ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Vic Fangio goes full retard
RealSNR 02:19 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
It's possible that Eric B is a bad interview.
Andy Reid has the best coaching tree reputation of any coach in the NFL. His guys get jobs. Period. I doubt Eric Bieniemy could be an established coaching product who doesn't nail his interviews. Listen to his press conferences. He's pretty clear about communicating his goals and his plans to NFL media and fans.

Plus, just look at this: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/02/chi...len-super-bowl
[Reply]
ping2000 12:59 PM 06-03-2020
So what's the endgame for the NFL? How many black coaches and black upper management members are required? Is there a target number?
[Reply]
RunKC 01:07 PM 06-03-2020
Bieniemy leads an offense to historical records and a Super Bowl. One of the best resumes an emerging OC can have.

Nope gotta hire this 37 year old QB coach who failed as OC before after 1 year and had to go back to college. But he gave Sean McVay handjobs in LA!

Great hire Bengals. Look where that got you
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:54 PM 06-03-2020
Why do people assume Bienemy wanted the jobs he interviewed for or that he didn’t decide he wanted another year of learning under Reid?
[Reply]
KCJake 05:40 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Why do people assume Bienemy wanted the jobs he interviewed for or that he didn’t decide he wanted another year of learning under Reid?
Just to add to this, why do people assume he didn't get hired because he's black? Any chance it could of been one of a million other reasons? Like they wanted a different head coach instead ? Gosh that would that would be strange .....
[Reply]
BWillie 05:49 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by KCJake:
Just to add to this, why do people assume he didn't get hired because he's black? Any chance it could of been one of a million other reasons? Like they wanted a different head coach instead ? Gosh that would that would be strange .....
I think the only knock against Bienemy is that he is just a product of the Andy Reid system and it wasn't his creation.

But that is also his best selling point, too. He knows the system and how to implement it. I think it depends on who's doing the hiring what they think about how that will translate to their team.

I'm not going to say there is no chance he hasn't been hired due to racism. The people that do the hiring are likely going to relate more to someone of their own race, and almost all of the billionaire owners are white guys. They just need to be aware of their potential bias going into things. Just like if I went and tried to get a job at a 90% black owned business, I would expect there would be some inherent bias towards me. How could there not be? We are not all the same. We relate to each other based on socioeconomic, cultural, and other social factors. Race really isn't even a big part of it IMO, it's those socioeconomic, cultural and other social factors that cause the bias. Such is life.

I will say at least with 95% of business, any bias or "racism" isn't done with intention of evil. It just happens. It's something we need to fix, though. Definitely.
[Reply]
KCJake 09:39 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:

I will say at least with 95% of business, any bias or "racism" isn't done with intention of evil. It just happens. It's something we need to fix, though. Definitely.
I see what you're saying. Maybe I need to be more opened minded towards it all. It's just, in this day and age, it's a win at all cost mentality. I can't see an NFL owner passing on candidate A who is black and could win him more games. Instead choosing candidate B who isn't gonna win as many games, but is white. Does that really happen? People believe that ??
[Reply]
Stinger 01:55 PM 06-03-2020
Whoops my bad - Vic Fangio

“After reflecting on my comments yesterday and listening to the players this morning, I realize what I said regarding racism and discrimination in the NFL was wrong."

A statement from Head Coach Vic Fangio: pic.twitter.com/5yNNDn9VzY

— Denver Broncos (@Broncos) June 3, 2020

[Reply]
BWillie 02:48 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Stinger:

So he had to be like, yeah I'm sorry, so the NFL is racist. I apologize for saying it wasn't. Good lord. He never said discrimination wasn't wrong.
[Reply]
notorious 05:55 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So he had to be like, yeah I'm sorry, so the NFL is racist. I apologize for saying it wasn't. Good lord. He never said discrimination wasn't wrong.
Yeah, the media is just piling on because they are scared to agree with him.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:15 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Yeah, the media is just piling on because they are scared to agree with him.
The "media" is EVERYWHERE.

It's on your phone.

It's on your iPad.

It's on Instagram and Tik Tok and Twitter and Snap Chat and just about EVERYWHERE you look.

Here's an idea: Don't say stupid shit. Then the "media" won't have anything bad to say about you.
[Reply]
MahiMike 02:44 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by Stinger:

Ok now I'm ticked at him. NEVER take back your words. Don't go full Brees.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:52 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Why not? If you talk to others and realize exactly how wrong you really were, why not say that you were, indeed, wrong? That is literally what people should do, not double down when confronted with conflicting information.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:21 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
What?

Dude, he's the head fucking coach. If he doesn't earn the respect of his players, he's going to fail. I mean, he's a shitty head coach, so he's going to fail anyway, but he's going to fail even quicker if he doesn't have the respect of the players.

How do you think that would go over? If Von Miller asks to his face, "Hey coach, did you actually mean what you said about racism in the NFL?" and he says, "Yes, I'm not backing down from my statement" do you think Von is just going to say, "Oh. Well, I disagree, but it's cool." No, he's probably not going to mutiny, but he's probably going to hate playing in Denver more than he already does. He's probably not going to be a positive locker room presence, and if he is, it will be in spite of his head coach. And that's just one player, too.

I don't care if Fangio is sincere in his apology or not. He HAD to issue it. If he let it fester, that would be one hell of a locker room distraction that just about no NFL coach would be able to overcome, let alone somebody as crappy as Fangio.
[Reply]
Shields68 03:33 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
What?

Dude, he's the head ****ing coach. If he doesn't earn the respect of his players, he's going to fail. I mean, he's a shitty head coach, so he's going to fail anyway, but he's going to fail even quicker if he doesn't have the respect of the players.

How do you think that would go over? If Von Miller asks to his face, "Hey coach, did you actually mean what you said about racism in the NFL?" and he says, "Yes, I'm not backing down from my statement" do you think Von is just going to say, "Oh. Well, I disagree, but it's cool." No, he's probably not going to mutiny, but he's probably going to hate playing in Denver more than he already does. He's probably not going to be a positive locker room presence, and if he is, it will be in spite of his head coach. And that's just one player, too.

I don't care if Fangio is sincere in his apology or not. He HAD to issue it. If he let it fester, that would be one hell of a locker room distraction that just about no NFL coach would be able to overcome, let alone somebody as crappy as Fangio.
He is the Broncos coach and ha Lock as the QB, I assumed failure was a given.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up