ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 40
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Hall of Classics>The Lurker 500
Iowanian 10:43 AM 03-15-2008
Ladies and Gentlemen.

Start your Engines for the Lurker 500.

In this race of planet history, Lurkers, those with less than 100 posts per year of membership are challenged!

Myself, and other tenured members I shall designate will pose comments, statements or questions of Chiefs Planet History. Your job~your Challenge! is to explain the story behind the comment, link it to its originating poster....explain why its relevant or funny. Bonus points awarded for context.

How well do the lurkers know us? How versed are the lurkers in our history?

At the end of this thread, I will donate $20 to Chiefsplanet in the name of the determined winner. The contest will end when I determine the thread/contest has run its course.

Points will be awarded by myself to the first lurker with correct explanation of each event. Bonus points will be given to those with less than 10 total posts.

Tenured posters are allowed to participate in the thread, however until a lurker answers a question...do not give the answer, or anything more than subtle hints on questions that may pose difficulty. Once revealed of the true answer.....feel free to give your take or comment on that moment.
[Reply]
POP 08:33 AM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:
and name the poster responsible for the site
MeMyselfI
[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:35 AM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by POP:
MeMyselfI
yes

but I'm referring to the parody site
[Reply]
Shootr 08:37 AM 03-16-2008
yes

KCGannonstalker.com
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:37 AM 03-16-2008
yes

Very few people know who did that. I happen to be one of them.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:38 AM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Very few people know who did that. I happen to be one of them.
i was just looking for the poster's planet name....I don't actually know who it was...
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:40 AM 03-16-2008
i was just looking for the poster's planet name....I don't actually know who it was...
I'm not telling...
[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:41 AM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by Shootr:
KCGannonstalker.com
i can't give you points, but yes again

a trip down memory lane...
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:04 AM 03-16-2008
I miss the good ole days when a lurker was drawn out and we beat his skull in !

But this is fun too.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:16 AM 03-16-2008
I'm not telling...
Me either.

Unless somebody slips me $100.
[Reply]
burt 09:20 AM 03-16-2008
This is more fun.
[Reply]
Huffmeister 09:22 AM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
How did "anti-freeze" become a common lexicon on CP?
Was that one of the helpful hints given when QuickSurfer's cat went missing?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:30 AM 03-16-2008
A poster once blamed a run of dumbassery on a strange form of intoxication. Who was it and what was the intoxicant?
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:31 AM 03-16-2008
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Me either.

Unless somebody slips me $100.
I'll do it for $95 :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:38 AM 03-16-2008
I'll do it for $95 :-)
Ill-Logical mused way back in 2005 that more people than not amongst planet verterans knew who he was. Guess I'm one out of the loop coot.
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:51 AM 03-16-2008
+4 shootr.

Credit for 37forever, which originated from a thread by a poster named Adam Jassey from the star. that conversation came here with the new board, and became the 37forever foundation. that group, composed mostly of members of this board began fund raising and was successful in providing swimming lessons to several kids in Missouri and Louisiana(Delaney's home turf). The group also lobbied for 37 to be in the ring of fame, successfully, and was part of a nice article in Sports Illustrated about Delaney.

Also credited with dense's favorite team, the raiders, where she indeed had an online stalker's shrine to Rich Gannon. KCGannonstalker.com was created by an unnamed, but known to many, member of the board. She threatened legal action for the site to be removed, not an unique action to that poster.

I think the commentary of those posters involved or with better recollections of these events can only improve the thread. Bring it strong!
[Reply]
Page 9 of 40
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up