ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 70
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:40 AM 04-02-2020
I'm not going to put this in spoilers because the finale has been out for a while now; would anyone else have carried through with Data's wish to die other than Picard? Both characters had what should be considered as unconventional points of view on death, resurrection and immortality. There is just a lot to unpack in that final conversation between the two of them, a lot to think about. I know the others went along with it but my impression is that they did that at Picard's insistence. That scene and that series of events was, in my opinion, the high point of the episode.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:47 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Jamie:
I will say the ending was better than I was expecting. But the way the story was built, wouldn't it have made more sense for Picard to sacrifice himself for Data to come back (recast, new body)? Narrative symmetry and all that. They could rename the ship USS Picard so the title makes sense.
Picard sacrifice himself for Data? The only reason the destroyer turned around was Picards sacrifice of his life. Kind of the whole story plot of the finale.

Originally Posted by listopencil:
I'm not going to put this in spoilers because the finale has been out for a while now; would anyone else have carried through with Data's wish to die other than Picard? Both characters had what should be considered as unconventional points of view on death, resurrection and immortality. There is just a lot to unpack in that final conversation between the two of them, a lot to think about. I know the others went along with it but my impression is that they did that at Picard's insistence. That scene and that series of events was, in my opinion, the high point of the episode.
Yes, the final episodes were the best of the season, The Data and Picard scenes were the best scene's of the season.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:49 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
That was out of nowhere, but they were hinting at Seven being a lesbian in her first episode this season. Strong overtones that the woman she killed was her lover.
I never got that vibe, how was she portrayed as a Lesbian?
[Reply]
Fish 07:29 AM 04-02-2020
Thought this was kind of a head scratcher though...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Jamie 10:22 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Picard sacrifice himself for Data? The only reason the destroyer turned around was Picards sacrifice of his life. Kind of the whole story plot of the finale.
No, when they were in the computer afterwards. Data comes out into the new body instead of Picard.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:34 AM 04-02-2020

[Reply]
keg in kc 01:47 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I never got that vibe, how was she portrayed as a Lesbian?
She'd clearly had a relationship with the woman she killed in the first episode she appeared.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:01 AM 04-13-2020

[Reply]
Jamie 01:57 PM 04-14-2020

Also RedLetterMedia is going to do a Plinkett review of the season.
[Reply]
notorious 08:49 PM 04-14-2020
Oh yes. Bring on Plinkett!!!!
[Reply]
Donger 01:42 PM 04-16-2020
I guess CBS All Access is free for a month by using the code "GIFT"?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:31 AM 05-15-2020
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...access-1294704

'Star Trek' Pike and Spock Series Set at CBS All Access

CBS All Access is firing up the USS Enterprise.

The streamer has handed out a straight-to-series order for Star Trek: Discovery spinoff Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. The drama will see Anson Mount, Ethan Peck and Rebecca Romijn reprise their respective Discovery roles as Capt. Christopher Pike, Spock and Number One as the series explores the years the former manned the helm of the Enterprise. The show follows the trio in the decade before Capt. Kirk boarded the Enterprise as they explore new worlds around the galaxy.

More at the link
[Reply]
Frazod 12:27 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...access-1294704

'Star Trek' Pike and Spock Series Set at CBS All Access

CBS All Access is firing up the USS Enterprise.

The streamer has handed out a straight-to-series order for Star Trek: Discovery spinoff Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. The drama will see Anson Mount, Ethan Peck and Rebecca Romijn reprise their respective Discovery roles as Capt. Christopher Pike, Spock and Number One as the series explores the years the former manned the helm of the Enterprise. The show follows the trio in the decade before Capt. Kirk boarded the Enterprise as they explore new worlds around the galaxy.

More at the link
FUCK YEAH!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
**** YEAH!

THIS!
[Reply]
bowener 12:32 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
FUCK YEAH!

This is how they quietly kill Discovery over the next two seasons. Make a (hopefully) solid show that fans and casuals will enjoy. One continues on and the other can be forgotten.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 70
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up