ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Media Center>Christopher Nolan's 'Tenet'
Sure-Oz 10:35 AM 05-22-2019
@LightsCameraPod: Christopher Nolan's next project is a spy-related movie titled 'Tenet'.

It will star John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Michael Caine, Kenneth Branagh, Dimple Kapadia, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Clémence Poésy.

The movie releases on July 17, 2020. https://twitter.com/LightsCameraPod/...014658/photo/1

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/c...gh-1203223474/

Casts Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Kenneth Branagh

By*JUSTIN KROLL

Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Kenneth Branagh will appear in*Christopher Nolan’s upcoming film, “Tenet.”
Clémence Poésy, Dimple Kapadia, Michael Caine are also joining the cast that includes John David Washington, Elizabeth Debicki, and Robert Pattinson.
“Tenet,” which is being filmed on location across seven countries, is an action epic evolving from the world of international espionage.
Nolan is directing from his own original screenplay and will use a mix of Imax and 70mm film to bring the story to the big screen.
Nolan and his wife, Emma Thomas are producing the movie, while Thomas Hayslip is serving as executive producer.

Nolan’s behind-the-scenes creative team includes director of photography Hoyte van Hoytema, production designer Nathan Crowley, editor Jennifer Lame, costume designer Jeffrey Kurland, and visual effects supervisor Andrew Jackson. The score is being composed by Ludwig Göransson.

Warner Bros. Pictures is distributing “Tenet” worldwide. It is scheduled to hit theaters on July 17, 2020.
“Tenet” is Nolan’s follow-up to the Oscar-nominated war drama “Dunkirk.” That film became a huge box office hit, collecting $526 million in ticket sales across the globe. It also earned Nolan his first directing Oscar. Nolan’s acclaimed arsenal of work also includes “The Dark Knight” trilogy, “Inception,” and “Interstellar.”
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:42 PM 01-22-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So he’s pissed about HBOMax?

He did get his way with Tenet.
Nolan believes in the "Cinematic Experience" and does not like the new Warner's model of releasing directly to HBO Max and to theaters simultaneously.

He won't have any problem setting up shop with a different studio.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:25 PM 02-06-2021
I am watching tenet. I am big fan of Nolan's work. This movie is decent but the music over important dialogue is really distracting, and annoying.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:28 PM 02-06-2021
I loved Inception and the Batman movies. Hell, I'm even a fan of Interstellar. Many didn't care for it but I thought it was brilliant.
[Reply]
JD10367 04:53 PM 02-07-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I loved Inception and the Batman movies. Hell, I'm even a fan of Interstellar. Many didn't care for it but I thought it was brilliant.
Nolan's best feature is that he doesn't make films to make fans happy, he makes the film HE wants to see.

Nolan's worst feature is that he doesn't make films to make fans happy, he makes the film HE wants to see.
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:25 AM 04-08-2021
I finally revisited Tenet... and I'm glad I did! Once I understood what was going on and had that "ahha! lightbulb" moment, the movie really pulled me in.

Nolan's dialogue still annoys me at times... especially on parts where people are speaking through oxygen masks. Yes, I love realism and the attention to detail, but with really loud sound effects, it's hard as hell to hear some of the dialogue you "think" you need to hear.

In the end, some missed dialogue isn't a killer... and I am sure I will go back and watch this movie again just to pick up on some things I missed. (Much like Inception which is one of my fav movies of all time)

So... in conclusion: another bravo to Nolan for putting a smile on my face and forcing me to think about the movie AFTER it's over.
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:30 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
After thinking about this film for a few days, the main thing that sticks with me, outside of the amazing visuals and because JDW is always awesome, is the performance of Robert Pattinson.

I'd never seen him in any movie, ever. All I really knew of the guy was tabloid nonsense and dopey werewolf films that spawned that beast by the name of Kristen Stewart. I didn't think he could "act" because all anyone talked about were his looks and the tabloid shit. And he never really got any substantial and meaty roles, so I had no idea what to expect.

Well motherfuck me, he was fucking outstanding! That dude should be the next Bond, not Tom Hardy. He had that quiet confidence that makes "attractive" men on film, like a Sean Connery, cool as fuck. He's also got the height and physicality for the role.

If Hayden Christensen had been half as cool, the Prequels would have been the greatest movies ever to me.
While the Twilight movies were a total grab at a certain audience (in my case: wife & teenage girls) the acting/role by Pattinson in those movies wasn't bad at all, and actually make those movies tolerable when being forced to watch them with your family.

The scenario somewhat reminds me of Leonardo Dicaprio after his role in Titanic. He was the national heartthrob to the point of annoyance... but as time went by, he came into his own with new roles.
[Reply]
Shoes 11:30 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
After thinking about this film for a few days, the main thing that sticks with me, outside of the amazing visuals and because JDW is always awesome, is the performance of Robert Pattinson.

I'd never seen him in any movie, ever. All I really knew of the guy was tabloid nonsense and dopey werewolf films that spawned that beast by the name of Kristen Stewart. I didn't think he could "act" because all anyone talked about were his looks and the tabloid shit. And he never really got any substantial and meaty roles, so I had no idea what to expect.

Well mother**** me, he was ****ing outstanding! That dude should be the next Bond, not Tom Hardy. He had that quiet confidence that makes "attractive" men on film, like a Sean Connery, cool as ****. He's also got the height and physicality for the role.

If Hayden Christensen had been half as cool, the Prequels would have been the greatest movies ever to me.
Robert Pattinson in Good Time is worth a watch, also enjoyed his performance in The King as the Dauphin of France.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:32 AM 04-08-2021
Nothing against the son of Denzel but he and Pattison should have switched roles.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:06 PM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Nothing against the son of Denzel but he and Pattison should have switched roles.

Wow I had no idea he was Denzel’s son. I first saw him in Ballers and just sort of assumed this was an upstart actor getting a big break. Seems weird that I hadn’t seen him around longer given who his dad is. I guess maybe I just missed him in earlier stuff.
[Reply]
Passepartout 09:19 PM 04-08-2021
Yeah as really John David proves in his acting he is not riding on his father's coattails. But really coming over into his own. Used to be a former briefly NFL player.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Up