ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Testosterone. Discuss.
eDave 05:08 PM 10-14-2020
Is it an issue? How to counter?
[Reply]
eDave 08:41 PM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I dunno maybe Dane can chip in to help us out on this one.
I would like for Dane to continue funneling it to his wife, children, and music.
[Reply]
Fish 08:43 PM 10-14-2020
Just keep in mind that TRT therapy is based on very shady evidence all around. Testing isn't as accurate as they make it out to be by any means. If you're going to the "LowT Center", how much do you trust them to tell you that you have a high T count anyway? Second, you can't just give someone a hormone and expect it to work like you would an aspirin. You can't simply shoot hormones into the body and get a regulated response for a wide range of people. It doesn't work like that. Biology is pretty clear on this. Third, there's well known risks to the process. It's been shown to increase risk of heart attack and stroke.

Revisiting the role of testosterone: Are we missing something?

Testosterone Replacement Leaving Men Heartbroken

Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) can increase men's risk of stroke and heart attack

Conclusion from one of the largest randomized controlled clinical trial metasudies:
Originally Posted by :
The effects of testosterone replacement therapy on the prostate: a clinical perspective
With the increased use of TRT for the treatment of AD, it is essential that the clinician be well versed in its potential oncological implications. At present, there is no definitive evidence that administration of exogenous testosterone will increase the incidence of PCa. The absence of a large randomized clinical trial to address this topic is starkly obvious; such a study is vital before we can confidently counsel men who express interest in or harbor a clinical need for TRT. At best, we can provide these men only sub–level 1 evidence of TRT in relation to PCa, highlighting the ambiguity and dearth of high-quality studies. In our clinical practice, when prescribing TRT, we make it paramount that patients be made aware that, although there may be a significant improvement in the signs and symptoms of LOH, the unlikely risk of developing a significant de novo or recurrence of their treated PCa as a direct result of pharmacological intervention is currently based on less-than-optimal data. When we are faced with those men with untreated PCa or on AS, we avoid TRT at present. However, we eagerly await further evidence that would suggest otherwise.
That final conclusion should give you pause. Unless you have a diagnosed androgen deficiency, it's not recommended and could be dangerous. That's basically the best science available regarding the topic.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:48 PM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
On the plus side I bought a bench, rack and a bunch of weights and have become completely addicted. I'm pretty much off test but still have about as much muscle mass as I've ever had. My legs have been in great shape from hard mountain hikes every other weekend for a couple years - and now my upper body is getting big. That's not going to cause water retention is it?

I definitely need to watch my sodium intake.

My BP is about 140/100 when at rest btw.
So you were on TRT but stopped because of high BP?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:49 PM 10-14-2020
High intensity interval training is another natural way to boost testosterone.

Plus, sprinting is fun.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:56 PM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Yeah cyprionate is what I did first - through a prescription so it wasn't stepped-on. I didn't like the spikes. Seems like I'd need to do it twice a week. But you probably get used to it after a while.
It takes a while to adjust to the spikes. Took me a couple of months. I take an injection once every two weeks. A guy I know got his doctor to let him do it once a week but my doc says that the body needs to cycle.

Also gels\creams suck. I did the gel you rub on your shoulder for 6 months and nothing improved. When I did my labs my doc asked if I was skipping injections and when I told him I was on the gel he told me to get on the needle. Said he thought I was on that from the start.

I was similar to someone else here that was having trouble losing weight even though I was working out a lot and eating healthy. I do have high cholesterol so that doesn't help but a friend suggested I get my T level tested. When I did I was dangerously low. Everything else was "working fine" just wasn't losing weight. So I would say when you hit your 40's you need to have that shit tested.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:40 PM 10-14-2020
Testosterone low? Quadruple it by staring at this picture for two minutes:

[Reply]
suzzer99 10:05 PM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
So you were on TRT but stopped because of high BP?
I was sort of rolling my own TRT with sustenon. :-) Mainly to try to lose weight. I have lost about 30 lbs. in the last 9 months or so.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 11:02 PM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
High intensity interval training is another natural way to boost testosterone.

