ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: If you saw the Last Jedi in theaters will you see the Rise of Skywalker in the theate
Yes 54 58.70%
No 38 41.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 15
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>If you saw The Last Jedi in the theater do you plan on seeing The Rise of Skywalker?
Frazod 10:11 PM 11-07-2019
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Sad, but not unexpected. I think it's just one of those things that is better left in the past (for me). Even re-watching the original trilogy diminishes the memory as my adult self notices the flaws that went past my younger self. Effing ewoks defeat the forces of the empire with rocks and ropes? Terrible.
Dude, I hated that in 1983.

ROTJ has the best parts of the original trilogy (Luke/Vader/Emperor) and the worst parts (silly ass teddy bears).
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:26 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Oh, man. I loved Star Wars as a kid and was super excited in the late 90s when they started working on new movies, but The Phantom Menace killed the whole thing for me and I never saw another one. Hard pass on this franchise unless they can somehow earn rave review from both fans and critics (not likely).
Watch The Mandalorian.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:43 PM 11-07-2019
We’ll see. I have kids and don’t have a ton of time.

But I’d like to. I’m not has hard on TLJ. Where it was trying to go worked for me. It wasn’t perfect but I didn’t hate it.

So I’m in the minority on this one.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 04:35 PM 11-08-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
We’ll see. I have kids and don’t have a ton of time.

But I’d like to. I’m not has hard on TLJ. Where it was trying to go worked for me. It wasn’t perfect but I didn’t hate it.

So I’m in the minority on this one.
This is kinda where I'm at, I didn't hate TLJ, but I didn't really like it all that much either. Honestly I left the theater thinking it was OK but the more I thought about it the more it killed my enthusiasm to a certain extent.

Even after TFA I went & bought the Blu-Ray the day it came out & watched it several times. TLJ I did eventually re-watch because it was free on Netflix, but it's the only Star Wars movie I didn't buy as soon as it came out & is the only one I don't own to this day.

I'm definitely going to go see it, but at this point (just over a month from release) the difference in my excitement level between this movie & TFA/TLJ is night & day. I was counting down the days to the release of the other 2 movies.

There has just always been a special brand of excitement whenever a new SW movie was coming out. It was different than any other movie I would want to watch, RoS feels like just any other movie I'm interested in. It lacks that special "Star Wars excitement" I've had with every other release. I can't exactly put my finger on why, I guess TLJ just really felt like it killed all the forward momentum/mysteries from TFA. It almost felt like it was an ending.

So in short I'll see it, but I can't help but notice I don't have near the anticipation for this one as I have for any other Star Wars movies.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:02 PM 11-07-2019
I like going to the movies so, yeah I’ll go.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:44 PM 11-07-2019
Nah. Not a chance.

The trailers for TLJ were great and the movie was.. not.

These trailers aren't even good. I don't see anything to be excited about, especially given the messy diarrhea dump the last movie took on everything that came before it.

And I'm a guy who thought it was basically IMPOSSIBLE to make a bad SW movie. I didn't HATE any of the previous films no matter how flawed they were, but I hated TLJ. I almost walked out, but I hate wasting money.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:58 PM 11-07-2019
I'm with Frazod. Only way I'm seeing IX in the theater is if fan reviews are outstanding. Whichever streaming service gets it is where I'll see it. Disney, wherever.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:04 PM 11-07-2019
DANE! So glad to see you back, at least here. I assume you are privately enjoying the Mahomes era.

You certainly didn't disappoint with your take. It's so involved I can't even discuss it intelligently, so I won't try.

Sounds like the next one will be bad as I feared. I also loved both Rogue One and Solo, and thought both were the best entries since the original trilogy. Rogue One had a great, dark story (that ending-holy shit), and I thought Solo captured the swashbuckling feel of the original Star Wars far more than any of the other movies. It really sucks that it took the bullet for the Last Jedi, and sucks even more that the Disney brain trust didn't figure that out, because I'd love to see another Solo movie. Oh well.

I have high hopes for The Mandalorian, although I plan to hold out until the run is complete so I can watch it all at once. I don't need another full time subscription in my life, and Disney doesn't offer much else that I care about.

Anyway, thanks for the info. Great to hear to from you!
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:11 PM 11-07-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
DANE! So glad to see you back, at least here. I assume you are privately enjoying the Mahomes era.

You certainly didn't disappoint with your take. It's so involved I can't even discuss it intelligently, so I won't try.

Sounds like the next one will be bad as I feared. I also loved both Rogue One and Solo, and thought both were the best entries since the original trilogy. Rogue One had a great, dark story (that ending-holy shit), and I thought Solo captured the swashbuckling feel of the original Star Wars far more than any of the other movies. It really sucks that it took the bullet for the Last Jedi, and sucks even more that the Disney brain trust didn't figure that out, because I'd love to see another Solo movie. Oh well.

I have high hopes for The Mandalorian, although I plan to hold out until the run is complete so I can watch it all at once. I don't need another full time subscription in my life, and Disney doesn't offer much else that I care about.

Anyway, thanks for the info. Great to hear to from you!
Solo wasn't as bad as the bombing showed, but god... why does he act more like Star Lord than Han Solo?
[Reply]
Frazod 11:19 PM 11-07-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Solo wasn't as bad as the bombing showed, but god... why does he act more like Star Lord than Han Solo?
I'd say a young Solo would be very much like Star Lord. The cynicism would build up over the years.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 12:01 AM 11-08-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'd say a young Solo would be very much like Star Lord. The cynicism would build up over the years.
I dunno. I never saw Han as the 'man child' type.

The movie was adequately entertaining. I just thought Han was goofy.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:23 AM 11-08-2019
The problem with Disney Star Wars is they left little imagination on the table for people to dream about what goes on in space meaning they just over saturated the stars at war. Otoh though Star Trek has been able to capture the what's out there"?" aspect of the show.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:36 AM 11-08-2019
I dunno. I never saw Han as the 'man child' type.

The movie was adequately entertaining. I just thought Han was goofy.
Really? I always saw Han as a grown up Man Child. Always running away. Of course that may be because of the books released in the 90's more than the OT.

Solo is a great flick, truly. I am slightly ashamed that I didn't go see it in the theater, but because of the horrible pile of crap that was TLJ, and the horrible previews for Solo, I waited it out and watched on video.

Solo and Rogue One are the only ones of the modern movies I've actually purchased.
[Reply]
banecat 04:53 PM 11-08-2019
They thought that was what people wanted
[Reply]
Sorry 11:55 PM 11-07-2019
Star Wars is on its death bed.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 15
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up