ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Media Center>Biggest Curve Ball Movies
Holladay 11:23 PM 12-30-2019
I am re-watching the Matrix. When it came out in 1999, there were some reviews that I didn't watch. I saw it a few years later, and because I had no clue, when I did watch it, it FLOORED me. Total surprise.

Similar to the 6th sense. Blew me away, again.

What other movies have done that?

Please no spoilers:-)
[Reply]
SnakeXJones 07:54 AM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by BigRock:
Oldboy. Watch the original, not the shit Spike Lee remake.
That remake was so bad
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:49 AM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by BigRock:
Oldboy. Watch the original, not the shit Spike Lee remake.
Super disturbing movie. The intro scene is pretty incredible too.
[Reply]
notorious 09:08 AM 01-10-2020
Twilight Zone Time Enough at Last

Story is about a guy who always gets interrupted when we wants to read his books. Well, the apocalypse happens while he's in the basement and he is the only man left alive. He nearly kills himself in sadness, but realizes nobody is around to interrupt him anymore. He runs to the library and gleefully organizes all the books he will read the upcoming years.

In his moment of bliss, he breaks his glasses and is left blind as a bat.

:-)
[Reply]
banecat 08:29 PM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:

Story is about a guy who always gets interrupted when we wants to read his books. Well, the apocalypse happens while he's in the basement and he is the only man left alive. He nearly kills himself in sadness, but realizes nobody is around to interrupt him anymore. He runs to the library and gleefully organizes all the books he will read the upcoming years.

This might be the best one
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:30 AM 01-11-2020
FULL METAL JACKET
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:40 AM 01-11-2020

You're referring to the original Twilight Zone series, I remember that episode, I think it was Burgess Meredith as the man with the broken glasses.

If you want see something disturbing, there is the 1983 movie Twilight Zone where actor Vic Morrow and 2 children were killed on the set when a helicopter crashed on top of them decapitating Vic. He was a favorite of mine since I was a big fan of the show 'Combat', in fact probably one of the reasons I enlisted in the Army.

The producer of the film John Landis, who had a good resume, he directed Animal House and The Blues Brothers, produced Twilight Zone was charged and went to trial. I believe he was found not guilty. They made a lot of mistakes during that stunt, one was the explosion was too powerful and blinded the pilot and effected the helicopter causing it to come down. At about 1:38 of the video is the best angle.

[Reply]
Rasputin 09:44 AM 01-11-2020
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

That killer rabbit scene though did not see that coming!
[Reply]
banecat 10:47 AM 01-11-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

That killer rabbit scene though did not see that coming!
I'm not sure that any of us did. And we'll never be the same
[Reply]
notorious 05:03 PM 01-11-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
You're referring to the original Twilight Zone series, I remember that episode, I think it was Burgess Meredith as the man with the broken glasses.

If you want see something disturbing, there is the 1983 movie Twilight Zone where actor Vic Morrow and 2 children were killed on the set when a helicopter crashed on top of them decapitating Vic. He was a favorite of mine since I was a big fan of the show 'Combat', in fact probably one of the reasons I enlisted in the Army.

The producer of the film John Landis, who had a good resume, he directed Animal House and The Blues Brothers, produced Twilight Zone was charged and went to trial. I believe he was found not guilty. They made a lot of mistakes during that stunt, one was the explosion was too powerful and blinded the pilot and effected the helicopter causing it to come down. At about 1:38 of the video is the best angle.

JFC
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:58 PM 01-11-2020

It's.. it's not fair!
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up