ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 44
« First < 344041424344
Washington DC and The Holy Land>2nd Democrat Primary Debate Thread: racism, racism, racism.
Pogue 07:21 AM 07-30-2019
Bingo sheet:

I wonder if we'll hear anything about racism in tonight's #DemocraticDebate ? pic.twitter.com/xgNwupziXm

— Gregory Jon (@gregoryjon) July 30, 2019

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:36 AM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
I've also been impressed by Delaney. His problem is only smart voters will "get" him. Chiefzilla what do you say?

https://www.johndelaney.com/issues/

He wants to raise corporate taxes 7% to pay for $2 trillion infrastructure plan and promote small business & entrepreneurship in low investment communities.

He wants to implement a carbon tax to fund $4 trillion climate plan and "climate corps"

He wants to double the earned income tax credit from $6.5 to $13k, which gives lower income americans a rebate+ on carbon tax and is probably more sellable than UBI & VAT

Give everybody 2 years free community college, paid in part by taxing capital gains on higher income earners at normal income rates.

He wants to keep private insurance as an option.

He is very pro-business and has run 2 public companies. Personally I'm more of a Rand Paul type of guy myself, but if we gotta put another democrat in office I'd rather have someone like him that understands economics than a progressive who's only had government jobs their entire life.
He's probably impressed me the most. Even the centrists have been pulled so far left, including buttigieg (who I had hoped would be a pragmatic centrist alternative to Biden). Ryan has good ideas but is a dud. I actually think Delaney has some charisma but a white private sector male like him has no shot against the progressive assault on him. I wish he could be a viable candidate but it's just not at all likely.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:39 AM 08-01-2019
At this point, I'm resigned to the fact that I'll have two candidates I'm totally opposed to. Trump against Warren or sanders. I have a feeling I'm not close to alone. I am actually almost hoping that happens and that Justin Amash slides in as a third party. He might actually have a shot in this scenario.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 11:44 AM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Iím all for returning to the America of the 1950s if you are. Letís do it.
If we're going back to the 50's, I'm gonna need to see the Democratic platform from that time. Outside of #7, the Republican platform sucks. Assuming this platform is mostly correct, I couldn't vote for this candidate.

Maybe that's why I was a Democrat early on in life.
:-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:52 AM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
If we're going back to the 50's, I'm gonna need to see the Democratic platform from that time. Outside of #7, the Republican platform sucks. Assuming this platform is mostly correct, I couldn't vote for this candidate.

Maybe that's why I was a Democrat early on in life. :-)
The platforms were almost identical in 1956 if you're basing the GOP platform off of what's laid out in loon's DailyKOS newsletter image.
[Reply]
Shields68 12:08 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:

Maybe that's why I was a Democrat early on in life. :-)
Oh I don't know. The things on the list are carefully crafted but I doubt the Republican position has changed all that much.

1. The government has provided and continues to provide a lot of assistance to low income communities. Given the bi partisan budget agreement this is not something causing the Republican to vote no. Now is it as much as a Dem wants?

2. Social Security is not something that anyone is voting to do away with.

3. Asylum to refuges is another most are in favor of. The problem is that all illegal refuges are coached to claim asylum. Now only 10% have a legitimate claim of asylum and lucky if half show up for the hearings.

4. Again not sure any Republican has run on getting rid of minimum wage. Though I would point out extend does not equal raise.

5. Unemployment again is a social safety net that is fixed in the country. Can't remember any republican wanting to get rid of the program.

6. Ability to join a union is totally different from forcing workers to join a union. Even in the 50's Republicans supported right to work laws.

7. Equal pay is not something anyone is against.
[Reply]
scho63 12:09 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by neech:
PB wanted Beto? :-)
Wanted: NO

Bet he was going to be the nominee: YES
[Reply]
stevieray 01:27 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
The only thing that makes sense is that Trump bribed Harris, Warren and Sanders to champion this idiotic idea in order to ensure Trump's re-election.
yup, that makes perfect sense for someone with ZERO common sense. :-)

Hot damn, you're way past going over the ledge of sanity.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:43 PM 08-01-2019

[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:02 PM 08-01-2019
:-) :-) - sometimes the stupidity of identity politics makes me despair, and sometimes it's so self-evidently self-defeating that I just take a breath and repeat to myself 'patience.'

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...cation-brknews
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:07 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
I have to agree. I shake my head in disgust every time Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders tells us we need spend $30 Trillion, greatly increase taxes on the middle class, and destroy private health insurance plans in order get to the Medicare for All Nirvana. The moderates on the stage tried to point out the folly of this, but nobody listens.

Maybe Trump IS playing 4D chess here. The only thing that makes sense is that Trump bribed Harris, Warren and Sanders to champion this idiotic idea in order to ensure Trump's re-election.

Biden is the only hope the Democrats have, and they're too dumb to realize that. He's leading the polls at the moment, but I don't know how long that will last.
Did your anti-trump bunker seriously keep you that out of touch with the politics of the times? This is the nuttery that got trump elected in the first place.

Geezus dude. How long has it been since you seen the sun?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:05 PM 08-08-2019
Not a good result for Harris.

Originally Posted by :
Post-Debate Polling for Kamala Harris Shows Dramatic Drop in Support from Black Democrats

The new Quinnipiac University national poll shows that Sen. Kamala Harrisís polling bounce after the first round of Democratic presidential debates entirely evaporated by the end of the second round.

Harris polled at 20% the Quinnipiac University poll taken a month ago. A pre-second debate poll released by Quinnipiac on July 29th showed Harrisís numbers in decline, with her standing at 12%.

Their latest survey, taken August 1-5, has Harris polling at 7%.

What unquestionably is most troublesome for the Harris campaign is the dramatic drop in support from black Democratic voters, down to 1% after reaching 27% in early July...
https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/0...ack-democrats/
[Reply]
Shields68 02:13 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Not a good result for Harris.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/0...ack-democrats/
Being a prosecutor who actually at one time enforced the laws is a sure way to lose the woke Olympics. Guess she is going to have to promise more free stuff.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:20 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Being a prosecutor who actually at one time enforced the laws is a sure way to lose the woke Olympics. Guess she is going to have to promise more free stuff.
*unzips pants*
[Reply]
Page 44 of 44
« First < 344041424344
Up