ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 38
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD
DaneMcCloud 09:46 PM 12-17-2019
Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker had its premiere last night at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood. Non-Spoiler reviews and Twitter mentions are trickling out and they're overwhelmingly positive.

I'll be seeing the film Thursday night, 6:30pm PST but I'm not sure if I'll have time to post because we're traveling for the holidays, leaving at 4am the next morning. If I can't post Thursday evening, I'll get to it at some point over the weekend, maybe after I've seen it a second time.

It's a Spoiler thread but let's try to keep the real spoilery stuff in the Spoiler Tags through the weekend, just so we don't ruin the movie for someone that accidentally clicks on the thread.

Let's hear it! :-)
[Reply]
Setsuna 09:48 PM 12-30-2019
I just want KK out of the picture entirely so we can get movies about the Old Republic.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:28 PM 12-30-2019
Saw it tonight. I liked it. It was fun. Abrams certainly knows how to keep a movie propelling forward.

I just didn’t understand a lot of it. How did Palpatine rise from the dead? He was just hanging out building a massive hidden fleet for years?

And where did he recruit a massive army of people to be loyal to him? why would you be loyal to this evil undead asshole again??
[Reply]
Sorry 01:48 AM 12-31-2019
I just don’t like the... well palpatine was behind everything! “Curtain drop”. Felt like a corny sat cartoon episode.

Jj made an interesting film and let’s not deny the visuals weren’t stunning
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:46 AM 12-31-2019
Best thing about this movie to me was the entire Finn, Poe and Rey relationship. Glad they put that front and center. They absolutely nailed the casting with these guys. I like them and enjoy spending time with them. Every scene they were all together was a lot of fun.

I even like Adam Drivers Kylo a lot too. Although, I’m not really sure why he decided to turn at that moment? I would guess Leia and Han had tried many times to get him to turn back?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:25 PM 12-31-2019
Just got back from it. It was ok... definitely felt like rehashed stuff. Also doesn't help that I don't care too much about the characters minus the og's. I'm over palp... definitely wish they didn't cater to fans and had a plan. Solid action but meh story.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:01 PM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Best thing about this movie to me was the entire Finn, Poe and Rey relationship. Glad they put that front and center. They absolutely nailed the casting with these guys. I like them and enjoy spending time with them. Every scene they were all together was a lot of fun.
Wow.

No. Just, no.

There was more chemistry with three kids who knew jack and shit about acting in the original Harry Potter.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:02 PM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by RustShack:
If clay didn’t see sex in the movie, it didn’t happen.
Outside of Anakin, we've never heard tale of ANY Sith OR Jedi having sex.

It was a stupid, hamfisted, lazy plot device.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:40 PM 12-31-2019

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:57 PM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
But maybe it wasn't ever possible to really do it right.
George Lucas sold Lucasfilm because he was tired of being told that he was "wrong" all the time about his movies and stories.

No A-List Director wanted anything to do with the Star Wars prequels or the Star Wars sequels.

There is no "right way" to do a Star Wars film, which is why the slate has been wiped clean and Lucasfilm is focusing on TV series, which cost far less than if they spend $500 million on shooting and marketing a film that the majority of the public doesn't like or doesn't respond to positively.

It's a No-Win situation.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:04 PM 12-31-2019
I just didn’t understand a lot of it. How did Palpatine rise from the dead? He was just hanging out building a massive hidden fleet for years?

And where did he recruit a massive army of people to be loyal to him? why would you be loyal to this evil undead asshole again??
Palpatine died on the Death Star and was resurrected by Sith followers on the hidden planet of Exogol, which was located in the Unknown Regions.

The Sith followers built the fleet, which was also hidden on Exogol.

Personally, I like the idea of his resurrection via Sith Black Magic and the Dark Side, which "Is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural", as opposed to him just transferring his spirit into multiple clones over the years.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:07 PM 12-31-2019
Although, I’m not really sure why he decided to turn at that moment? I would guess Leia and Han had tried many times to get him to turn back?
Because he realized that it was the resurrected Palpatine, not Snoke or his grandfather, Darth Vader, that made him turn to the Dark Side. It wasn't Vader speaking to him, it was Palpatine the entire time.

He also felt guilt about killing his father, Han Solo, which is what that scene represented.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:16 PM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
I just want KK out of the picture entirely so we can get movies about the Old Republic.
I would be very, very surprised if Lucasfilm, regardless of who's running the the company, creates a movie set in the Old Republic.

FWIW, Benioff & Weiss were initially asked to run a TV series but they were interested in doing a trilogy of films that were set 30,000 years ago or more, centered around the first awareness of The Force and its original users.

The last thing Lucasfilm needs at this point in time is another huge box office disappointment and there is absolutely no doubt that a film set in the Old Republic would receive a massive backlash if it changed anything from the KOTOR games.

That's not an interesting project to any B-Listers, let alone, A-Listers.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:53 PM 12-31-2019
Disney+ seems like a good platform for a course correction (I typed 'force correction' lol).

I'm just not sure what they can do now, film wise. Hell, what if they'd waited 5 years and done Solo as a limited series. Maybe it's a monumental success for Disney+ instead of a borderline flop in theaters. Like they're doing with Obi-wan.

But now that they've exhausted the nostalgia boost from the original trilogy in the sequels, they're going to have to find a new well to draw from. But I'm not sure what they can do that would have a wide appeal. Everything we've talked about here, like the Old Republic era, is niche, not broad appeal. The trick is how to get the other 85% of the public who doesn't give a shit about video games or expanded universe/legends novels into theaters.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:45 PM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Palpatine died on the Death Star and was resurrected by Sith followers on the hidden planet of Exogol, which was located in the Unknown Regions.

The Sith followers built the fleet, which was also hidden on Exogol.

Personally, I like the idea of his resurrection via Sith Black Magic and the Dark Side, which "Is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural", as opposed to him just transferring his spirit into multiple clones over the years.
Just wish they would have explained that a little better. I liked the film overall.

Have you heard anything about this? The speculation out there is that they changed the ending. Kylo was originally going to live and it was him who was the ‘Rise is Skywalker’. Not Rey. If that’s true, glad they changed it. I like this ending Better.

The shot of Daisy “standing in front of the twin suns” is very clearly taken from the footage of her standing on Passana, waiting for the Tie Fighter. pic.twitter.com/NWtBQUz3Jc

— benjamin chewbacca organa skywalker solo (@im_organa) December 30, 2019

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:24 PM 12-31-2019
Boyega out there riling the SJWs up!!

:-) :-)

sez Finn was patient with his crush on Rey, and now that Kylo's dead he gets to lay some pipe.

Heads assploded errywhurr. . . .
[Reply]
Page 18 of 38
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up