ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 18
1 234511 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Shooting at Garlic Festival (Gun Free Zone)
Pogue 12:52 AM 07-29-2019
Originally Posted by :
GILROY, Calif. (AP) ó Three people were killed and at least 15 others injured Sunday after a shooting that sent panicked people running at an annual food festival in Northern California. Also dead is the shooter, who used a rifle and gained entry to the packed festival by cutting through a fence to avoid the tight security, including metal detectors, police said.
Everyone at that festival was a sitting duck. Itís implied that gun free zones are supposed to protect and security will take care of any situation. Of course, we know doesnít protect everyone.
[Reply]
TLO 01:00 AM 07-29-2019
A garlic festival?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:02 AM 07-29-2019
Metal snips control?
[Reply]
-King- 01:16 AM 07-29-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
Everyone at that festival was a sitting duck. Itís implied that gun free zones are supposed to protect and security will take care of any situation. Of course, we know doesnít protect everyone.
Where is it implied that gun free zones will take care of any situation?

How does this play out if it's not a gun free zone in your opinion?
[Reply]
Taco John 01:19 AM 07-29-2019
Always when they need a narrative change...
[Reply]
Pogue 02:09 AM 07-29-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:

The purpose of a gun free zone, weíre told that it keeps guns out of the area with the assumption that criminals and those wanting to do harm will follow the rules.

If itís not a gun free zone, the chances of this happening are slim. Suspects would be less likely to target an area where people have a CCP
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:34 AM 07-29-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:

it doesnt, it just means that said shooter will get more tactical in his attack! They go into this knowing they are probably going to die anyways. it will solve nothing! Im not against guns, they are fun to shoot, but that wouldnt fix the problem.
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:35 AM 07-29-2019
The purpose of a gun free zone, we’re told that it keeps guns out of the area with the assumption that criminals and those wanting to do harm will follow the rules.

If it’s not a gun free zone, the chances of this happening are slim. Suspects would be less likely to target an area where people have a CCP
i doubt it? why would it? these guys basically know they are going into a suicide mission! i dont see why that would prevent anything. It means choose a spot for as much destruction as possible and see what happens! Humans adapt, if someone is going to go batshit insane, they will do their damage.
[Reply]
JD10367 03:49 AM 07-29-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
A garlic festival?
Iíve actually heard of this festival and would go if it wasnít on the opposite coast. Lots of cooking and foods made with garlic. I love garlic.

Apparently this guy didnít, though.
[Reply]
-King- 04:47 AM 07-29-2019
The purpose of a gun free zone, weíre told that it keeps guns out of the area with the assumption that criminals and those wanting to do harm will follow the rules.

If itís not a gun free zone, the chances of this happening are slim. Suspects would be less likely to target an area where people have a CCP
I don't think people made those gun free zones thinking criminals who wanted to shoot as many people as possible would follow those laws.

And I don't think the crazy people doing this care about that. They just want to kill as many people as possible. So they choose places where as many people are gathering as possible. I don't think the shooters really looked up if the festival was gun free or not. They just knew that there would be hundreds of people gathered in one place. Gun free or not, that's the best opportunity you're going to have to kill people.

And IMO, if someone with a gun was there, unless they were in point blank range, they would likely make it worse than better. And before you guys start, I do support gun ownership. I just have a problem with places like festivals/comcetts/movie theaters letting people bring guns freely just because there just might be a mass shooting event. Those places have no way of checking if someone is carrying lawfully or if he is a criminal with an illegally bought gun. Do business want to take that risk of an incident happening on their property because they allowed someone with an illegally owned gun to enter?
[Reply]
-King- 04:51 AM 07-29-2019
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
i doubt it? why would it? these guys basically know they are going into a suicide mission! i dont see why that would prevent anything. It means choose a spot for as much destruction as possible and see what happens! Humans adapt, if someone is going to go batshit insane, they will do their damage.
Exactly. These guys are going in planning to die. Either by someone else's bullet or their own. I doubt the threat of being killed will make them change their mind of shooting up a festival in the first place.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:34 AM 07-29-2019
As of yet no one has brought up gun control, so thatís kinda nice... though I doubt it lasts as the day wears on
[Reply]
scho63 07:18 AM 07-29-2019
I've been there twice when I lived in Mountain View. Great festival.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:23 AM 07-29-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
As of yet no one has brought up gun control, so thatís kinda nice... though I doubt it lasts as the day wears on
How could this happen in Kalifornia? They are a model of oppressing their citizens and their constitutional rights.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:44 AM 07-29-2019
Originally Posted by TLO:
A garlic festival?
Yes, they have those.

Can you imagine the smell, especially with their guts and blood out with the garlic running through their veins.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 18
1 234511 > Last »
Up