Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>HBO McMillions
Carlota69 02:59 PM 02-24-2020
HOLY SHIT!
Anyone watching this???

[Reply]
BWillie 03:02 PM 02-24-2020
I remember that game. If I recall correctly, you could get 2 of 3 of the pieces or 1 of 2 of the pieces for each street or avenue. The real difficulty was getting the one rare piece.

I ate lots of mcfries trying to get them sons a bitches
[Reply]
Carlota69 03:03 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I remember that game. If I recall correctly, you could get 2 of 3 of the pieces or 1 of 2 of the pieces for each street or avenue. The real difficulty was getting the one rare piece.

I ate lots of mcfries trying to get them sons a bitches
Watch the doc! YOU NEVER HAD A CHANCE. This story is fucking nuts
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:26 PM 02-24-2020
Yeah. Im watching it. It’s really interesting. Fucking chuckleheads. I can’t believe they didn’t get caught sooner
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:02 PM 02-24-2020
It's pretty awesome. The story is crazy by itself. But the loose cannon fbi agent is pretty great too.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:05 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It's pretty awesome. The story is crazy by itself. But the loose cannon fbi agent is pretty great too.
He’s funny as hell.

There is a surprising amount of humor in this.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:05 PM 02-24-2020
Thanks Carlota. I was to lazy to start a thread about this show but it needed a thread. I am super sucked in. I remember hearing about this scam and then nothing....then I found out the trials for all these guys started on 9/10/2001. That explains why everyone forgot about this. Very well done Doc. Love the FBI agent. Lol.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:24 PM 02-24-2020
Nice, I'll check this out
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:41 AM 02-25-2020
Yeah, it's pretty amazing.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:32 AM 02-25-2020
I've heard good things. I don't have HBO, but I'll probably get the HBO Go app or something for a month to watch this.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:34 AM 02-25-2020
Yesterday seemed a little too unnecessarily long. But great way to close. Someone on Twitter was laughing that everyone involved is a character themselves. There are so many wildly unreliable narrators that it’ll be interesting when the documentary reveals who actually did what.
[Reply]
Carlota69 12:33 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yesterday seemed a little too unnecessarily long. But great way to close. Someone on Twitter was laughing that everyone involved is a character themselves. There are so many wildly unreliable narrators that it’ll be interesting when the documentary reveals who actually did what.
Agreed. The 4th episode is the weakest so far, but still a great show! I wish it was on Netflix or something so I didnt have to wait a week to finish it
[Reply]
Sorry 01:20 PM 02-25-2020
There was a article posted about this story on here awhile back.

Makes you think how many things have been rigged over the years
[Reply]
DeepPurple 03:29 PM 02-25-2020
I'm watching, the biggest problem is the people of course are criminals, but they're not even likeable, in fact they're scumbags. I can't believe the FBI takes so long to put them away. The doc itself, is too long. It could of been a 2 hour Dateline episode. If it wasn't for this one FBI agent, it would be like watching paint dry.

[Reply]
Talisman 09:57 AM 02-26-2020
The lure of the million dollar payout had so many of them jumping in to buy a winning ticket without truly understanding the payout structure and the mob's cut. If it was a lump sum, they'd at least have some money to potentially payoff their house or buy a few nice things. The $50k per year for 20 years made for a slow trickle after everyone took their piece of the pie.

With the mob Jerry taking half pre-tax and them having to pay taxes on the full amount, they were basically coming out with around $10k a year. After paying in $50k for the opportunity to get in on the scam, it was going to take five years before they broke even. Not exactly the windfall it seemed.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up