ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2575 of 2694
« First < 1575207524752525256525712572257325742575 2576257725782579258526252675 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
O.city 10:46 AM 12-06-2023
He also just played a grind it out 2022 where he was locked in every game. Like, legitimately cooking.

He's been good this year, just not elite great all time best. Shit is hard.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:52 AM 12-06-2023
I don’t think there’s any issue with arm strength. That 4th and 22 bullet to Justin Watson at the end of the Eagles game would put any thought of that to rest.

His deep accuracy is just bad.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:55 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I’m not saying he’s not or isn’t a really good player…I’d rather have the game breaking WR. That’s just my opinion and how I view team building, esp. with someone like Mahomes.
We can't, won't, and shouldn't pay $30 mil per for a WR.
[Reply]
O.city 10:59 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
We can't, won't, and shouldn't pay $30 mil per for a WR.
If you get double digit TD's and 2k yards from said WR, well, yeah you should.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:04 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
You wanna underthrow deep balls.

When guys are wide open deep, you don't wanna over throw it. That's the worst thing you can do. Go back and listen to him talk about the MVS one vs the Eagles. He put a bit too much on it.
And he was being kind to MVS.

Any doubt about his arm strength should have disappeared with that 60 yard dime piece to MVS. That was the best deep ball he’s thrown in 2 seasons.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 11:15 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i can't believe anyone is questioning mahomes arm :-)

did he underthrow MVS on the last two deep shots? no to both, in fact those were two extremely well thrown balls

sit this one out
His arm has the power, but I don't think I'd say he has the most accurate deep ball. Maybe in 2018 when he was just slinging it every game. But more recently I've seen him miss on a few. And then of course, more recently a lot of those balls are dropped cause our WRs suck and can't come down with the damn thing.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:23 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
If you get double digit TD's and 2k yards from said WR, well, yeah you should.
They just won the Super Bowl last year without that WR. The only reason they aren't 10-2 is bc the WR's didn't catch the ball.

They don't need stars. They need competent WR's that will catch the ball. Your average WR does that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:25 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
His arm has the power, but I don't think I'd say he has the most accurate deep ball. Maybe in 2018 when he was just slinging it every game. But more recently I've seen him miss on a few. And then of course, more recently a lot of those balls are dropped cause our WRs suck and can't come down with the damn thing.
He has the same issue on deep balls that Favre always had - he throws them flatter than he needs to and creates little margin for error.

It's as close to a 'weakness' as he's ever had. For all his arm strength, his deep ball still needs some refinement. Just a little more loft. He has the cannon to do it but it comes out flat at times.

I don't think it's an arm strength question - he just hasn't ever had a spectacular deep ball. And that's not always an arm strength thing. Nobody thinks Goff has a stronger arm than Mahomes but Goff throws one of the better deep balls in the league.

It's as much technique as anything.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:29 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They just won the Super Bowl last year without that WR. The only reason they aren't 10-2 is bc the WR's didn't catch the ball.

They don't need stars. They need competent WR's that will catch the ball. Your average WR does that.
SB winning teams need stars. The problem this year is the 1 star they have in Kelce is getting the shit kicked out of him because there is no one else that Mahomes can rely on.

Based on Kelce's age they need to get another star weapon AND also do as you said. Add competent NFL caliber WR's that take the other snaps.

MVS and Skyy Moore and Justin Watson should not be getting this amount of work for a team that expects to win a championship.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:46 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He has the same issue on deep balls that Favre always had - he throws them flatter than he needs to and creates little margin for error.

It's as close to a 'weakness' as he's ever had. For all his arm strength, his deep ball still needs some refinement. Just a little more loft. He has the cannon to do it but it comes out flat at times.

I don't think it's an arm strength question - he just hasn't ever had a spectacular deep ball. And that's not always an arm strength thing. Nobody thinks Goff has a stronger arm than Mahomes but Goff throws one of the better deep balls in the league.

It's as much technique as anything.
The strange thing about it. He did throw the deep ball with more loft in college. Suddenly gets to the NFL and decides to throw fast ball line drives on the deep shots most of the time.

But this year the problem isn't really the deep ball. It's the intermediate throws. Too many bizarre, inaccurate throws into coverage like the INT against Green Bay or the INT's against the likes of Philly, Denver, Jets, etc. Bad decision making and really bad accuracy at times. He's usually more accurate than what we're seeing this year.
[Reply]
irafreak 12:00 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

True but....kelce is that star wideout. He will need to be replaced at some point. Give mahomes a safety net every season.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:14 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
SB winning teams need stars. The problem this year is the 1 star they have in Kelce is getting the shit kicked out of him because there is no one else that Mahomes can rely on.

Based on Kelce's age they need to get another star weapon AND also do as you said. Add competent NFL caliber WR's that take the other snaps.

MVS and Skyy Moore and Justin Watson should not be getting this amount of work for a team that expects to win a championship.
Bullshit.

Are you suggesting to me that Juju was a star? Because that’s the difference last year to this year.

Those Cheatriots teams save the one with Randy Moss and Stallworth had exactly 1 star. Brady. I wouldn’t even call Gronk a star because Belicheat had him blocking waaaay more than he should have because Gronk for a minute was unstoppable. But here. Have 30% of your snaps have a route.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:16 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
The strange thing about it. He did throw the deep ball with more loft in college. Suddenly gets to the NFL and decides to throw fast ball line drives on the deep shots most of the time.

But this year the problem isn't really the deep ball. It's the intermediate throws. Too many bizarre, inaccurate throws into coverage like the INT against Green Bay or the INT's against the likes of Philly, Denver, Jets, etc. Bad decision making and really bad accuracy at times. He's usually more accurate than what we're seeing this year.
Yeah. When we drafted him the videos I saw had lots of fucking deep moon balls. To the point I thought, “that shit isn’t working in the league”. Maybe he’s just sped up now. Or has better feet and is subconsciously compensating.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:25 PM 12-06-2023
From Gblowfishs top 10 things

Alex Smith’s last year as KC QB (2017): Had a .625 winning pct. Averaged 265 yards passing per game. Had 26 TDs and only 5 picks. His average pass went for eight yards, not great. Dink and dunk.

Mahomes in 2023 after 12 games: .667 winning pct. Averaged 261 yards passing per game. Has 22 TDs and 10 picks. Averaged seven yards per pass. Alex went 10-6 in that 2017 season, which is the trajectory Mahomes is on this season. He might go 11- 5, but if they keep playing like this, they’re sure to lose a couple more games.

I think the league has caught up to KC’s offense, and since Mahomes has not been a deep threat with no reliable deep receivers, they’re clamping down and making him take the check down stuff. Either Andy needs to make some serious offensive adjustments, or when they flame out early in this year’s playoffs, draft mostly offensive skill position guys next year.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:48 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Bullshit.

Are you suggesting to me that Juju was a star? Because that’s the difference last year to this year.

Those Cheatriots teams save the one with Randy Moss and Stallworth had exactly 1 star. Brady. I wouldn’t even call Gronk a star because Belicheat had him blocking waaaay more than he should have because Gronk for a minute was unstoppable. But here. Have 30% of your snaps have a route.
I am suggesting you stop using last year as the way to build a SB team.

The teams that normally win Superbowls have multiple weapons all over the field.

This is where football is now.
[Reply]
Page 2575 of 2694
« First < 1575207524752525256525712572257325742575 2576257725782579258526252675 > Last »
Up