ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 38
« First < 232930313233 34353637 > Last »
Hall of Classics>**** The offical D.T. Goes to the hall of fame thread ****
big nasty kcnut 05:53 AM 08-08-2009
Congrat D.T. Somewhere i know my mom telling him how much a fan i am.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:21 PM 08-08-2009
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I am at the rendezvous place. I see no other chiefs fans. please advise. over and out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yell "everybody got a bust, but only Derrick Thomas RULES"!

That ought to do it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:22 PM 08-08-2009
I think I got more emotional now, watching the 1993 Chiefs special that was on NFL Network. It was glorious.
[Reply]
dtebbe 10:34 PM 08-08-2009
I wouldn't be surprised to hear that John Elway's bust was found back-down on the floor of the HOF tomorrow morning - Think "A Night at the Museum" :-)

Is there any doubt to anyone that Marty truly loved DT like a son?

DT
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:39 PM 08-08-2009
Originally Posted by dtebbe:
I wouldn't be surprised to hear that John Elway's bust was found back-down on the floor of the HOF tomorrow morning - Think "A Night at the Museum" :-)
I hear Jeff George was going to try and get a job at the Hall of Fame, as the night watchman, but then he heard Derrick Thomas was getting inducted.
[Reply]
JOhn 10:41 PM 08-08-2009
Originally Posted by dtebbe:

Is there any doubt to anyone that Marty truly loved DT like a son?

DT
I think you can say that for Marty & Carl. I know his voice cracked several times while he was speaking. It wouldn't have surprised me to see Gunther crying too. Was he there?
[Reply]
JohninGpt 10:42 PM 08-08-2009
Originally Posted by GoChiefs:
I hear Jeff George was going to try and get a job at the Hall of Fame, as the night watchman, but then he heard Derrick Thomas was getting inducted.
Whitlock will get George inducted dammit.
[Reply]
Crush 11:11 PM 08-08-2009
DT's 7 sack game is being replayed on NFL Network right now.
[Reply]
dtebbe 11:22 PM 08-08-2009
Originally Posted by JOhn:
I think you can say that for Marty & Carl. I know his voice cracked several times while he was speaking. It wouldn't have surprised me to see Gunther crying too. Was he there?
Carl did acknowledge Gunther and his wife and seemed to motion to a spot in the crowd, but there wasn't any video I saw of Goonther.

DT
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 11:54 PM 08-08-2009
Gunther was in front of marty. Towards the side.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:44 AM 08-09-2009
I think the Chiefs and Chiefs' fans owe a big kudos to Carl for a job well done today. What a great bunch of memories tonight. He did Derrick proud. The only person he might not have done well by was Bill Cower. Not sure Bill appreciated Carl's story of Bill wanting to put DT in pass coverage. :-) Call me nostalgic, but I've softened on Carl today. He did give us a helluva ride for most of the '90s. That said, I'm extremely pleased with the new regime and glad the franchise is moving forward in a new direction.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:46 AM 08-09-2009
I'm sure Bill can take a joke.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:48 AM 08-09-2009
Carl probably gets more hate then deserved yea the team in the 90s was good and yes in the 2000's he didn't do that good but who walks away from millions? If you want to blame Carl you might as well blame Lamar too. Anyway Chiefs fans were lucky to watch Derrick play. Next up Will Shields!
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:48 AM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by GoChiefs:
I'm sure Bill can take a joke.
Yeah, good point. Not sure he's out to prove anything considering his NFL resume.
[Reply]
Coach 12:59 AM 08-09-2009
While the journey may appear that it is ending, it isn't, just yet. There is one more thing left to do. That is to "officially" retire the jersey #58 at Arrowhead, never to be worn again.

Yes, Carl Peterson, Marty Schottenheimer, and several key guys were involved in making the Chiefs a solid football team in the 90's, but Derrick represented the resurrection of Chiefs football, his contribution to the Kansas City community, and his love to the game and people in general.

This includes us. We, Chief fans, need to return the favor. When that day occurs this year to show respect for a legend, I will be very disappointed if the stadium isn't full, regardless of how good or awful the team is doing. Derrick Thomas has done alot for the city of Kansas City, on and off of the field. IMHO, Derrick would love nothing more than to have a sold-out Arrowhead Stadium, like it used to be in the 90's, loud, rocking, deafening. It's not because the fans should do it because it's a "honorable" thing to do, but it's the "right" thing to do.

When that day occurs, the journey is finally complete, and an era will finally end.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:02 AM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by Coach:
While the journey may appear that it is ending, it isn't, just yet. There is one more thing left to do. That is to "officially" retire the jersey #58 at Arrowhead, never to be worn again.

Yes, Carl Peterson, Marty Schottenheimer, and several key guys were involved in making the Chiefs a solid football team in the 90's, but Derrick represented the resurrection of Chiefs football, his contribution to the Kansas City community, and his love to the game and people in general.

This includes us. We, Chief fans, need to return the favor. When that day occurs this year to show respect for a legend, I will be very disappointed if the stadium isn't full, regardless of how good or awful the team is doing. Derrick Thomas has done alot for the city of Kansas City, on and off of the field. IMHO, Derrick would love nothing more than to have a sold-out Arrowhead Stadium, like it used to be in the 90's, loud, rocking, deafening. It's not because the fans should do it because it's a "honorable" thing to do, but it's the "right" thing to do.

When that day occurs, the journey is finally complete, and an era will finally end.
Nicely said but the journey isn't over til the Chiefs make that Super Bowl Derrick deserved to play in.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 38
« First < 232930313233 34353637 > Last »
Up