ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Question--More Offended or More Outlets
displacedinMN 10:42 AM 08-07-2019
Question made on the radio today..

Are we more offended today OR are the more outlets to voice our rages?

This is the only place I would post this. I do not do other social media platforms.

And Please--try to stick to the question with reasonings-stay away from arguing with other posters. I know that is asking a lot.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:45 AM 08-07-2019
victimhood has made many more sensitive...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:48 AM 08-07-2019
I think it's synergistic. We probably took roughly the same amount of offense, but with all the media at our fingertips, we can document, refine, and amplify our offense over and over.

In the past, something offended you and you sniffed, . . you muttered to your family. You started an argument at work, or over dinner.
Now, you click a link and find 1000s of people just as offended as you, and some word their offense at little more eloquently, . . . or a little more extreme. And someone else brings up a similar but forgotten slight with a link, . and you're off assembling a dossier and writing a manifesto.

And the most fundamental thing fueling it is the sense of vindication and community to be found in sharing experiences of offense. I'm not alone. I'm not crazy. People are as enraged as I am. I'm a good person with a community of support. Aaaah,. . . . bliss.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 10:50 AM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:

This is the only place I would post this. I do not do other social media platforms.

And Please--try to stick to the question with reasonings-stay away from arguing with other posters. I know that is asking a lot.
I think its both kinds but more anon platforms are exacerbating the other.

To the point, it is mostly victim level 1 thinking (read a book called Energy Leadership or google and get the chart poster if you want to know more). Victim level 1 thinking negatively impacts your soul IMHO.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:51 AM 08-07-2019
People are more offended.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:53 AM 08-07-2019
Both. It's the recreational outrage industry. The 'new age' of 'journalism'.

Click bait trash designed to incite fear and panic in the weak and stupid.

The thing is that they do it purely for profit. They don't CARE about the social consequences of their actions.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:53 AM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I think it's synergistic. We probably took roughly the same amount of offense, but with all the media at our fingertips, we can document, refine, and amplify our offense over and over.

In the past, something offended you and you sniffed, . . you muttered to your family. You started an argument at work, or over dinner.
Now, you click a link and find 1000s of people just as offended as you, and some word their offense at little more eloquently, . . . or a little more extreme. And someone else brings up a similar but forgotten slight with a link, . and you're off assembling a dossier and writing a manifesto.

And the most fundamental thing fueling it is the sense of vindication and community to be found in sharing experiences of offense. I'm not alone. I'm not crazy. People are as enraged as I am. I'm a good person with a community of support. Aaaah,. . . . bliss.
and endorphins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:55 AM 08-07-2019

In today's lunatic paradise of a world, people are 'educated' on things like the so-called microaggressions, and are told that even statements like "Nice Dress, Helen. You look great in that." are inappropriate and offensive. So, naturally, those who've been brought up in that toxic stew of a learning environment are more offended, as a result.
[Reply]
Reroka 10:56 AM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Both. It's the recreational outrage industry. The 'new age' of 'journalism'.

Click bait trash designed to incite fear and panic in the weak and stupid.

The thing is that they do it purely for profit. They don't CARE about the social consequences of their actions.
This and most places are now paid depending on how many people visit.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:57 AM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
People are more offended.
Bullshit^

Only one side constantly throws tantrums. When Obama won his elections you didnít see jack shit of a reaction.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:00 AM 08-07-2019

I sincerely feel it's both. Too many places to go to hear outrage and anger, and that goes for whichever side of the aisle you're on. It doesn't help that we are living in Generation Outrage where nobody is willing to civilly debate differences or talk problems out.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:02 AM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
In today's lunatic paradise of a world, people are 'educated' on things like the so-called microaggressions, and are told that even statements like "Nice Dress, Helen. You look great in that." are inappropriate and offensive. So, naturally, those who've been brought up in that toxic stew of a learning environment are more offended, as a result.
JPB nailed it.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:05 AM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Bullshit^

Only one side constantly throws tantrums. When Obama won his elections you didnít see jack shit of a reaction.
The reaction? No you didn't.

But go ahead and deny that people mostly right of the center didn't start noticing the double standards at play with how Obama-era DNC policies and the manner in which those policies were enacted were scrutinized (or lack thereof) by the mainstream press in contrast to the Bush (and to a lesser extent, Clinton) era.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:14 AM 08-07-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Bullshit^

Only one side constantly throws tantrums. When Obama won his elections you didn’t see jack shit of a reaction.
There were protests when Obama won. Birther. Obama is a nazi. Obama is racist.

The whole tea party over-reaction.

It's the same thing dialed up a notch from the other side. When reps lose the presidency, they'll find a way to be even worse. It gets worse each time as party fanbois try to one up the last opposition tantrum and throw themselves into a moral panic.
[Reply]
Katipan 11:16 AM 08-07-2019
Trump is your protest over Obama.

The royal you didn't pick him on merit or anything.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up