ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Why doesn't Kalifornia just go ahead and declare themselves a Communist country?
Lzen 09:11 AM 01-11-2008
Report: California Considers Thermostat Control

Friday, January 11, 2008

California energy regulators are considering taking control of residents' thermostats, giving them the ability to control the temperatures of homes during energy crises, the New York Times reports.

The California Energy Commission is expected to vote on the rules next month, which would give utilities the power to control home thermostats via radio control to manage electricity shortages, the paper reports.

Customers would be able to override utilities' suggested temperatures, but not during energy emergencies, the New York Times reports. The move, officials say, would help them avoid rotating outages statewide.

You realize there are times very rarely, once every few years when you would be subject to a rotating outage and everything would crash including your computer and traffic lights, and you dont want to do that, Arthur H. Rosenfeld, a member of the energy commission, told the Times.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,321970,00.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/11/us...in&oref=slogin
[Reply]
HemiEd 11:21 AM 01-11-2008
Originally Posted by frazod:
:-)

Man, your town is f#cked up. Naperville doesn't have any of that.
Yep, the Village is run by a bunch of incompetent fatass wannabees.

I met the guy that is in charge of the village streets, asked him a question about street maintenence, and he had no clue.
I found out he was hired because he had 8 kids and the fatass Mayor felt sorry for him not having a job.
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:24 AM 01-11-2008
Its not the Geography, Geology, or scenery of California that is distasteful, its the horde of condescending pricks and whackadoos that live there.

Dane, there is no need to remind us of the 4 quadrillion plastic laden beauties gracing the beaches of California in scotch tape bikinis or that all California men have 19" pickles....the humble Kaplin has covered that adequately.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd surely starve without winter brussel sprouts and wine. Fortunate for me, if I drank wine, at least half a dozen wineries have popped up in my end of the state in the past couple of years. If I can only get the dope growers to add off season tomatoes.......
[Reply]
splatbass 11:28 AM 01-11-2008
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Its not the Geography, Geology, or scenery of California that is distasteful, its the horde of condescending pricks and whackadoos that live there.
I feel the same way about Iowa and Missouri. :-) I know a lot of really nice people in California. If you judge it by celebrities or what you see on TV you have a skewed idea of what the people there are like.
[Reply]
kaplin42 11:32 AM 01-11-2008
Originally Posted by Iowanian:

Which is why I can't stand Los Angeles. The people here are fricken morons of an epic level. But that doesn't mean that the rest of the state is completely worthless.

Splatbass,

Yeah, I love how you can surf in the morning, ski/snowboard in the afternoon, and then have a nice meal and be partying out on the town at night, all in one day.
[Reply]
splatbass 11:34 AM 01-11-2008
Originally Posted by kaplin42:

Splatbass,

Yeah, I love how you can surf in the morning, ski/snowboard in the afternoon, and then have a nice meal and be partying out on the town at night, all in one day.
Yup, it's awesome!
[Reply]
svuba 11:34 AM 01-11-2008
http://www.kcpl.com/residential/acc.html

KCP&L's ENERGY OPTIMIZER lets you optimize your home's energy efficiency. It's easy and it's free.

Where do my energy dollars go?

Optimize energy for future generations
Energy Optimizer participants help control system peak demands during summer months. On the hottest weekday afternoons from June through September, demands on KCP&Ls system are the highest. At these times, we may either raise your temperature a few degrees, or cycle the air conditioning compressor off and on for 15-minute increments for no more than 4 hours.

I guess its time for Missouri to declare itself a communist country as well!
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:34 AM 01-11-2008
I've been to California, and I met ALOT of californians...in Colorado when working.

You know its bad, when Denver Locals think Californians are assholes and nutjobs.

I have no problem believing there are good and nice people there as well.....but they are sure drown out by the dumbf@ckary being exported by that state.
[Reply]
trndobrd 11:35 AM 01-11-2008

And if you like, we can round up 100, 1000, or 100,000,000 random women from Cali. and from what ever town you're from and compare. Something tells me that Cali. will come out on top for hotness.

Bakersfield, Barstow and Fresno are all well known centers for babe hotness.
[Reply]
NewChief 11:36 AM 01-11-2008
Originally Posted by frazod:
I'm sure Jim or one of the other koolaid drinkers will be along shortly to tell us all how wonderful Kalifornia is. :-)
Followed by Big Daddy ranting about how horrible America is and how our country is being taken over by pussified shemales.
[Reply]
Delano 11:40 AM 01-11-2008
kaplin42 and splatbass:

I noticed you both mentioned the Yosemite and Kings Canyon national parks in this thread. I was wondering if either of you have experienced those parks in the winter? How accessible are they in, say, early April?
[Reply]
kaplin42 11:46 AM 01-11-2008
Originally Posted by Delano:
kaplin42 and splatbass:

I noticed you both mentioned the Yosemite and Kings Canyon national parks in this thread. I was wondering if either of you have experienced those parks in the winter? How accessible are they in, say, early April?

Yosemite is accessible. I wouldn't go camping unless freezing is a hobby of yours, but there is a famous hotel up there. The Ahwahnee Hotel is supposed to be beautiful, and I hear the food is fantastic.

Kings Canyon is accepble to a degree, and I'm sure in April all but a few roads will be open.

Thinking of camping?
[Reply]
NewChief 11:49 AM 01-11-2008
Yosemite is accessible. I wouldn't go camping unless freezing is a hobby of yours, but there is a famous hotel up there. The Ahwahnee Hotel is supposed to be beautiful, and I hear the food is fantastic.

Kings Canyon is accepble to a degree, and I'm sure in April all but a few roads will be open.

Thinking of camping?

You can access Yosemite on snowmobile during the winter, right? Or at least parts of it?
[Reply]
kaplin42 11:51 AM 01-11-2008
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
Bakersfield, Barstow and Fresno are all well known centers for babe hotness.

Sarcasm? I can't tell.

Barstow is a little powdunk town out in the middle of nowhere. It was basicaly a truck stop between Nevada/Arizona and Los Angeles.

Bakersfield and Fresno, can be ghetto for sure, but there is still a hot chick population there.

San Diege, Los Angeles, Orange County, Santa Barbara, San Francisco all have plent of babes running around.
[Reply]
Delano 11:52 AM 01-11-2008

Thinking of camping?
Heh, temperature isn't a worry of mine. I was concerned about snow-covered roadways.

My in-laws are contracted to work in a Bakersfield hospital and we are visiting on spring break.

I've got a week or so in CA and allocated a few days to Yosemite and Kings Canyon. Probably check out that hotel and if it is too spendy, I'll bring the low-temperature camping gear. I would hope that rates would be reduced considering the time of year.

I'm sure I'll be asking for more to do in the near future. Thanks!
[Reply]
kaplin42 11:52 AM 01-11-2008
Originally Posted by NewPhin:
You can access Yosemite on snowmobile during the winter, right? Or at least parts of it?

I'm sure, but a lot of the roads are cleared too.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up