ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>1917
alanm 05:49 PM 01-08-2020
Any one looking forward to seeing this movie. I think it's going to be ****ing good!!. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 08:33 PM 01-09-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Seeing it at the AMC Dolby theater tomorrow. I am soooooooo freaking pumped.
Well? Review?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:28 PM 01-09-2020
Just got out of the theatre. This movie deserves the praise that it’s getting. The way that it was shot in one shot continuously through long sections was really really impressive.

The story was good, the acting was good and the music was good.

I might go see this one again I liked it that much.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:48 AM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Well? Review?
Starts at 7PM tonight. I'll report back after. I dont know if I have enjoyed a recent war movie since "Fury".
[Reply]
Frazod 08:50 AM 01-10-2020
Starts at 7PM tonight. I'll report back after. I dont know if I have enjoyed a recent war movie since "Fury".
Fury was great until it turned into a video game set on God mode at the end.

The last war movie I really liked (other than the documentary They Shall Not Grow Old) was Hacksaw Ridge.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:52 AM 01-10-2020
Not to derail the thread here, but you guys didn't like Midway? I get there was a lot of story to tell and only 2 hours to do it, but I thought they did a nice job there.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:54 AM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Not to derail the thread here, but you guys didn't like Midway? I get there was a lot of story to tell and only 2 hours to do it, but I thought they did a nice job there.
I thought it was great.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:00 AM 01-10-2020
Oh shit - how could I forget about Midway? Yeah, I liked that a lot.

I think my brain sort of compartmentalizes sea based war movies and land based war movies. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:02 AM 01-10-2020
Fair enough. There are a few structural problems in telling THAT story, but I don't think I can get behind someone hating that movie.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:12 AM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Fury was great until it turned into a video game set on God mode at the end.

The last war movie I really liked (other than the documentary They Shall Not Grow Old) was Hacksaw Ridge.
Agreed, the ending was sloppy and cartoonish compared to the somber and grounded first 2/3rds.

Edit: Have not seen Midway, but the ads made the movie look bad. I'll give it a look if it comes to one of my streaming services.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:18 AM 01-10-2020
Agreed, the ending was sloppy and cartoonish compared to the somber and grounded first 2/3rds.

Edit: Have not seen Midway, but the ads made the movie look bad. I'll give it a look if it comes to one of my streaming services.
I went into Midway with fairly low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. It also helped finding out later that several things portrayed in the movie that seemed unbelievable actually happened. It had a nice old fashioned war movie vibe to it and didn't throw in any silly ass subplots. CGI was mostly solid, despite some obvious video game aspects that in this day and age are sadly unavoidable.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:16 AM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I went into Midway with fairly low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. It also helped finding out later that several things portrayed in the movie that seemed unbelievable actually happened. It had a nice old fashioned war movie vibe to it and didn't throw in any silly ass subplots. CGI was mostly solid, despite some obvious video game aspects that in this day and age are sadly unavoidable.
It should also be noted that they touched on a few aspects of the political side of things. it's criminally brief but I think given the capacity for a full accounting of it to be a Dan Carlin-esque rabbit hole they did a good enough job.
[Reply]
Buck 04:26 PM 01-10-2020
Just saw this today. It was really good. Cinematography was amazing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:39 PM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It should also be noted that they touched on a few aspects of the political side of things. it's criminally brief but I think given the capacity for a full accounting of it to be a Dan Carlin-esque rabbit hole they did a good enough job.

[Reply]
sully1983 07:27 PM 01-10-2020
Mendes knocked it out of the park with this one. Just a great film from start to finish and left me drained (it was intense as hell!)

Definitely see it on the biggest screen you can.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:38 PM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Don’t get me wrong. I love Dan Carlin but he’s like 12 hours into the buildup of Japan and not done yet. They covered it in like 8 minutes or so.

For the sake of the movie, I think they did it right. You just have to roll with the “trust us. They’re psycho” and move on.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up