ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 16
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '24/'25 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 03:08 PM 03-23-2024
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
BWillie 03:21 PM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...due-us-nil-law

The inability of Furphy to make NIL money in the USA (see Edey situation above) is another thing that will push him to leave.
Ha. Ever heard of boosters? Just do it like the good ole days
[Reply]
BWillie 03:22 PM 04-05-2024
Labaron Philon looked very impressive in the Chipotle thing. Looks much further along than Bidunga although much different positions obv
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:54 PM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Labaron Philon looked very impressive in the Chipotle thing. Looks much further along than Bidunga although much different positions obv
Luckily we know he is developmental and so does he
[Reply]
BWillie 04:58 PM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Luckily we know he is developmental and so does he
He's the #32 ranked recruit in the nation and Bidunga is top 15. Not so sure about that.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 05:02 PM 04-05-2024
He's the #32 ranked recruit in the nation and Bidunga is top 15. Not so sure about that.
I was talking about bidunga
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:29 PM 04-05-2024
Ha. Ever heard of boosters? Just do it like the good ole days
Doing it legally makes it way easier (he's also guaranteed millions if he gets drafted in R1, which he likely will be).
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:01 AM 04-07-2024
I'm kind of getting annoyed at anyone comparing Bigunda to Embiid when one is 6-9 220 and the other is 7-0 280
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:14 PM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
I'm kind of getting annoyed at anyone comparing Bigunda to Embiid when one is 6-9 220 and the other is 7-0 280
One is also one of the greatest basketball players who ever lived, so that’s a pretty unfair expectation anyway.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 12:33 PM 04-07-2024
I made the comparison with their style of play which is fair. Even though Embiid is physically taller and weighs more, he didnt play like Doke, or even hunter really. He wasn't muscling guys out of the way to dominate down low. He was built on speed and athleticism, which is what Bidunga is.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:36 PM 04-07-2024
Well you also did it because it sure is more fun to compare him to Joel Embiid than Cheick Diallo which is probably a way better comparison.

Bidunga is never going to resemble Embiid in any kind of fashion.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:43 PM 04-07-2024
Well you also did it because it sure is more fun to compare him to Joel Embiid than Cheick Diallo which is probably a way better comparison.

I remember hearing how raw Embiid was coming into Kansas, but then we’d see silky smooth dream-shake type moves out of him.

I guess people are clinging to how raw Embiid was supposed to be and hoping that Bidunga is similarly ahead of schedule.

Embiid is a unicorn though. Few players in history can do the things he can.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:44 PM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
One is also one of the greatest basketball players who ever lived, so that’s a pretty unfair expectation anyway.
Yeah, Embiid is pretty good too though.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:50 PM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I remember hearing how raw Embiid was coming into Kansas, but then we’d see silky smooth dream-shake type moves out of him.

I guess people are clinging to how raw Embiid was supposed to be and hoping that Bidunga is similarly ahead of schedule.

Embiid is a unicorn though. Few players in history can do the things he can.
I went to an exhibition game that year (well many games, but this happened at an exhibition) against like Emporia State or someone, don't really remember.

Everyone was hyped for Wiggins, and this lanky tall kid nonchalantly does a ridiculous dunk in warmups, and for about 3 seconds the crowd was quiet, processing what they saw. It was crazy. It was between the legs, but it was almost like he tried it, it was easy, and he looked like he just took out the garbage.

At that moment I thought he was going to be TRob, and play 3 years and go league. That was soon to be wishful thinking.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:57 PM 04-07-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I went to an exhibition game that year (well many games, but this happened at an exhibition) against like Emporia State or someone, don't really remember.

Everyone was hyped for Wiggins, and this lanky tall kid nonchalantly does a ridiculous dunk in warmups, and for about 3 seconds the crowd was quiet, processing what they saw. It was crazy. It was between the legs, but it was almost like he tried it, it was easy, and he looked like he just took out the garbage.

At that moment I thought he was going to be TRob, and play 3 years and go league. That was soon to be wishful thinking.
With Embiid’s ascension and how that tournament opened up, really feels like we had a title taken away from us by his injury.

I have a vision in my head of no team even coming close to matching up with that guy as he becomes the obvious top pick in the draft.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 01:23 PM 04-07-2024

I said he has a huge range of outcomes. A guy who is raw but ends up being better than expected being taken as a top 10 pick is a possibility. He's projected as a lottery pick right now. Scouts clearly think he's more Embiid than Diallo too, I'm not just making stuff up. Obviously as we saw with Jackson this year and yea Diallo, guys don't always work out. I mentioned it's certainly possible he ends up being nothing more than a 5-10 minute role player. My position is that he has the potential to be more than just a bench role player, and I'll stand by that.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 16
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up