ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Military: considering 16 year old recruits
Prison Bitch 10:31 AM 07-21-2019
I guess nobody wants to die for Uncle Scam anymore

Military eyes 16-year-olds as ranks and candidates dwindle

By Ben Wolfgang - The Washington Times - Thursday, July 18, 2019

Last year, the Army fell short of its recruiting goal for the first time in a decade. The Army had set a goal of 76,500 recruits and pulled in just under 70,000, according to Defense Department figures.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...over-enlistme/

[Reply]
neech 08:06 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
my son is leaning heavily towards joining the army when he graduates. Maybe thatíll save them from drafting 16 year olds.
I hope he likes it, some people like that kind of living.
[Reply]
Sensual Lardass 08:17 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Thatís too young to make that kind of commitment, IMHO.
Where do you stand on kids that age or younger getting to decide what their gender is?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:29 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
And if they are mature enough to join the military than it would seem to me that states shouldn't be allowed to have the age of consent be older.

Old enough to kill foreign enemies, old enough to sleep with who you want to.
I agree.

Would a 16 year old be guilty of rape if they had sex with a girl of 12, 13 or 14 then? Ya' know kinda like an 18 year old with a 16 year old girl.

I think some countries make the age of consent for sex as low as age 12. I'd have to look it up but I think one is Spain and some Hispanic countries allow that.
[Reply]
Sorry 09:14 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
This is the only possible outcome when you do not require service from everyone. There simply aren't enough people to fill out these "jobs" when 90% of the populace wants nothing to do with the military.

My belief? It should be a requirement that every able-bodied men and women be required (by law) to serve either in the military or governmental service for a two year period.
Fuck no
[Reply]
Sorry 09:15 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Itís a perfectly valid one, since they are immediately eligible for medical care and education at our expense. Think for once.
It's a false equalency and a dumbass one.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:23 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I like it, at least for the DACA kids... but illegals need to be deported and work their way through the system like all legal immigrants

No respect for people who cut in line
Let's see how many of them want to stay in America if they're required by law to serve in the armed forces.

Of course, we could reduce our military footprint world wide—no need to be involved in 75% of the world's nations and have over 140 bases world wide for an empire of bases. Endless wars will eventually deplete any country of its manpower. If we would learn from history, this is how super powers die.

On the other hand, should America be literally attacked by a foreign nation's military or invaded in some fashion, there's no doubt in my mind enough would willingly and voluntarily serve. The latter is happening right now and there's exceptions in Posse Comitatus for handling issues like the border—as well as insurrection and rebellion. ( like our sanctuary cities are doing and some men are financing like Soros. At least arrest them. )
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:05 AM 07-22-2019
Youíre a blue hive drone tho, so you donít even have the capability of determining what is (and isnít) stupid.
Your new catch phrase is stupid and meaningless. Everyone is blue hive drone!:-)
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:15 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
What makes you assume illegal aliens have no respect for our country or our laws? I mean, we probably should be screening for that kind of thing, but I don't think illegal entry alone justifies your comment. I'm guessing you've probably broken some laws in the past few weeks despite your overall respect for the law and our country.
"We'll just pay the Vandals to be our mercenaries." /Rome
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:20 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
:-)

Yep!
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 10:21 AM 07-22-2019
It was a horrendous mistake to lower the voting age to 18 to match the age at which men were asked to serve in the military. I don't even want to think about 16 year olds serving and therefore demanding the right to vote.

And we don't need 16 year olds in the damn military. If we're falling short, we need to make the military more attractive for the target age recruit, not open it up to 16 year old dipshits.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:36 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
:-) Are you trying to suggest that Rome wasnít incredibly successful at incorporating non-citizens into its military? I donít believe you could make that case, but I also donít think either of us know enough to have an intelligent argument about it.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:37 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:

Yep!
Same to you.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:37 AM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
It was a horrendous mistake to lower the voting age to 18 to match the age at which men were asked to serve in the military. I don't even want to think about 16 year olds serving and therefore demanding the right to vote.

And we don't need 16 year olds in the damn military. If we're falling short, we need to make the military more attractive for the target age recruit, not open it up to 16 year old dipshits.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:49 AM 07-22-2019
We need Israel to lend young people to our military in exchange for our aid. It’s a totally fair proposal. And we don’t have to bring them here or even send them anywhere, just have them serve alongside our perma-Forces already in the area. Win-win
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 11:05 AM 07-22-2019
We need Israel to lend young people to our military in exchange for our aid. Itís a totally fair proposal. And we donít have to bring them here or even send them anywhere, just have them serve alongside our perma-Forces already in the area. Win-win
ISRAEL won't ever go for that and U know it.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up