ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mcdonalds Mcrib is back
Demonpenz 11:47 PM 12-23-2007
december 2007

McDonald’s is brining back the restaurant industry’s most-popular limited-time offer, the McRib.

For nearly a quarter century, the sandwich has developed such a faithful following that the cartoon comedy, “The Simpsons,” parodied the LTO and thousands of fans travel from state to state just to eat the sandwich at different stores.

According to a news release, the McRib sandwich has regrouped and is giving its fans one last encore presentation during the “McRib Farewell Tour II.”

Rising success could be seen all along atchison's roadway this past saturday though it's early to deem the new catchphrase for mcrib a success. "The Mcribb, It's not bad!" slogan first started hitting the airwaves this past thanksgiving.

Since Oct. 30, select McDonald’s have served the boneless pork rib patty topped with pickles, onions and tangy BBQ sauce on a special McRib bun.

“There was such a huge show of support for the McRib last year that we decided to bring it back,” said Jerome Elenez, marketing director, McDonald’s Greater Southwest Region. “We are excited to promote the ‘McRib Farewell Tour II’ and give our loyal McRib customers one last chance to enjoy the savory sandwich.”

After this limited-time offer, McRib will be retired from the McDonald’s menu forever. So they say, any way.

McDonald’s is telling McRib fans to sign a petition at MCRIB.COM to let the company know that the McRib should stay.
[Reply]
chinaski 08:03 PM 11-09-2018
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwhbtuO2xKg
[Reply]
3rd&Long 08:07 PM 11-09-2018
It's New Coke vs Classic Coke for those who remember that hype from the mid 80s. If McRib was a consistent hit, a top seller, it would always be on the menu. It is a niche offering that gets its run from being available for limited periods of time. Tell someone they can't have it for ever and ever, and they want it, got to have it, but only until the fad fades.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:39 PM 11-09-2018
All the dumb hippies who warn you about the dangers of eating the pink slime McRib probably grew up eating SPAM because it was cheap and plentiful during the baby boomer era.

Oh you mean there was a population boom among the human civilization and it WASN'T immediately followed by a famine or plague due to overuse? Could it be that preservatives and science and CHEEEEEMICALS actually fucking kept people from starving who would otherwise be shit out of luck in previous parts of human history?

It's fine to eat a McRib. It's fine to eat a McNugget. You're not going to fucking die.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:48 PM 11-09-2018
Yes SNR - That video shows that it's pork shoulder w/ some fat and some bonding agents - i'm not sure what else these millennial's want? FFS they drink Monster energy like it's bottled H20
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:55 PM 11-09-2018
Originally Posted by The Rick:
Had 2 for $5 for lunch today!
murica!
[Reply]
LiveSteam 09:25 PM 11-09-2018
Don't believe I've ever had one.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 11:08 PM 11-09-2018
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
You in the bay area?
LOL. Lucky guess. :-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:15 AM 11-10-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It's fine to eat a McRib. It's fine to eat a McNugget. You're not going to ****ing die.
actually, the reverse is true : you're gonna ****ing die anyway.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:01 AM 11-10-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Yes SNR - That video shows that it's pork shoulder w/ some fat and some bonding agents - i'm not sure what else these millennial's want? FFS they drink Monster energy like it's bottled H20
Don't forget : smoke cigarettes + bitch about GMOs and pollution.

Love that shit.
[Reply]
frozenchief 12:25 PM 11-10-2018
We don’t get McRibs. Just part of living here. But we get the “Denali Mac”, which is a Big Mac made with thr ¼ pound burgers and not the smaller burgers. Meh.

However, we are included in the triple stacks breakfast. Those rock. If you haven’t had one yet, they are worth it. Should be permanent menu item.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:34 PM 11-10-2018
Why hasn't McD's ever brought out a Breakfast Mac?

How can they be losing out on this no brainer marketing?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:57 PM 11-10-2018
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
We don’t get McRibs. Just part of living here. But we get the “Denali Mac”, which is a Big Mac made with thr ¼ pound burgers and not the smaller burgers. Meh.

However, we are included in the triple stacks breakfast. Those rock. If you haven’t had one yet, they are worth it. Should be permanent menu item.
I'd move. Life is too short to not be able to experience a McRib.
[Reply]
frozenchief 01:32 PM 11-10-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I'd move. Life is too short to not be able to experience a McRib.
I travel enough I can pick them up. I’ll get one this coming week.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:33 PM 11-10-2018
Damn it. I could have had a McRib for lunch and totally blew it!

I had a salad and it sucked. Wish I would have seen this thread about 30 minutes ago.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:44 PM 11-10-2018
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
I travel enough I can pick them up. I’ll get one this coming week.
Get two so you won't have to rush back.:-)
[Reply]
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Up