Last episode of the season tonight. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:33 AM 12-15-2015
People are dead, Peggy . . .

[Reply]
frankotank 10:56 AM 12-15-2015
well sheeeeit.
I am disappoint.
that was just soooo......anticlimactic. the season was just fabulous....the ending was....well it was crappy. I am totally shocked.

lame explanation for the weirdness in Dansons office. it SEEMED like we were supposed to buy that crap? seemed like Lou and Betsy did. I don't.

I thought it was VERY interesting that the lights would flicker when Hanzee was around. to the point I was wondering if....well.....there was a UFO and then Hanzee seemingly has some light flickering power....:-)....not sure WHAT I was thinking...but I was thinking SOMETHING!

and then...nothing. we got nothing.

nothing.

what a gyp
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:36 AM 12-15-2015
Originally Posted by frankotank:
well sheeeeit.
I am disappoint.
that was just soooo......anticlimactic. the season was just fabulous....the ending was....well it was crappy. I am totally shocked.

lame explanation for the weirdness in Dansons office. it SEEMED like we were supposed to buy that crap? seemed like Lou and Betsy did. I don't.

I thought it was VERY interesting that the lights would flicker when Hanzee was around. to the point I was wondering if....well.....there was a UFO and then Hanzee seemingly has some light flickering power....:-)....not sure WHAT I was thinking...but I was thinking SOMETHING!

nothing.

what a gyp
Hanzee WASN'T around. He hightailed after Lou popped a shot at him on the street. Hanzee only showed up in '1979 time' in Peg's imagination and Betsy's dream, until he got his new identity somewhere and sometime later at the ball field.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:51 AM 12-15-2015
Eh, almost every episode before the finale wqs better. Over all was a good season. People rarely like season finales in high quality TV, though, because the show already has high expectations
[Reply]
frankotank 11:56 AM 12-15-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Hanzee WASN'T around. He hightailed after Lou popped a shot at him on the street. Hanzee only showed up in '1979 time' in Peg's imagination and Betsy's dream, until he got his new identity somewhere and sometime later at the ball field.
understood. I was still fixated on the light flickering and trying to associate with the stupid UFO which has not bidness in this story anyways.

so disappointed.

now we wait an eon for season 3......
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:47 PM 12-15-2015
well sheeeeit.
I am disappoint.

nothing.

what a gyp
What did you WANT to happen? Nothing crazy happened, but everyone's story was tied up pretty well. AND Ted Danson lived, which made me happy.
[Reply]
KC native 04:52 PM 12-15-2015
I love parades.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 06:48 PM 12-15-2015
This is great

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...-from-season-1

We saw hanzee with his new face in S1. Crazy
[Reply]
Gadzooks 12:32 AM 12-16-2015
Shitty finale. You betcha it's still my favorite TV show.

Season 3 should be pretty good, ya?
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:47 AM 12-16-2015
Shit, now I gotta go back and watch S1
[Reply]
frankotank 09:34 AM 12-16-2015
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
What did you WANT to happen? Nothing crazy happened, but everyone's story was tied up pretty well. AND Ted Danson lived, which made me happy.
I don't know...maybe see that the daughter was alive....get a decent thought provoking explanation of the office....see Mike decapitate Alan Alda....err....Adam Arkin....maybe see Hanzee walk into town in the time from season 1 when the daughter is the sherriff.
but what DID happen.....NOTHING! NOTHING HAPPENED!

let's see....hmm....the Solversons had a beer & dinner & a coffee together....oh AND we get the lamest explanation of the office weirdness ever!
Hanzee got a new ID and apparently slit those bullys throats.
the butcher died and psycho girl goes to jail (I thought she'd drive off in his patrol car while he was on the phone but no....nothing happened)

I guess that's about it. it's like episode 9 was actually the finale and episode 10 was a wrap up. a wrap up which could have been done in 10 minutes at the end of episode 9.

I love Breaking Bad and Dexter. two of the greatest shows...IMO. I hated how both of these ended and I'd even go as far as saying I think I coulda done better. :-)

Fargo is my favorite show right now. I love it. season two episode 10 was a turd. like Seinfeld....an episode about nothing.
[Reply]
frankotank 09:44 AM 12-16-2015
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
This is great

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...-from-season-1

We saw hanzee with his new face in S1. Crazy
that IS interesting. to bad he looks so...uncool. :-)

another thing about Hanzee that's interesting is that he wants to get revenge on kansas city. why? Hanzee himself killed Dodd and Dodd's mom. Hanzee himself wanted them all dead. as did kansas city.....so.....what is it he wants revenge for??? hell at the end he and KC seemed to be on the same team!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:20 AM 12-16-2015
I don't know...maybe see that the daughter was alive....get a decent thought provoking explanation of the office....see Mike decapitate Alan Alda....err....Adam Arkin....maybe see Hanzee walk into town in the time from season 1 when the daughter is the sherriff.
but what DID happen.....NOTHING! NOTHING HAPPENED!

let's see....hmm....the Solversons had a beer & dinner & a coffee together....oh AND we get the lamest explanation of the office weirdness ever!
Hanzee got a new ID and apparently slit those bullys throats.
the butcher died and psycho girl goes to jail (I thought she'd drive off in his patrol car while he was on the phone but no....nothing happened)

I guess that's about it. it's like episode 9 was actually the finale and episode 10 was a wrap up. a wrap up which could have been done in 10 minutes at the end of episode 9.

I love Breaking Bad and Dexter. two of the greatest shows...IMO. I hated how both of these ended and I'd even go as far as saying I think I coulda done better. :-)

Fargo is my favorite show right now. I love it. season two episode 10 was a turd. like Seinfeld....an episode about nothing.
I'd differentiate endings you dislike because they're lazy, and endings you don't like because you disliked their purposeful design.

The title of the episode is palindrome, which is to indicate that they envisioned the season as a ramping up from mundane ordered life, to inexplicable chaos and violence [mob and medical], back to mundane ordered, if slightly altered, life.

EDIT: In the ultimate palindrome, I'd wager that the typewriter Milligan sat down in front of in his new position at the Kansas City office is one of the typewriters the dealer was trying to procure at the outset that set this whole thing off [sending Rye to kill the judge who is holding up the funds].

It also echoed the coda of the pleasures of simple home life that was the ending to the original movie [with Marge congratulating her husband on his duck drawing being chosen for the hunting stamps].

Not thematic, but I also really enjoyed the dream intro and it's echo of Raising Arizona, and how incorporated scenes with the characters we got to know in Season 1.

from Jason Teets on Vimeo.

And don't even get me started on Seinfeld finale. Those who hated it, never understood the show, and it blows my mind that so many deride it.

The entire show was about the quartet escaping comeuppance for their insularity and narcissism due to the nature of episodic television [ie, they did loathsome things, but never caught hell for it because they shrugged everything off at the end of the 1/2 hour], and the finale was every single despicable thing they ever did coming back to haunt them at once.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 30
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up