ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Washington DC and The Holy Land>A Reformed White Nationalist Says the Worst Is Yet to Come
jerryaldini 02:56 PM 08-07-2019
Chris Picciolini is a former white supremacist who is now a well known (Ted talks, podcasts) advocate for reaching out to deconvert supremacist, and has been very successful through personal interventions and his global organization, Free Radicals Project. He believes the violence will grow globally. What once would have been garden variety racists are being radicalized due to mainstreaming the of the ideologies via the internet and nationalist political movements.

What's changed?
Thirty years ago, when I was in the movement, we were turning off the average American white racists who didn’t want to be so open and visible about those beliefs. So there was this effort to make it more mainstream, to grow the hair out, turn in the “boots for suits.” I never thought we would have a social and political climate that really kind of brought it to the foreground. Because it’s starting to seem less like a fringe ideology and more like a mainstream ideology."

Why the hate?
"Typically what I found is, people hate other people because they hate something very specifically about themselves, or are very angry about a situation within their own environment, and that is then projected onto other people. So I’m really trying to build resilience with people."

What convinces them otherwise?
"Certainly not facts. It’s very emotional. I try to take them through an emotional journey where they come to the conclusion that they’ve changed, and it’s not me telling them that they’ve changed. What I’ve found least effective is me telling them that they’re wrong, or me telling them that they need to think a certain way. Typically these people are pretty idealistic, although they’re lost, typically pretty bruised emotionally, and they have very low self-esteem.

For folks in these movements, they have their own set of facts. Two plus two equals five, so you can’t argue that two plus two equals four, even though we know that that’s the case. You have to take them through situations where they challenge themselves."

"When I started to meet people that challenged what I believed about them, people that were black, brown, gay—they showed me compassion at a time in my life when I least deserved it. I’d kind of sealed myself off from the real world for eight years, and when I finally started to get peeks at what these people were really like, things changed."

Article:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...rticle/595543/

Free Radicals Project:
https://www.freeradicals.org/
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:20 AM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
That might be true if TDS were something that actually existed.

TDS is a myth. It's a fairy tale. It's just an excuse used by Trump supporters to tap out of debates they know they can't win.

And it's not even original. We heard charges of BDS from the GOP when Bush was President,we heard charges of ODS from the Democrats when Obama was President, we hear charges of TDS from the GOP today, and we'll hear charges of BDS in 2021 after Biden takes office.

You guys need to think of a new catch phrase for tapping out of debates.
:-). The scary thing is I think you believe this. You're just as oblivious as the MSM, and come across just the same.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:37 AM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Good on that guy and his work

But the worst is yet to come, it’s now mainstream?

Bullshit, no one is normalizing these people... all ten thousand of them
Yup, I get so tired of this bullshit constantly being spewed, its just more propaganda. Keep saying it over and over again and it must be true right.

The reality is the left are the ones driving the divide in this country even if it is a just a vocal minority of the left and anyone who says otherwise is full of shit.

The biggest problem I have is they have MSM and politicians pushing their narrative for them and giving it credence.

They obviously learned nothing from 2016 because all they are doing is riling up the Right and pissing of independents.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:38 AM 08-08-2019
TDS is myth. :-) Holy fuck Suzzer :-) you moron.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 07:51 AM 08-08-2019
As I said, TDS is a myth. And it's not even original.

However, DTS is a reality.

DTS = Deranged Trump Supporters
[Reply]
Fishpicker 10:00 AM 08-08-2019

[Reply]
Bump 10:37 AM 08-08-2019

"everybody is calling us deranged because of the way we've behaved, what should we do?"

"Do what we always have done my little soy, start accusing them of being deranged"
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:44 AM 08-08-2019

:-) - You can't be serious, right? I mean, it's every bit of a thing, and even more rampant than ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome), which absolutely existed among the RW'ers.

You continue to expose yourself to be completely bereft of displaying even a modicum of intellectual honesty.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up