche extraordinaire, and the two don't compare. Yeah, Dane wouldn't shy from flaming away on someone, but it would seem as if he would be willing to reconcile with whomever he got into it with, where Tom would not.

Whatever. Hopefully I cross paths with the guy at some point in my life. Like I said, he'd be a guy I'd like to have a couple of beers with.
I agree with what you say about Dane, but I don't think you're being fair to Tom. He's gotten mad and flamed me a few times only to later be fine with me. He's definitely got an abrasive style once his identity has been outed, but he's not a nonstop douche unless (a) you're a nonstop douche to him, (b) you frequently badmouth religion, or (c) you're an argumentative, diehard liberal.
[Reply]
Page 105 of 152
« First < 55595101102103104105 106107108109115 > Last »
Up