ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Media Center>Spiderman is [no longer] out of the MCU
Mecca 02:43 PM 08-20-2019
https://deadline.com/2019/08/kevin-f...er-1202672545/

It was fun while it lasted, but Sony once again is stupid and has cancelled this deal. Might as well call it Sony hates money.
[Reply]
el borracho 08:36 PM 08-21-2019
In the good news, this separation means I will never have to endure another minute of Venom. What a crap movie that was. Now if we can somehow cut Deadpool out the MCU will be nearly perfect.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:15 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by el borracho:
In the good news, this separation means I will never have to endure another minute of Venom. What a crap movie that was. Now if we can somehow cut Deadpool out the MCU will be nearly perfect.
Everyone always says how bad Venom was but it made a billion dollars. I thought it was decent.
[Reply]
007 10:21 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Why would this kill Venom? If anything, it gives them the opportunity to get spiderman and venom on screen together.

Oh and your comment on Deadpool :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
el borracho 10:52 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Why would this kill Venom? If anything, it gives them the opportunity to get spiderman and venom on screen together.

Oh and your comment on Deadpool :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Won’t kill Venom- just keeps him in Sony movies and out of Marvel movies.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:58 AM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
What am I missing?

If Disney has half the risk, I’d take that to mean half the expense. If they have half the expense and get half of the revenue, the margin would be better than giving away 5% of the net.

Meaning that if it made money Sony would get less. If it lost money Sony would lose less. It wouldn’t take a profitable movie and make it unprofitable.

50% income - 50% expense = net

Vs

100% income - 100% expense = net -5%

So what am I missing?
Venom grossed $856 million with a budget of $100 million. Would you rather have 100% of that or 50%?
Spider-Man: FFH grossed $1.1 billion with a budget of $160 million. Would you rather have 100% of that or 50%?

Spider-Man is a 1000 ft tent pole and now it looks like Venom may be as well. Even if the other movies are money losers, Sony will still have a profitable franchise by far.
[Reply]
Sorry 05:59 PM 08-22-2019
I think this will be a bigger lose for Disney if the deal falls through.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 03:25 PM 08-23-2019
Curious what the numbers were on the Garfield Spiderman movies. I thought those were bad, although not as bad as McGuires Spiderman 3. That franchise is bulletproof if they made anything close to the last two. To me, adding Spidey to the MCU brought what was becoming a forgettable franchise back from the dead.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:08 PM 08-23-2019
Rumors that something could be announced at d23 regarding Spiderman.

Also Ms. Marvel, She Hulk and Moon Knight announced streaming series! On Disney+ So pumped. Ms. Marvel confirmed to show up in a future movie.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:30 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by CapsLockKey:
Curious what the numbers were on the Garfield Spiderman movies. I thought those were bad, although not as bad as McGuires Spiderman 3. That franchise is bulletproof if they made anything close to the last two. To me, adding Spidey to the MCU brought what was becoming a forgettable franchise back from the dead.

IMO,;the Spider-Man Franchise is dead in the water especially if they have to do a soft reboot/retcon.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:24 PM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
IMO,;the Spider-Man Franchise is dead in the water especially if they have to do a soft reboot/retcon.
They have time to repair this relationship... hopefully it happens.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:17 PM 08-24-2019
Lol come on. The franchise survived Spider-Man 3 and the two Amazing Spider-Man flicks.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:29 PM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Lol come on. The franchise survived Spider-Man 3 and the two Amazing Spider-Man flicks.
Sony struck out twice on their own until the help of Feige. If they are going to ignore the MCU canon then they are fucked because of oversaturation of the character with the inability to tell a compelling narrative.

I know, I'm going to save my money and not see the next installment if it's strictly Sony involvement
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:32 PM 08-24-2019
Sony struck out twice on their own until the help of Feige. If they are going to ignore the MCU canon then they are fucked because of oversaturation of the character with the inability to tell a compelling narrative.

I know, I'm going to save my money and not see the next installment if it's strictly Sony involvement
When did Feige step in?
[Reply]
Mulliganman 09:10 PM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Rumors that something could be announced at d23 regarding Spiderman.

Also Ms. Marvel, She Hulk and Moon Knight announced streaming series! On Disney+ So pumped. Ms. Marvel confirmed to show up in a future movie.
https://cosmicbook.news/spider-man-d...ovies-avengers
[Reply]
Jamie 09:25 PM 08-24-2019
In the comics Ms. Marvel is an Inhuman, but it would make a lot of sense to make her a mutant instead. Sidestep all the TV baggage of the Inhumans and let her be the introduction of mutants into the MCU.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up