Timothy Olyphant
Michael Madsen
Tim Roth
Dewey Crow as Manson

This is going to be one epic movie.

[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:29 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
In fact, the movie was coming close to losing me during that big extended filming scene in the middle where Rick was on the set of the western.
One of my favorite parts.

"Poor Easy Breezy."
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:18 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Just tell me Jackie Browns in your top 3 and we’re still cool :-)
Bottom 3

Reserviour Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Inglorious Bastards
Once Upon a time in Hollywood
Kill Bill Vol. 1
Django Unchained
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Jackie Brown
Deathproof
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:22 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
While Cliff was the soul of the movie, Rick was the heart of the movie. Without Rick, there would have been no Cliff.

I'm surprised to see so many people pan LDC's performance and character. For me, it was absolutely mind blowing to actually SEE a real TV Series, Lancer, acted out by actors, who themselves are being portrayed by actors in a TV series within in a movie.

The way LDC seamlessly transitioned from Rick Dalton in Bounty Law to a criminal in Lancer, then back to Rick Dalton the person was simply amazing, IMO, and his performance was absolutely stellar.

As much as I've loved Brad Pitt's characters over the years, I always see Brad Pitt in the role. I didn't really see Cliff when Pitt was onscreen, I saw Pitt.

Yet LDC was essentially playing three different characters in the film and I saw each and every one of those and not Leonardo Di Caprio.
Honestly thought it was some of the best acting I’ve ever seen.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:26 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I'm as real as a donut, Mother ****er!!

I love 1968 and '69 music. I graduated high school in '68, this movie is right up my alley. I didn't think that many people would really dig it. I'm glad some of you like it. I guess you have to be a fan of the 60's to really get into it. I've got a small section of a wall at home with about 25 photos of shows and movies I like from the 60's and such.

To really love this movie, as I did, I think you needed to check off at least a couple of these boxes:

Have been alive during the 60’s: missed it by 7 years

Love American history: check

Love great acting: check

Love Tarantino films: check
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:37 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Bottom 3

Reserviour Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Inglorious Bastards
Once Upon a time in Hollywood
Kill Bill Vol. 1
Django Unchained
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Jackie Brown
Deathproof
We’re all welcome to our own tastes, they’re all incredible works... I just tend to enjoy his more grounded fare that’s all
[Reply]
smith11 01:28 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
One of my favorite parts.

"Poor Easy Breezy."
love how tarantino references obscure stories in the background of the main story....dalton's co-star in the TV pilot was a real life character james stacy, played by timothy olyphant...as the production winds down for the day they show stacy hopping on his motorcycle and riding off

in real life stacy had a bad motorcycle crash and lost limbs and had a promising acting career derailed...
[Reply]
eDave 04:02 AM 04-06-2020
Going to have to watch it again I guess. Was kinda meant for me first time through.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:35 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Having Easy's background knowledge on the Manson story and/or Dane's in-depth grasp of theater may have made this a different viewing for me. I came in looking for a Tarantino roller coaster ride and that didn't happen.

I really enjoy most everything Pitt, Leo, and QT have made. I was picturing another QT non-linear piece with his rich dialogue and "wow" moments typical of his films. There was some of that but it appears this one was nuanced in ways that didn't line up with me.
I need to watch this one again. We really enjoyed it, and I think it could be my favorite QT movie.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:51 AM 04-06-2020
One of the greatest uses of a song in a movie. At 4:00 Vanilla Fudge You keep me hangin on. They happen to be the first concert I ever attended, 1968.

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:20 AM 04-06-2020
Watched it again last night, even better the second time imo.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:24 AM 04-06-2020
If you can’t dig this movie... EAT SHIT

Just tell me Jackie Browns in your top 3 and we’re still cool :-)
:-)

Let's just agree that the opening scene in Basterds was one of the most engaging opening scenes in any movie ever.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:29 AM 04-06-2020
When I was watching and Sharon Tate goes to the house party, Steve McQueen shows up. My first thought was "Hey, that's Captain Winters from Band of Brothers!" He did look similar to McQueen. I never would have put those two together. Good casting.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:35 AM 04-06-2020

Just tell me Jackie Browns in your top 3.
Didn’t know you listened to the Delfonics?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:21 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
One of the greatest uses of a song in a movie. At 4:00 Vanilla Fudge You keep me hangin on. They happen to be the first concert I ever attended, 1968.

The ending is amazing the way it plays with your expectations. It uses your knowledge of the real life events to build tension, then when the events change its this huge tension release and pretty funny the way it plays out.

I actually read something awhile back that said it didn’t play as well with younger audiences who didn’t know the real events of that night. Some were just confused by it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:38 PM 05-13-2020
Kill Bill 3 as his last film?

https://www.nme.com/news/film/kill-b...ks-2666915?amp

Uma Thurman and Quentin Tarantino are in talks for ‘Kill Bill Vol. 3’
"I'd love for them to figure it out," said one of the first film's key actors
[Reply]
Page 21 of 22
« First < 111718192021 22 >
Up