Plus, sprinting is fun.
Freedom)))))))
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:01 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Just keep in mind that TRT therapy is based on very shady evidence all around. Testing isn't as accurate as they make it out to be by any means. If you're going to the "LowT Center", how much do you trust them to tell you that you have a high T count anyway? Second, you can't just give someone a hormone and expect it to work like you would an aspirin. You can't simply shoot hormones into the body and get a regulated response for a wide range of people. It doesn't work like that. Biology is pretty clear on this. Third, there's well known risks to the process. It's been shown to increase risk of heart attack and stroke.

Revisiting the role of testosterone: Are we missing something?

Testosterone Replacement Leaving Men Heartbroken

Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) can increase men's risk of stroke and heart attack

Conclusion from one of the largest randomized controlled clinical trial metasudies:

That final conclusion should give you pause. Unless you have a diagnosed androgen deficiency, it's not recommended and could be dangerous. That's basically the best science available regarding the topic.
Dont listen to this nonsense. I've got a guy at the gym that can get you good medical grade stuff. 60$ for a months worth.
[Reply]
penguinz 06:24 AM 10-15-2020
I inject a cyp/prop blend twice a week. Feel great. Don’t listen to fish or hammock. Neither know what they are talking about.

If you are in KC area pm me. I can recommend a doc that specializes in male hormone therapy.
[Reply]
loochy 06:51 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Dont listen to this nonsense. I've got a guy at the gym that can get you good medical grade stuff. 60$ for a months worth.
Well legit pharma from Walgreens is cheaper than that, so why go black market?
[Reply]
penguinz 06:53 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Well legit pharma from Walgreens is cheaper than that, so why go black market?
Exactly. I pay $110 every three months.
[Reply]
loochy 06:55 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Yeah, no shit sherlock. That's why you go get tested first.

Also know that it's not done for longetivity, it's done for quality of life.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 07:47 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
It takes a while to adjust to the spikes. Took me a couple of months. I take an injection once every two weeks. A guy I know got his doctor to let him do it once a week but my doc says that the body needs to cycle.

Also gels\creams suck. I did the gel you rub on your shoulder for 6 months and nothing improved. When I did my labs my doc asked if I was skipping injections and when I told him I was on the gel he told me to get on the needle. Said he thought I was on that from the start.

I was similar to someone else here that was having trouble losing weight even though I was working out a lot and eating healthy. I do have high cholesterol so that doesn't help but a friend suggested I get my T level tested. When I did I was dangerously low. Everything else was "working fine" just wasn't losing weight. So I would say when you hit your 40's you need to have that shit tested.
I would find a new doc if they are RX'ing you a shot every two weeks. I have been 'on' anabolics for about 15 years now, the last 5 monitored by my urologist. You need to be injecting test enthanate or cypionate twice a week, preferably every 3 or 4 days. This will keep levels stable enough that you should not feel any crashes. If its a 200mg shot every two weeks, I would ask them if you can do 50mg every 3rd day instead.

Originally Posted by penguinz:
I inject a cyp/prop blend twice a week. Feel great. Don’t listen to fish or hammock. Neither know what they are talking about.

If you are in KC area pm me. I can recommend a doc that specializes in male hormone therapy.
I miss prop. Are you able to get pharm grade prop from your doc? My uro only RX's cyp so I have to go elsewhere for the other stuff I want.
[Reply]
penguinz 07:52 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
I would find a new doc if they are RX'ing you a shot every two weeks. I have been 'on' anabolics for about 15 years now, the last 5 monitored by my urologist. You need to be injecting test enthanate or cypionate twice a week, preferably every 3 or 4 days. This will keep levels stable enough that you should not feel any crashes. If its a 200mg shot every two weeks, I would ask them if you can do 50mg every 3rd day instead.
Exactly. It is the spikes and valleys in levels that cause most of your issues with mood swings and energy levels. Is started with once a week and when it came to time for injection my levels were dropping to lower than before starting TRT. Switched to twice weekly and levels are consistent and feel much better.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up